Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maticmaker

Best, worst and craziest moments all from Eric in one match, but he looks to be getting back to the defender we all love to watch!

Mr Smith

Really successful return to the team. Got stuck in, made some brilliant last ditch challenges, and there was that incredible bit of composure in the box, as mad as it was. He may yet make it here...

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He has better dribbling than Daniel James, although he only uses it in our own penalty area.
fecking lunatic this man is. A freakishly athletic, erratic and absurdly entertaining lunatic.
Please don't injure yourself again and don't kill anyone on the pitch by accident.
Surprised it wasn't Bailly that kicked that guys balls
Really good player. Also a really bad player. Sometimes both within the same minute.
Guy is clearly a talented footballer. And not a bad defender. But his muscles are made of chalk.
It's like watching the defensive version of Nani. Certainly never boring.
Bailly is a human vicious circle.

He has moments of class surrounded by moments of chaos and amateur mistakes. The way that a player irons those creases out of his game is by playing regularly, and Eric is made of glass so he can't play regularly. The cycle continues!

If he was better in the air (and obviously, not mental) he'd be the perfect partner for Maguire, sadly.
:lol:

Funniest player performance thread ever.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
When he takes his own kid out.

Walters_19_MuFc

Started off a bit shakey, which I guess was to be expected, following his long term injury. Felt he was fantastic as he grew into the game. His block following Kovacic's shot was class. Fantastically timed.

Good to have him back. With him back and Tuanzebe nearing return, we have good options at the back.

Craig Ward

Typical of a modern Manchester United defender - he petrifies me.

Always looks likely to make an error which results in a goal.

He needs more game time and to stay injury free. Athletically, he's a cut above anything we have. Its keeping him in the team thats the issue.

Hambley

The guy had a good match, although he probably will be out in 2-3 matches due to another injury. This is a circle you know.

SSSSnake

He reminds me of Rio at times. Rio loved to showboat. Anyways good come back and let’s hope he can partner Maguire instead as they are better suited.

drdoityourself

So fun to watch. Always a mistake in him but do feel a long run in the side would massively decrease that. He has all the skills to be a perfect partner to Maguire. If (a big if) he stays fit he should be given a chance to develop that partnership.

El Zoido

It was nice to see him winning headers in the middle of the park. Those long balls that Lindelof struggles to deal with, Bailly was dominating them.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Please Gods, keep him fit from now on. We have kept our faith through your temptations now let Eric deliver us to the Champions League places from midtable.

romufc

I hope he stays fit, he can really be the perfect partner to Maguire. He has strength, power, pace, composure and is a good defender.
Looks like he does a better job holding of players for Maguire to make a run in the opposition penalty area too.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
As others have already said, at times he looked amazing. I really hope he can stay fit and I think he and Maguire could be a pretty amazing partnership. Very different players so could work well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His role in Maguire’s goal seems to have received a lack of recognition on here. Credit must go to Ole too. It seems whenever we go away on these breaks we can see evidence of things that have been worked on. We had been blunt at set-pieces, but that was clearly a new tactic we’ve worked on, and it was effective.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Was different class last night! We need him to stay fit and partner Maguire!

Alabaster Codify7

Maguire may be a giant bloke but he's not the most physical or aggressive - in fact, he's probably more 'Beauty' (Rio) than 'The Beast' (Vidic/Stam). I've been saying all season, Lindelöf cannot be the long-term partner for Harry because he's way too passive and feeble. Maguire + a physical, aggressive, front-foot CB is what is needed. Bailly ticks all of those boxes but obviously, he's batshit mental and prone to too many errors.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Add the previous season in Villarreal to that but those times might be long gone when he comes back. His style with bang up ligaments.....
There’s simply no reason for that to be true. AWB is explosive, commits to reaching tackles and generally throws momentum at everything.

You can mitigate against stuff like this. Other sports do it enough.

eire-red

Bailly is an enigma. Never seen a player who can switch from Beckenbauer to Bramble in the space of a minute.

