Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
On paper we have a bunch of centre backs but Bailly, Jones and Rojo are perpetually injured. The lad's got so much potential but will he ever realise it considering how much time he spends on the treatment table? Out until January for cying out loud. The man's cursed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another bullshit scenario face. Trigger the extension and we are stuck with a useleaa player we can't move on.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another bullshit scenario face. Trigger the extension and we are stuck with a useleaa player we can't move on.

Still worth it surely? He's still got bundles of potential. 2 years extra is not much in the grand scheme of things.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
terrible for Bailly.... a career that isnt getting off the ground
Yes. And you begin to wonder whether it ever will. I did have high hopes that if we did not sign Maguire for instance that Bailly would become a first choice CH. Really bad luck for him.

Ekeke

Jones is a better CB and part of our British core. Thats why hes here. Bailly is different. We can compare him more to Rojo who clearly hasnt been in the plans and has had injuries, but somehow hes still here and got a new contract

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Should have sold him this summer way before end of preseason

DoomSlayer

Whatever his faults are for being injury-prone, there is one poster that was very active on this thread, who needs to seriously apologise for accusing Bailly of faking injury and calling him a coward basically.

Adam-Utd

What potential? He is arguably our worst defender.
If you can't see it that's fine. He's rough around the edges but he's a good defender.

He's a modern centre back though that is mainly dominant on the floor. His clear weakness is heading so maybe England isn't the best place for him, but no surprise he was getting rave reviews in Spain.

dove

If you can't see it that's fine. He's rough around the edges but he's a good defender.

He's a modern centre back though that is mainly dominant on the floor. His clear weakness is heading so maybe England isn't the best place for him, but no surprise he was getting rave reviews in Spain.
He is a complete opposite of good defender. Constantly out of position and losing his player but because he is athletic he can sometimes recover doing last ditch tackles. Don't let this fool you thinking it makes him a good defender. He is a liability.

Alabaster Codify7

If we get Maguire this window, Bailly needs to be wrapped in cotton-wool and sold in January. Even if we have to take a big hit on him and sell for around £20m. Someone will pay that, abroad. All he's going to be here is a back-up option and one that is continually injured, no new contract, move him on. Rojo should have gone years ago, he should be sold this summer for ANYTHING. If a Turkish club only want to bid £10m, sell him.

DoomSlayer

If we get Maguire this window, Bailly needs to be wrapped in cotton-wool and sold in January. Even if we have to take a big hit on him and sell for around £20m. Someone will pay that, abroad. All he's going to be here is a back-up option and one that is continually injured, no new contract, move him on. Rojo should have gone years ago, he should be sold this summer for ANYTHING. If a Turkish club only want to bid £10m, sell him.
Apparently Rojo has been phenomenal in training so far under Ole so he will be staying.

Adam-Utd

He is a complete opposite of good defender. Constantly out of position and losing his player but because he is athletic he can sometimes recover doing last ditch tackles. Don't let this fool you thinking it makes him a good defender. He is a liability.
I don't agree personally. I've seen him enough times have a very good match to know he has it in him.

Yes he's made mistakes in the past but he's very young in terms of football, let's not forget he didn't even play football until he was 18!

Will he ever be world class? probably not, but saying he can't defend just isn't true IMO.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don't agree personally. I've seen him enough times have a very good match to know he has it in him.

Yes he's made mistakes in the past but he's very young in terms of football, let's not forget he didn't even play football until he was 18!

Will he ever be world class? probably not, but saying he can't defend just isn't true IMO.
:lol: You think he didn't play football until he was 18? So he managed to get signed by a Spanish club at 17 without ever playing the sport?

He's also completely fecking shite.

Football Scout

He’s a very good defender imo and I enjoy watching him play, but he can’t seem to stay fit.

It’s a shame, but may as well sell him.

haram

People talk about potential but at the very least, you need a brain to make use of it. He has cost us points, and because we signed him the board used it as an excuse not to sign Maguire last season at a lower fee. The guy will never be a top player and is a waste of time.

He is only a good defender if you have never actually seen a good defender.

