Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simmee

Tried to give them a goal three times and then decided nah feck it, I'll save the clean sheet.

Bobski

His front foot agression stops attacks at source. That is something we lack with Lindelof, and in this system with 2 mobile types flanking Maguire we look more secure. He will still have his moments of madness but there is potential in that 3.

Utdstar01

Thought he was surprisingly excellent. Him and Maguire actually look more solid than Maguire and Lindelof. Again. Still early days.

RUCK4444

I been saying for a long time that once Bailly is back we need to drop Lindelof because Maguire needs a strong partner who is physical, a defender who jumps both defensively and offensively whilst covering the spaces that maguire takes up.

I really hope now Lindelof doesn't come in as long as Bailly maintains some good form.

This is why Smalling shouldn't have been sold.

Zonal marking was not the problem, it was because Lindelof was never jumping at anything or anyone in defence or attack so maguire was doing everything himself.

Well done Bailly.
Agree. Smalling should have been his partner.

Chris is better in the air than Bailly as well. I think playing next to Maguire would have improved him a lot also.

dove

Typical Bailly performance. Some good last ditch tackles, some brainfart moments giving the ball away and losing your man and some decent defending. Should be sold in the summer.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
That turn in the box is Baily in a nutshell.

Great performance tonight.
If he keeps fit and keeps his head he could comfortably be Maguire's partner.

RedDevilRoshi

A few heart in the mouth moments but overall I thought he was absolutely excellent tonight!

A-man

Great comeback after being away so long time. Some terrific moments and at the same time involved in most of Chelsea’s chances.

TsuWave

This guy terrifies me.

He can pull off the most amazing of goal stopping tackles but will fall asleep at unexplainable moments.
He has the tools to be a good CB. If he wasn’t injured so often/for so long, I feel like he would have progressed in regard to polishing those concentration lapses, but alas, I hope he kicks on now.

Footyislife

He's Vidic, Maguire is Ferdinand, and Lindelof is Evans. But he's gotten hurt way too often to build up to that level. Hope he stays healthy. We've had such bad luck with young star CB getting hurt, stalling their development (Jones, Smalling, now Bailly)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Showed great composure on one occasion and it was brilliant to see such confidence and bravery again at CB. There's a few things that need ironing out which could quite easily be rectified on the training ground. But on form he's comfortably better than Lindelof imo but needs to be consistent.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He didn't win 100% of his aerial duels, unless Statman Dave isn't counting the two that he mistimed and jumped underneath in textbook Bailly fashion. He is so shit in the air, it is hilarious.

Had a 2 or 3 brainfarts where he lost the ball in his own half and had us scrambling back towards our own goal in very avoidable circumstances.

Did a stepover in his own penalty area.

Classic Bailly.

el3mel

That was the old Bailly, the Bailly of his first season here. Hopefully he can discover his mojo again. His pace will be perfect to side with Maguire, better than Lindelof.

Kag

Never worth relying on in a million years but he’s probably the most suitable partner for Maguire that we have. He’s got the pace to complement Maguire’s lack of it; Maguire’s got the head to complement Bailly’s lack of one.

Alas, on to the next injury.

Kostov

Jeez that turn in the box gave me a fecking heart attack, and surprisingly won most of his headers. Couple of brain farts but with a consistent game time he will improve, which will not happen as he looked like limping off at the end.

He didn't win 100% of his aerial duels, unless Statman Dave isn't counting the two that he mistimed and jumped underneath in textbook Bailly fashion. He is so shit in the air, it is hilarious.

Had a 2 or 3 brainfarts where he lost the ball in his own half and had us scrambling back towards our own goal in very avoidable circumstances.

Did a stepover in his own penalty area.

Classic Bailly.
And aside from all that, he really was tremendous.

So yeah, the most Bailly performance ever. Even included a limp at the end according to Kostov.

Stadjer

He started off a bit rusty and i was preparing for the worst but he improved. That last ditch block tackle on Kovacic was awesome.

If he could cut out the 'brain farts' and stop being injured all the time he could become a really good defender. However he always is injured and wont be able to get the experience required to stop the brainfarts.

He is a better and way more atheltic Phil Jones... still Bailly is awesome when has a good game. Actually a defender who is enjoyable to watch.

Classical Mechanic

From the ridiculous to the sublime. He went for one header completely uncontested and ended up losing the header with himself and the ball going in behind him but pulled off some amazing plays too.

arthurka

I hate him and I love him at the same time! Absolutely batshit crazy!
Can't really say what my opinion is of him tonight.. He is what I would like to have as a CF or a creative player not our last man..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Faster, stronger, more agile and more aggressive than Lindelof. Far better suited as a partner to Maguire than Lindelof is. First game in ages, but hopefully he stays fit as he should be the starter based on this.

RedIan

Had a very shakey first 15 minutes. But once he settled he had moments of brilliance and did well - But always looks capable of a mistake. Hope he makes it, i used to think he was our best centre half at one time.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Miles better than Lindelof. He actually tries to defend as opposed to hiding all game.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Baffling player. Worst and best defender on the pitch.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was waiting for him to have his bizzare poor moment but thankfully it never came.
He was really good today, let’s hope he can stay fit and build on this performance.

Silas

He has the tools to be a good CB. If he wasn’t injured so often/for so long, I feel like he would have progressed in regard to polishing those concentration lapses, but alas, I hope he kicks on now.
Yeah it's a shame really. Could be a lot further along in his development by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.