Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

I just don't get why we can't cut the losses. It is so so short sighted.
We could still get some money for him. Perhaps it also has an impact on the accounting books if we just let him go for free rather than recoup something. He should have been sold before he even got injured but that's another matter.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I just don't get why we can't cut the losses. It is so so short sighted.
It might well be flawed thinking, but it's not short sighted. Short sighted is cutting your losses. Looking at the bigger picture is recouping value for him.

Decomposing In Paris

I like him, and I think he's a good option in the squad when fit.

Watching us play our current style with Smalling or Jones at CB might give me palpitations.

Sterling Archer

At his age there will be buyers. Makes sense to renew.
Perhaps my concerns stem from our ability to sell quickly and get decent value back. We've had Darmian on the books for some time with buyers supposedly there. But he is still here, contract renewed, making up the numbers in the squad.

Shinjch

A waste of a squad place. I would cut ties as soon as possible.

Djemba-Djemba

Rojo has started 5 games in the 2 years since we stupidly gave him a new contract.

Would be madness to renew Bailly, he's never going to make it here.

We need to stop holding on the deadwood.

Alabaster Codify7

Shame really because Bailly is actually quite good on the ball compared to our other options (Jones, Rojo, Smalling). But he's just a walking liability.

reddevilchennai

I still have hopes on him. He had a very good first season.
Hope he stays fit and get a run of games along with Maguire. They two will surely look better than Lindelof and Maguire.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I still have hopes on him. He had a very good first season.
Hope he stays fit and get a run of games along with Maguire. They two will surely look better than Lindelof and Maguire.
He's pretty much done at United, wouldn't be surprised if we sold him next summer.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It's a weird one because he did look okay at the start of his tenure but somehow slowly morphed into a huge liability. His last game was gruesome iirc.

Plus the obvious one, we don't need him because we already have 15 CB's.

TsuWave

It's a weird one because he did look okay at the start of his tenure but somehow slowly morphed into a huge liability. His last game was gruesome iirc.

Plus the obvious one, we don't need him because we already have 15 CB's.
he was playing well in his last game and got injured

OleGunnar20

Always thought he was a potentially brilliant defender, who just needed a new brain and working body to reach his full potential.

Shane that he has neither. Also laughably bad in the air.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Choosing which one I'd want on the pitch out of Bailly, Rojo and Jones would be a tough choice. They're all so deeply flawed. Fitness aside, Rojo doesn't seem to know how to not two-foot someone, Bailly is the worst header of the ball I've ever seen from a centre back despite having an incredble leap, and Jones can sometimes be fairly solid but is stupid and reckless more often than not.

If he could stay fit, then Bailly just about shades it for me, but he's still not good enough. He can be impressive when the ball is in the ground, but he'd probably lose an aerial duel to Juan Mata. It's just too big of a weakness for a CB to have IMO.

jackal&hyde

He is good imo but the injuries have drained his confidence and can't get enough game time to get any composure and continuity. He is still young enough to have a chance of making the best of his potential but needs a miracle to do away with his recurring injuries. I'd keep him for another season after this and if he still can't keep fit then let him go. Jones should be the first center back out the door.

Aouer-United

You can't help if someone gets injured and becomes injured/glassman thereafter on repeated occasions. Fergie had Phil Jones. Jose had Bailly. The biggest problem is the that fact United have both.

You forgot to mention that LVG had Rojo, now United still have them on books. :lol::lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

Praying this guy can come back in first season form is highly unlikely but honestly we miss some athleticism in the back line.

For all the calm Maguire attempts to exude we need someone that’ll just clean house when near the ball.

Andersonson

Praying this guy can come back in first season form is highly unlikely but honestly we miss some athleticism in the back line.

For all the calm Maguire attempts to exude we need someone that’ll just clean house when near the ball.
He's way worse than Lindelof. Should be sold alongside Rojo and Jones. Painfully average and horror positioning. And we lose enough headers as it is, and thats is major weakness

AFC NimbleThumb

He's way worse than Lindelof. Should be sold alongside Rojo and Jones. Painfully average and horror positioning. And we lose enough headers as it is, and thats is major weakness
I was being a tad nostalgic; just had flash backs of the missed headers.

Still rate him higher than Lindelof mind, he generally has pace to recover his mistakes whereas Lindelof can merely spectate.

Smalling truly is the best defender on our books [currently] * sigh *

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His defending brain is the issue, positioning often got caught. However, he has attribute to compliment Maguire's weakness. I would like to see him playing next to Maguire.

Raw

Don't need him in all honesty. I'd rather give his minutes to Tuanzebe.

That being said, he seems like a popular lad in the dressing room. If he's okay with a bit-part role then maybe he'd be useful, but like Jones he's constantly injured. So what's the point in having backup you can't rely on?

Red Freak

He looked so promising and exciting in his first days and I have no idea what happened to him. But I think he still has a future if he can stay fit and that's a huge but.

Status
Not open for further replies.