Kostov

People talk about potential but at the very least, you need a brain to make use of it. He has cost us points, and because we signed him the board used it as an excuse not to sign Maguire last season at a lower fee. The guy will never be a top player and is a waste of time.

He is only a good defender if you have never actually seen a good defender.
Well not everyone is a 27 year old teen with potential like Lingard are they? :lol:

He's a pretty good defender alright, however you can hardly develop your game being constantly injured, his career will suffer as consequence.

Alabaster Codify7

Apparently Rojo has been phenomenal in training so far under Ole so he will be staying.
So the old 'clean slate' bullsht we've seen under every manager since SAF that has left us with these wasters? These lot have had WAY too many fresh starts for a 'big club'.

Ekeke

Inconsistency as a CB is probably the worst position to have it as an issue.

It doesnt matter if every 7th game he'll have a really good game against a team just outside the relegation zone. Its only 3 points. The problem is all the 5/10 performances he's putting in between those games

DoomSlayer

So the old 'clean slate' bullsht we've seen under every manager since SAF that has left us with these wasters? These lot have had WAY too many fresh starts for a 'big club'.
In any case, we have to sell at least one CB until the transfer window closes everywhere because we now have 7 of them in the squad. Out of Smalling, Jones and Rojo, I don't care who it would be, just get it done.

Adam-Utd

Inconsistency as a CB is probably the worst position to have it as an issue.

It doesnt matter if every 7th game he'll have a really good game against a team just outside the relegation zone. Its only 3 points. The problem is all the 5/10 performances he's putting in between those games
That's true, but I think that's more down to a lack of a consistent run in the team (due to injury more often than not)

Maybe it'll never come together for him, but I feel he's the defensive Martial. You can see there is big talent in there, it just needs unlocking.

Maybe now if Lindelof/Maguire works out, he might not get that chance.

Ekeke

That's true, but I think that's more down to a lack of a consistent run in the team (due to injury more often than not)

Maybe it'll never come together for him, but I feel he's the defensive Martial. You can see there is big talent in there, it just needs unlocking.

Maybe now if Lindelof/Maguire works out, he might not get that chance.
He reminds me of Mangala. Theres physical talent there, enough to have got a large amount of hype about him and City to spend big money on him but thats all it is.

A physical and aggressive player who doesn't have the other parts needed to harness his physical gifts.

If I'm not mistaken Mangala has this summer had his City contract expire after City paid £41 million for him 5 years ago. He played 57 games for City in that time

Bailly has played 50 games for us in 3 years but with less competition

R'hllor

The way how he twists and turns his legs, how on earth he survived years before joining us.

FerociousCorgis

a perfect time to just let him move on without trying to extend and then not being able to sell like always. Clearly will never be able to stay healthy consistently at this level, and certainly not in this league. With maguire, lindelof, and hopefully tuanz a good 3 choices already. Go back to finding another young talent to bring up and move on from rojo and bailly

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Unless he comes back and he's absolutely brilliant, no. We should get rid of 2 CBs, he and Rojo will do.
I'd rather Jones and Rojo. I feel like Bailly would have more sale value. I want all 3 gone though. Don't mind keeping Smalling around as last resort CB. He's not a bad option off the bench if we're holding onto a lead against a physical team with a big CF.

Ducklegs

Contract up in the summer. Do we renew?
We shouldnt really, but clubs dont work like that, he is an asset still and has “some” sell on value if he is under contract.

If he signs on the sages again for 3 years, and we flog him next summer, we would would have however much we sold him for instead of him going for nothing and we wouldnt be any worse off.

There will be some club that signs him, there always is.

dove

Contract up in the summer. Do we renew?
Worst defender at the club (and it's some achievement seeing the state of some of our defenders), should have been sold some time ago. But yeah, renewal is 100% coming, 5 year contract with increased wages.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully we won't do the same mistake we made with Rojo, we should let him leave on a free. He has been here for 3 years now and hasn't been able to consolidate as a starter, and on top of that he has a really poor injury record.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Mirror says we're renewing his contract. I really hope it's just tabloid bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.