Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal&hyde

He was class against Inter. I really rate the guy and hope he will stay fit this season. He is head and shoulders above any of our center backs except for Lindelof. Brave, good pace, good with the ball at his feet, good all round defender. If last season was Lindelofs time to come of age, let's hope this season is Baillys time.

The_Midfielder

he is good but has occasional brain farts.. when he doesn't make any error he can be really good

Red_toad

He was class against Inter. I really rate the guy and hope he will stay fit this season. He is head and shoulders above any of our center backs except for Lindelof. Brave, good pace, good with the ball at his feet, good all round defender. If last season was Lindelofs time to come of age, let's hope this season is Baillys time.
You missed injury prone and prone to massive brain farts, plus not very good in the air. Had a good first season when he first came in,since then he's been generally injured and very underwhelming, not sure how he's the best defender we got after Lindelof. Might as well say it's Jones, as he's looked better this preseason...

jackal&hyde

You missed injury prone and prone to massive brain farts, plus not very good in the air. Had a good first season when he first came in,since then he's been generally injured and very underwhelming, not sure how he's the best defender we got after Lindelof. Might as well say it's Jones, as he's looked better this preseason...
Jones is just as injury prone and for a much longer period (and an own goal expert) and Smalling can't play football IMO. So it's maybe not saying much that he's better then them.

I agree with him being injury prone and this is IMO the reason for some of his mistakes due to lack of confidence. If he manages to stay fit he will be a starter IMO. Apart from not being impressive in his headers he has all the qualities of a good modern defender.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he could stop those odd errors and Miss kicks he’d be one of the best in the league.

I think he and Maguire could be a really good partnership personally.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His problem is not those mis-kicks although they are hilariously bad but rash challenges where's he's either taken out of the play or injures himself or picks up a card or all of the above.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's like a penknife, you never know which blade will pop out.

SteveW

I reckon Ole will let him go if a decent bid comes in. Looks great on his good days but a complete liability the rest of the time. How can a manager rely on that?

haram

It's not just his brain farts though is it. His passing is not very good, he's not good in the air, and he is injury prone on top of that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It's not just his brain farts though is it. His passing is not very good, he's not good in the air, and he is injury prone on top of that.
His passing is not bad, he has some skill on the ball to evade a press and he often picks the easy pass out of defence early and can play one touch football. He's light years ahead of someone like Smalling.

His heading is poor which is inexplicable for someone so aggressive and athletic.

haram

His passing is not bad, he has some skill on the ball to evade a press and he often picks the easy pass out of defence early and can play one touch football. He's light years ahead of someone like Smalling.

His heading is poor which is inexplicable for someone so aggressive and athletic.
On the ball he is fine I agree.

Jonas Hagman

Supports
Olympiakos , Moss FK, FCK
Still exited about Bailly really, hes quick, 25 years old, let's just hope he can remain fit throughout the season to develop in Ole's team.
I think Eric could be a key player this season if he keeps fit, i do agree he has some weakness like somepeople are mentioning but i think we should give Bailly a new season to prove himself before we draw the line….

Anyways, knee and ankle injuries like he struggled with can be crucial and destroy players careers there is many examples of that in the past...

redMundo

He’s got some very good points and a high ceiling in many areas however his three key weaknesses are TOO poor to be carried by his strengths.

1. He’s injury prone.
2. He only knows how to play reckless all-in football.
3. He heads the ball with his eyes shut like I did when I was four. Must bounce off the top of his head more often than his forehead

jesperjaap

Interesting you talking about his passing not being very good but for me on the ball he is just as good if not better than Lindelof bar the brain farts and I am not saying that lauding him either, think he is just decent on the ball, yet people seem to laud Lindelof who is no better.

He is pretty shocking in the air but he did look good in his first season and minus the brain farts has the ability probably to be our best defender. He has suffered with injuries but his main problem last year anyway seems to be whenever he has been given an opportunity to prove himself its not liek you could even say he hasnt taken it, he has had an absolute shocker virtually every single time before getting injured again.

We do seem to have too many of these "they could be good players" though and there has to be a point where you just replace them otherwise you end up with the likes of JOnes, Smalling, Lingard for example and you end up as we almost are with a squad of squad players

Hawks2008

If Jones and Rojo deserve their place in the team than so does Bailly.

