Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
can you read?

I’ve said both need to go. And add in Rojo.

What do you not understand about that?
FFS man, I know you have stated both need to go same goes with what I said, relax what you wrote didn't go unnoticed. Why are you keep mentioning this shit again and again? Don't you get it that what we are talking about is who should leave first, what are you moaning about?

Quote my old comment which ones you are moaning about. If there is a person who needs to be questioned whether you have been reading my comment is you not me.

I’m not arguing that Jones is good enough - but if you gave me a choice between the them both Jones would be the one to keep. Unfortunately we may have to make that choice, as otherwise we don’t have enough cover. Maguire, Lindelof and Tuenzebe is not enough - we need at least 4 CBs, maybe 5.

You should also look at the contract situation, if Bailly is out of contract in the summer - he doesn’t deserve another contract and, it’s the perfect time to get rid. there’s no one that can justify paying him for another 2 years.

The reality is Jones has a longer term contract, and he didn’t deserve his new contract, but that’s the reality of the situation and so Bailly should be gone, followed by Rojo and Jones. Hopefully we can get Smalling back which will expedite the culling of the three amigos.
What has he done to be considered "he has done more" or in same meaning is less shit than Bailly as per you said? Can you answer this?

If there is a player that should leave first for the choice of Bailly or Jones then it's Jones because he had 9 seasons in here and show zero improvement while Bailly only been here for 4 season. 9 season! It's outdated already!

The reality is that who gives a feck about Jones had done little better than Bailly in the past, it's useless if he can't do the same or getting better, while on the other hand Bailly still has chance to improve.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I genuinely forgot that he exists last night.

Someone said we have 6 centre backs and I thought they'd lost their marbles.

FFS man, I know you have stated both need to go same goes with what I said, relax what you wrote didn't go unnoticed. Why are you keep mentioning this shit again and again? Don't you get it that what we are talking about is who should leave first, what are you moaning about?

Quote my old comment which ones you are moaning about. If there is a person who needs to be questioned whether you have been reading my comment is you not me.

What has he done to be considered "he has done more" or in same meaning is less shit than Bailly as per you said? Can you answer this?

If there is a player that should leave first for the choice of Bailly or Jones then it's Jones because he had 9 seasons in here and show zero improvement while Bailly only been here for 4 season. 9 season! It's outdated already!

The reality is that who gives a feck about Jones had done little better than Bailly in the past, it's useless if he can't do the same or getting better, while on the other hand Bailly still has chance to improve.
but jones, even based on current performances is better than Bailly. Bailly is out of Contract in the summer so can be cut loose with no financial ramifications.

so why would we Bailly and have to commit to paying him for 2 more years, when he’s not as good as Jones and has an even worse injury record?

Paul_Scholes18

Him and Jones started so well 2 years ago. We barely conceded any goals and our attacked looked good.
Since then the injuries has really destroyed both of them and Ole doesn't seem to rate Bailly much or know how to use him. Like against PSG he was shocking as a right back or whatever he did play as.

I hope he can comeback and play well for us. Although can't see it under Ole right now. Might need a move back to Spain or Italy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
but jones, even based on current performances is better than Bailly. Bailly is out of Contract in the summer so can be cut loose with no financial ramifications.

so why would we Bailly and have to commit to paying him for 2 more years, when he’s not as good as Jones and has an even worse injury record?
What makes you think he’s better than Bailly? What evidence do you have? I don’t remember a single decent game from Jones last season, at least I do remember that Bailly played very well against Chelsea last season. Why can’t we just call both are just equally bad with one has better chance to make improvement.

Both players have bad injury record, I’m not really sure how there is a definition of “being worse than injury prone”. You are either injury prone or not injury prone, why can’t we just call both are injury prone?

You are clearly trying to push this to suit your argument but unfortunately it’s nonsense. The only difference we can point out between these two are Jones had been here more than twice longer than Bailly which should tell you which player should leave first. There is a thing called TIME IS UP.

Last edited:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Honestly in top form when fit, the few times that has happened he has been a lot more impressive than anything I've seen from Lindelof. He is probably the most talented out of those two, it is just that he is not reliable to play where as Lindelof is. By now I think it's fair enough to say they both aren't good enough and should be moved on along with Jones and Rojo. 4 pretty much useless senior defenders we need to get rid of, it isn't looking too good at the moment but I think we just need to get rid of them all even if they aren't worth any money in the market due to their wages just get rid and start over with some new ones. Lindelof we might keep for backup although he is probably the only one we could get a decent transfer fee from right now since he hasn't been out injured for a while.