If you could coach the erratic and rash aspects out of his game, and teach him how and when to use his physicality, then he could be a really good player. Major question marks about his fitness and mentality though.

Nevertheless, impressive display considering how long he was injured. If he can stay fit and in form could be a real asset for the final push this season.

Devil may care

Given he hasn't played for ages I thought he had a good game last night, clearly well liked by the squad as well.

SweetRightFoot

Huuuuge game for the lad, still only 25. There's hope for him yet (if he stays fit).

Maguire may be a giant bloke but he's not the most physical or aggressive - in fact, he's probably more 'Beauty' (Rio) than 'The Beast' (Vidic/Stam). I've been saying all season, Lindelöf cannot be the long-term partner for Harry because he's way too passive and feeble. Maguire + a physical, aggressive, front-foot CB is what is needed. Bailly ticks all of those boxes but obviously, he's batshit mental and prone to too many errors.
Not sure I've ever disagreed with a post more. Bailly is a good foil for Maguire but in the exact opposite way, with Harry stepping forward, winning headers, making big challenges outside the box, while Bailly covers him with his pace and last ditch challenges. You even qualify your statement by saying Bailly isn't intelligent enough to break up those plays...

Last edited:

Theo88

:lol:

Funniest player performance thread ever.
Theres never a dull moment with him on the pitch realistically speaking.

I'm surprised nobody tried him at a dm position before. Maybe force feed him some valium and start the guy every game?

tjb

He could still be very good for us. Its his injuries that give me concern. What I will say is that he has improved his heading drastically. He was almost as bad as Lindelof last season with his headers. If he keeps up improving that side of his game, he very well may be McGuires long term partner.

LoneStar

That last ditch tackle was absolutely crazy. It was like watching a glitch on Fifa

Irrational.

He did well, to be fair, better than anyone could've expected considering how long he's been out.

But let's put it in context, he played most of the game against a striker, boo'd off by his home support.

And he'll probably rupture his anus or something in the next game and be out for 368 months.

Overall I do like him, he's like Vidic, if Vidic dropped a tonne of acid half an hour before kick off.
Most apt description ever. :lol:

Andersons Dietician

This is one stupid stupid post.

Last night was much more 80% quality, 15% wow, 5% shittest defener on Earth.

I wasted my 10,000 post on this :annoyed:
Yeah because people can’t even see humour and hyperbole when it smacks them in the face. You deserved to waste it on that post if you couldn’t figure that out for yourself.

Damn it, can’t believe I just wasted my 9,663 rd post on this :annoyed:

On a more serious note he wasn’t very good, he was actually back to his usual self of chasing shadows and things he shouldn’t be chasing.Getting all out of shape, not to mention trying his best to give Chelsea an assist in the first half.

Throwing in the odd moment of brilliance can’t plaster over the fact that generally his positioning throughout was terrible.

Last edited:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
With he and AWB, the right side of our defence was likely a WWE does slip n slide. Mental bastards. Gotta love him, but I will also never not think he's about three seconds away from costing us a goal.

TsuWave

Gotta love him, but I will also never not think he's about three seconds away from costing us a goal.
I don’t think Bailly is prone to errors any more than any of our other defenders. His mistakes just get amplified like crazy on this forum. I see Lindelof and Maguire doing dumb shit that lead to goals week in week out.

Caesar2290

This guy reminds me of a younger and crazier Jones.

Is out injured for God knows how long, comes back like nothing happened and puts in a 10/10 performance. Has a brainfart the next match and then gets injured a couple of matches later. Rinse and repeat.

90 + 5min

Brilliant pair. With Maguire as a leader and more stay at home defender Bailly was the one attacked their offensive players. Take out first 5 minutes and he was brilliant. I hope he keeps his place because of similarity between Lindelof and Maguire.

On other hand Bailly is well... Bailly.

Status
Not open for further replies.