Ideally all 3 would be moved on.

The United

His problem is not those mis-kicks although they are hilariously bad but rash challenges where's he's either taken out of the play or injures himself or picks up a card or all of the above.
And, pretty much shit in the air for a CB.

If he was a RB or LB, it would be ok as I really like his athleticism.

Bobski

He can't time a leap. Great spring on him but he seems to really struggle to read the trajectory and velocity of the ball when it is coming aerially, meaning he is always up too early or too late and fluffing headers, or even missing them altogether. It is the type of weakness that is very strange to see in experienced pro's, I would wonder if he needs his eyes checked.

Bailly could be one of those players who is still considered all potential at 27/28. He could be amazing with a few of those flaws ironed out, great athlete, fantastic combative attitude that fires up the crowd, at times he even looks so silky on the ball, turning away from danger, he can be fantastic.

worldinmotion66

Those posters rating his athleticism - Tuanzebe and Fosu Mensah have similar characteristics and are much younger. I'd rather see us focus on their game time rather than give the same old players another chance, they've had their opportunities and haven't been able to learn from the same mistakes over and over again. Bailly will never be an elite defender.

Decomposing In Paris

Those posters rating his athleticism - Tuanzebe and Fosu Mensah have similar characteristics and are much younger. I'd rather see us focus on their game time rather than give the same old players another chance, they've had their opportunities and haven't been able to learn from the same mistakes over and over again. Bailly will never be an elite defender.
So do you propose going into the new season with TFM as a starting CB? Thought not.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bailly can actually defend though. He's had some great performances for us where he's looked like a world beater - but then he goes and does a stupid kung fu kick or slices the ball with a WWF style big boot.

If he can cut that stuff out and learn to time his headers better he will be a top player.

Against Inter the other day he was faultless.

Kostov

This guy just needs to stay fit and he is a very useful CB for us. Ideally I wish Tuanzebe's development to be prioritized to his.

hocane

In that season we finished 2nd Bailly was an absolute rock.

You can say whatever you want about him, but Bailly is out best cb when in form.

Decomposing In Paris

No.

Bailly isn't a starting CB.
He is if he starts, that's how it works. You're suggesting TFM as a preferable starting option when he's not as good a player. If we have them all in the squad it's up to the manager to pick the best of the 3 options... (or none of them) that's the manager's job. If we get rid of Bailly because we've got TFM then we're making the manager's job more difficult. I don't know why we would want to do that. If TFM or Tuanzebe outperform the other defenders in training, they'll play.

acnumber9

You can say whatever you want about him, but Bailly is out best cb when in form.
In that season Eric Bailly started 11 league games. You can make up whatever you want about him but when he’s not on form, which is almost always, he’s a liability.

It's getting to the point where we might as well sell him. He's got the ability to be by far our best defender but he gets injured doing pretty much nothing. He's never going to be able to progress.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He is the African Phil Jones. Too awkward to be a defender as he just injures himself too easily.

Just sell him on.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Personally thought he was MOTM.

Nick7

He really was not. He was good for the first couple of months in the season we finished 5th, then has 13 appearances in the two seasons since. Got himself sent off in the EL semi final and hasn't been the same since. His positioning is awful, made up for with his recovery speed, his heading is atrocious. He's rash, prone to more brain dead moments that Jones and is injured more than Jones, or Smalling.

dove

Should have been sold last season. Massively overrated and is never fit. Now we are stuck with him again as surely no one is buying him injured.

SteveW

Seems to injure himself every time there's a chance we might sell him.

SteveW

It's getting to the point where we might as well sell him. He's got the ability to be by far our best defender but he gets injured doing pretty much nothing. He's never going to be able to progress.
Hes fast and tackles hard. That's it.

Zero positional sense, heading ability or concentration.

Hes fast and tackles hard. That's it.

Zero positional sense, heading ability or concentration.
He does have positional sense but his concentration lets him down with it. The only way for him to improve that is to play more, which he cant because he is always injured. He hasn't been able to improve at all since he joined us.

Status
Not open for further replies.