What makes you think he’s better than Bailly? What evidence do you have? I don’t remember a single decent game from Jones last season, at least I do remember that Bailly played very well against Chelsea last season. Why can’t we just call both are just equally bad with one has better chance to make improvement.

Both players have bad injury record, I’m not really sure how there is a definition of “being worse than injury prone”. You are either injury prone or not injury prone, why can’t we just call both are injury prone?

You are clearly trying to push this to suit your argument but unfortunately it’s nonsense. The only difference we can point out between these two are Jones had been here more than twice longer than Bailly which should tell you which player should leave first. There is a thing called TIME IS UP.
this is both boring and infuriating.

you think Bailly should stay and be given a new contract - that’s you opinion.

I think he’s been appalling, and needs to be cut loose, and we can do that in the summer, and stop paying him millions of pounds a year. As a side point Jones should also be sold, but the reality is that it will cost is money to get rid of him, and we do need some warm bodies, so unless we sign two CBs in the summer, he should stay.

just leave it there - we have a difference of opinion, move on.

Jibbs

Can we somehow ship the guy back to Villareal and get Pau Torres from them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
this is both boring and infuriating.

you think Bailly should stay and be given a new contract - that’s you opinion.

I think he’s been appalling, and needs to be cut loose, and we can do that in the summer, and stop paying him millions of pounds a year. As a side point Jones should also be sold, but the reality is that it will cost is money to get rid of him, and we do need some warm bodies, so unless we sign two CBs in the summer, he should stay.

just leave it there - we have a difference of opinion, move on.
No I never say that. You are just making it up there. Read the post again, it’s not difficult.

No I never say that. You are just making it up there. Read the post again, it’s not difficult.
Are you being really pedantic?

are you advocating the club to activate his two year extension? If so that a huge pile of money we are throwing at him.

if we don’t extend, then that’s him gone in the summer. What do you think we should be doing with his contract?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Him and Jones started so well 2 years ago. We barely conceded any goals and our attacked looked good.
Since then the injuries has really destroyed both of them and Ole doesn't seem to rate Bailly much or know how to use him. Like against PSG he was shocking as a right back or whatever he did play as.

I hope he can comeback and play well for us. Although can't see it under Ole right now. Might need a move back to Spain or Italy.
Has Bailly been fit for any length of time under Ole's management?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are you being really pedantic?

are you advocating the club to activate his two year extension? If so that a huge pile of money we are throwing at him.

if we don’t extend, then that’s him gone in the summer. What do you think we should be doing with his contract?
What are you blaberring about with contract. Let me remind you!

You mentioned that Baillly should leave first before Jones because you think Jones is better player than Bailly and Jones is less injury prone than him. And now you are changing the topic to contract.

I asked you three questions, you couldn’t answer them! What makes you think Jones is the better player, what evidence do you have? Why can’t we say both of them are equally bad? Why can’t we say both of them are injury prone? Answer these and you will get the conclusion of everything here.

Let me get this through you. We will trigger the contract extension, no club will buy him in the summer because they know they can get him for free next following season or even cheaper and guess what, the club will give him a new contract again. That’s the cycle that the club had done previously.

OleGunnar20

Honestly in top form when fit, the few times that has happened he has been a lot more impressive than anything I've seen from Lindelof. He is probably the most talented out of those two, it is just that he is not reliable to play where as Lindelof is. By now I think it's fair enough to say they both aren't good enough and should be moved on along with Jones and Rojo. 4 pretty much useless senior defenders we need to get rid of, it isn't looking too good at the moment but I think we just need to get rid of them all even if they aren't worth any money in the market due to their wages just get rid and start over with some new ones. Lindelof we might keep for backup although he is probably the only one we could get a decent transfer fee from right now since he hasn't been out injured for a while.
Agreed with all of that really.

If Bailly was able to stay fit, and underwent some sort of boot camp in heading the fecking ball (I'm talking the whole summer, just him vs a Nikola Zigic, Nemanja Vidic & Kevin Nolan strike team), I reckon he'd make a solid top-4 CB.

In so many ways he's the anti Lindelof, which is why I can't help but love him while generally disliking Victor (as a player, I'm sure he's very nice). While Bailly's proactive to the point of positional suicide, Lindelof is so passive he might aswell be a neutral third team of his own. Little Switzerland in the middle of our defence.

