Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s terrible, and that half an hour in Paris is the worst defensive performance I’ve ever seen at United.

DoomSlayer

He’s terrible, and that half an hour in Paris is the worst defensive performance I’ve ever seen at United.
I think the injuries have unfortunately ruined him. Had a lot of potential but has only played 120 top flight professional games and is 25 years old already.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was played out of position.
I agree, ‘on a football pitch’. He played as if he was stoned and didn’t understand any basic principles of defending.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think the injuries have unfortunately ruined him. Had a lot of potential but has only played 120 top flight professional games and is 25 years old already.
That is largely true, but his mitigation is of little use to us. He can use it to make himself feel better as to why he isn’t at the level he’d have liked, but from our perspective, he just isn’t at the level.

I agree he had potential. He had many things going for him, although he should have probably stayed in La Liga I reckon, he’d have been better there than the PL. While he is strong, from the first day, he never really had the build of a PL centre half to me. And he’s as bad as anyone I’ve see in the air. He has no confidence in his ability to win an header, and is more likely to try and fly-kick a ball that he should be heading out. He’s very good and composed on the ball though, but I just don’t think he’s a calming presence in a position that requires it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I agree, ‘on a football pitch’. He played as if he was stoned and didn’t understand any basic principles of defending.
He was completely lost on his positioning, but I do agree he was terrible.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He’s very good and composed on the ball though, but I just don’t think he’s a calming presence in a position that requires it.
He isn’t composed on the ball either. He’s regularly booted balls all over the place under no pressure at all. He’s booted balls 40 yards backwards to concede corners under no pressure. To which we’ve then conceded from because he’s also completely useless at defending corners. Just last month for the u23s he did his absolute best to gift a goal, again under practically no pressure on the ball.

There is nothing about him that is composed.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He isn’t composed on the ball either. He’s regularly booted balls all over the place under no pressure at all. He’s booted balls 40 yards backwards to concede corners under no pressure. To which we’ve then conceded from because he’s also completely useless at defending corners. Just last month for the u23s he did his absolute best to gift a goal, again under practically no pressure on the ball.

There is nothing about him that is composed.
I’m aware of all of those incidents. He probably receives the ball 30 times a game as a centre half. He is good with the ball, whether he has a rush of blood that time at Brighton or that one Thursday in Kazakhstan. He’s regularly taken it down under pressure, skipped around his striker when he could have just smashed it out etc in a way that none of our other defenders except perhaps Maguire can do.

His issues are more brainlessness, like him kicking the ball back 40 yards to concede a corner, as opposed to it being because he can’t control it or turn with it, because he shows many times a game that he can. He just appears to have no brain and his teammates can’t tell what he’s going to do next, which is the last thing you want from a centre half. He should be shipped out this summer for anything over £15m if you ask me.

Irrational.

Can't help but think there's a player in there somewhere - watching his 2016 performances I remember how assured he seemed. He was a top talent who I was convinced could become a mainstay in the team.

Really hope he manages to turn it around but I can't see it unfortunately.

DocRockter

Add the previous season in Villarreal to that but those times might be long gone when he comes back. His style with bang up ligaments.....

bondsname

Can't help but think there's a player in there somewhere - watching his 2016 performances I remember how assured he seemed. He was a top talent who I was convinced could become a mainstay in the team.

Really hope he manages to turn it around but I can't see it unfortunately.
Really want this guy to succeed. I miss his aggression and not give a feck attitude on the pitch.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
"protect his value". Another 2 years of doing Rojo & Jones. Can I borrow any balaclava, please?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I raise you a Gary Neville vs West Brom. He basically retired during half time.
Because he was 35. If Bailly was 35, the same questions would have been raised that night in Paris!

Based Adnan

Hope I'm wrong but reckon it'll be a disaster. He's not very good and probably on par with Jones.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hope I'm wrong but reckon it'll be a disaster. He's not very good and probably on par with Jones.
I think he's good, just never gets the chance to show it. Jones is injured a lot, but at least we know he's not good enough when he's fit.

Stadjer

Im sure he will do something funny during the match... i guess that can be a good thing? As long as it doesnt cost a goal though....

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Don't forget, United's defensive stats somewhere around 2016-2017 were really good, one of the best in Europe, and Bailly was a starter then. In fact, him and Rojo were quite a good duo.

Ekeke

Don't forget, United's defensive stats somewhere around 2016-2017 were really good, one of the best in Europe, and Bailly was a starter then. In fact, him and Rojo were quite a good duo.
Jones was also good that season. Things have changed

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hasn't played all season...I know, put him in away at Chelsea.
Lovely.

Baxter

Offside is offside, but perhaps a bit lucky after he lost Giroud. Apart from that, absolutely top class. His recovery pace could be brilliant for Maguire.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bar the first 3 minutes he was fantastic. considering how long he’s been out he really impressed me.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
This guy terrifies me.

He can pull off the most amazing of goal stopping tackles but will fall asleep at unexplainable moments.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I been saying for a long time that once Bailly is back we need to drop Lindelof because Maguire needs a strong partner who is physical, a defender who jumps both defensively and offensively whilst covering the spaces that maguire takes up.

I really hope now Lindelof doesn't come in as long as Bailly maintains some good form.

This is why Smalling shouldn't have been sold.

Zonal marking was not the problem, it was because Lindelof was never jumping at anything or anyone in defence or attack so maguire was doing everything himself.

Well done Bailly.

Was not surprised whatsoever that Maguire scored a headed goal soon as he got a physical defensive partner next to him who can make the work harder for the opposition than Lindelof.

TsuWave

Kind of crazy to throw him in a game like this after being off for so long, had some mistakes but a good performance overall

Status
Not open for further replies.