Shame it hasn't worked out really. But ayye, in reality I think all of them bar Maguire, Tuanzebe & Smalling need to be moved on. Get someone like Konate or Milenkovic next to Maguire and I reckon we'll be on our way.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Read his contract is up end of the season, you must have a years option on that (same with Pogba).

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
One of the absolute worst signings over the last 30 years IMO. Permanently injured and on the odd occasion he is fit and playing, a complete and utter liability.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Shame it hasn't worked out really. But ayye, in reality I think all of them bar Maguire, Tuanzebe & Smalling need to be moved on. Get someone like Konate or Milenkovic next to Maguire and I reckon we'll be on our way.
Yes. We only need 4 CB's if they aren't out injured all the time. Tuanzebe, Smalling, Maguire and another reliable top class CB should be more than fine in this current climate of CB's. Just clean it all up as quickly as possible. Let's just say we sell Lindelof for 32m, Jones for 5m, Bailly 12m, Rojo 11m. 60m to spend on one class CB, bring back Smalling and we're covered, and keeping a low net spend will allow us to spend more money elsewhere.

led_scholes

I had so many high hopes for him. For a while he was immense, but then..

Cleverley/Anderson, Rojo/Bailly were the best 3 games partnerships in united, shame they couldn't not recreate their momentum.

OleGunnar20

Yes. We only need 4 CB's if they aren't out injured all the time. Tuanzebe, Smalling, Maguire and another reliable top class CB should be more than fine in this current climate of CB's. Just clean it all up as quickly as possible. Let's just say we sell Lindelof for 32m, Jones for 5m, Bailly 12m, Rojo 11m. 60m to spend on one class CB, bring back Smalling and we're covered, and keeping a low net spend will allow us to spend more money elsewhere.
Yep! Keep a promising youngster / versatile senior ala O'Shea around as 5th placed cover and we should be golden.

Quality not quantity, that's what this club needs going forward.

What are you blaberring about with contract. Let me remind you!

You mentioned that Baillly should leave first before Jones because you think Jones is better player than Bailly and Jones is less injury prone than him. And now you are changing the topic to contract.

I asked you three questions, you couldn’t answer them! What makes you think Jones is the better player, what evidence do you have? Why can’t we say both of them are equally bad? Why can’t we say both of them are injury prone? Answer these and you will get the conclusion of everything here.

Let me get this through you. We will trigger the contract extension, no club will buy him in the summer because they know they can get him for free next following season or even cheaper and guess what, the club will give him a new contract again. That’s the cycle that the club had done previously.
You are the one who is difficult to follow? Of course the contract situation is important.

Evidence, don’t make me laugh! Use your eyes. If you are one of those people who go off and trawl you tube clips, or go on various sites to find out players complete 0.12 of a tackle more a game than others, then crack on. I use my eyes, and don’t have either the time or inclination to partake in such activity. It’s called having an opinion.

we can cut ties with Bailly this summer and get rid of him, rather than pay his wages for two more years. We should have done this with more players, it we can’t undo the past.

I’m looking at the whole picture, not in isolation like you are.

you seem to be blinded by your support for Bailly. I’ve said on numerous occasions, that ideally I’d like both to be gone - add in Rojo as well, who I have mentioned before. All three need to go, and we need new players in.

However, the reality of the situation is that it’s going to be difficult to sell any of them, because:

1. They are all crap
  2. All injury prone
  3. On high wages, that will put off most clubs. Clearly none of the three amigos are going to a top club, and smaller clubs can’t afford their wages
Therefore, given the entirety of the situation. We can get rid of Bailly at no cost to United by not extending his contract. Ergo, he should be first out the door, followed by Rojo, followed by Jones.

you might be able to get a good few for Lindelof, but he’s the only one that stays fit.He shouldn't be a a first team CB, but we are in a far from perfect position, and he needs to be kept.

we won’t get a fee for either Bailly or Jones. Rojo seems to have a slightly better reputation, so we might get something for him, but it is more likely we will have to loan him out until his contract expires. If we are lucky we might find clubs who pay all his wages on loan rather that just a proportion.

do to the three total liabilities we have at centre back (Bailly, Rojo and Jones), we’ve lent out Smalling and likely he won’t want to come back now, and will be sold to Roma for £10-15m.

it’s a sorry situation, that’s going to continue to cost us a lot of money.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
you might be able to get a good few for Lindelof, but he’s the only one that stays fit.He shouldn't be a a first team CB, but we are in a far from perfect position, and he needs to be kept.

we won’t get a fee for either Bailly or Jones. Rojo seems to have a slightly better reputation, so we might get something for him, but it is more likely we will have to loan him out until his contract expires. If we are lucky we might find clubs who pay all his wages on loan rather that just a proportion.

do to the three total liabilities we have at centre back (Bailly, Rojo and Jones), we’ve lent out Smalling and likely he won’t want to come back now, and will be sold to Roma for £10-15m.

it’s a sorry situation, that’s going to continue to cost us a lot of money.
Yeah. It is just super unnecessary. Smalling have been screaming out for a good CB partner for years since Blind and instead he is the one who get replaced and we're at the same point we were before buying Maguire. We should just do what I proposed, it really isn't too late. Even if we don't get 60m for our 4 defenders we might get 30, which is a big loss for what be paid but a loss we're going to have to take either way, and use what little we get to improve us. Might as well take that loss immediately and try again now instead of waiting around for more cracks to just paper over later. We've got so many issues that new ones will happen if we don't resolve them quickly, it gets blurred out. Example is, I guess it was fine giving Shaw a contract to see if he could sustain form and develop under Ole, but now that he hasn't we have to be absolutely ruthless. Ah feck. It's not going to happen is it. Because we also gave contract to Jones, Lingard, Mata, Young etc. Other things to fix first... that should have been fixed a couple of years ago at least.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Bailly was better in his first season (although even that was mostly just his first three or so months) but Jones has been comfortably better in the last two seasons. He was actually our best central defender in the first half of 17/18 (and second best over the season as a whole), and last season he was mostly decent outside of a few shockers. Not exactly high praise, but when compared to how bad Bailly was (both Mourinho and Ole quickly dropped him after a couple of games because of how terrible he was) he actually looked good. Every season Bailly has been getting worse and worse.

When you make Jones look like the reliable and consistent option you know something is seriously wrong.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You are the one who is difficult to follow? Of course the contract situation is important.

Evidence, don’t make me laugh! Use your eyes. If you are one of those people who go off and trawl you tube clips, or go on various sites to find out players complete 0.12 of a tackle more a game than others, then crack on. I use my eyes, and don’t have either the time or inclination to partake in such activity. It’s called having an opinion.

we can cut ties with Bailly this summer and get rid of him, rather than pay his wages for two more years. We should have done this with more players, it we can’t undo the past.

I’m looking at the whole picture, not in isolation like you are.

you seem to be blinded by your support for Bailly. I’ve said on numerous occasions, that ideally I’d like both to be gone - add in Rojo as well, who I have mentioned before. All three need to go, and we need new players in.

However, the reality of the situation is that it’s going to be difficult to sell any of them, because:

1. They are all crap
  2. All injury prone
  3. On high wages, that will put off most clubs. Clearly none of the three amigos are going to a top club, and smaller clubs can’t afford their wages
Therefore, given the entirety of the situation. We can get rid of Bailly at no cost to United by not extending his contract. Ergo, he should be first out the door, followed by Rojo, followed by Jones.
I’m the one who difficult to follow? Don’t make me laugh. Let me remind you!

I’m not the one who said Bailly is currently better player, I’m not the one who said Bailly is less injury prone. In fact I said both are equally bad and both are equally injury prone. So what‘s your problem with those statement?

You are the one who said Jones is the better defender at the moment and you are the one who said Jones is a less injury, so obviously I have problem with your statement thus why I asked you questions but you couldn‘t give good evidence to backup your answer.

All I saw with my eyes last season is that Jones did nothing decent, give me three good games last season that he had as your evidence to back up your statement but you can’t name them and just talking BS to suit your argument. I can name you one good game from Bailly against Chelsea at home last season, so how is this based on YouTube?

I already told you that no one is going to sign Bailly in the summer with only one year left in his contract, every club will wait in 2021 when he’s available free. No one pay the money on Eriksen & Alexis with exactly one year left, what makes you think that a club will try to sign Bailly in the summer if they can get him for free or cheaper in 2021?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bailly was better in his first season (although even that was mostly just his first three or so months) but Jones has been comfortably better in the last two seasons. He was actually our best central defender in the first half of 17/18 (and second best over the season as a whole), and last season he was mostly decent outside of a few shockers. Not exactly high praise, but when compared to how bad Bailly was (both Mourinho and Ole quickly dropped him after a couple of games because of how terrible he was) he actually looked good. Every season Bailly has been getting worse and worse.

When you make Jones look like the reliable and consistent option you know something is seriously wrong.
Don’t you realise that Jones is also getting worse and worse? Being better in 17/18 is not going to make him better now! It’s outdated 2 seasons ago! I can name you a good game that Bailly had last season against Chelsea. But I can’t think two or three good game from Jones last season to make Jones looks like the more reliable one here. Can you?

Haven’t you realised that Ole decided not to put him in his starting XI anymore even against Wolves in FA cup and in Europa League ever since his shocking game against Sheffield? This is a sign when a manager already fed up with him. The only reason he played against City because we had no one else to put in our XI.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Don’t you realise that Jones is also getting worse and worse? Being better in 17/18 is not going to make him better now! It’s outdated 2 seasons ago! I can name you a good game that Bailly had last season against Chelsea. But I can’t think two or three good game from Jones last season to make Jones looks like the more reliable one here. Can you?

Haven’t you realised that Ole decided not to put him in his starting XI anymore even against Wolves in FA cup and in Europa League ever since his shocking game against Sheffield? This is a sign when a manager already fed up with him. The only reason he played against City because we had no one else to put in our XI.
Absolutely. Jones was fairly good in 17/18 (IMO it was probably the best season of his career). Mostly decent in 18/19. And fairly poor in the games he's had this season.

But going 7/10 to 5/10 to 3/10 is still better than 4/10 to 2/10 to however Bailly goes this season. That's basically the situation we are in. Jones certainly isn't good enough and I've wanted him sold for years, but Bailly has been even worse. Picking one good game certainly doesn't change that.

It's similar to comparing Pereira and Lingard this season. Pereira ultimately isn't good enough but there's no doubt he's been better than Lingard, so it doesn't make sense to pretend they've been equally bad when they haven't.

I’m the one who difficult to follow? Don’t make me laugh. Let me remind you!

I’m not the one who said Bailly is currently better player, I’m not the one who said Bailly is less injury prone. In fact I said both are equally bad and both are equally injury prone. So what‘s your problem with those statement?

You are the one who said Jones is the better defender at the moment and you are the one who said Jones is a less injury, so obviously I have problem with your statement thus why I asked you questions but you couldn‘t give good evidence to backup your answer.

All I saw with my eyes last season is that Jones did nothing decent, give me three good games last season that he had as your evidence to back up your statement but you can’t name them and just talking BS to suit your argument. I can name you one good game from Bailly against Chelsea at home last season, so how is this based on YouTube?

I already told you that no one is going to sign Bailly in the summer with only one year left in his contract, every club will wait in 2021 when he’s available free. No one pay the money on Eriksen & Alexis with exactly one year left, what makes you think that a club will try to sign Bailly in the summer if they can get him for free or cheaper in 2021?
I’m sure I said this was boring a couple of days ago, and I tried to end it there. My bad in letting it carry on. This is now futile, boring and a waste of everyone’s time - including yours, but especially mine. Let’s stop. I’m not replying to you again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m sure I said this was boring a couple of days ago, and I tried to end it there. My bad in letting it carry on. This is now futile, boring and a waste of everyone’s time - including yours, but especially mine. Let’s stop. I’m not replying to you again.
If you answer the damn question, it wouldn’t be boring. Unfortunately you have no answer to my questions because you were talking BS. You refused to make progress in our discussion by avoiding my questions and keep mentioning the same thing again and again. We are all know who’s making this boring.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Absolutely. Jones was fairly good in 17/18 (IMO it was probably the best season of his career). Mostly decent in 18/19. And fairly poor in the games he's had this season.

But going 7/10 to 5/10 to 3/10 is still better than 4/10 to 2/10 to however Bailly goes this season. That's basically the situation we are in. Jones certainly isn't good enough and I've wanted him sold for years, but Bailly has been even worse. Picking one good game certainly doesn't change that.

It's similar to comparing Pereira and Lingard this season. Pereira ultimately isn't good enough but there's no doubt he's been better than Lingard, so it doesn't make sense to pretend they've been equally bad when they haven't.
Not sure how is that “‘still better‘’. 3/10 or 2/10 is just equally bad, there is no such a thing called who’s better with that value of rating, You are either good or bad.

I asked you to name 2 to 3 good games from Jones last season and you couldn’t list them but only made unexplained statement “mostly decent in 18/19”.

Status
Not open for further replies.