Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fosu-Mens

Same as always. World class, or close to, when he has his day. Let us hope he continues with having his day, and not fall back to more than 1 mistake per game. Can look like VVD 2.0 for 70 minutes then have two brainf*rts the next 20 minutes.

POF

He's been fantastic since getting back from injury.

Credit to Ole. He gets a lot of flak for his "lack of coaching" but there are a number of United players playing better under him than they did previously.

Silas

Really happy he's stringing some games together now. Feel like that one game against PSG (where he was just returning from injury) really tainted a lot of people's opinions on him.

DCP

Really happy he's stringing some games together now. Feel like that one game against PSG (where he was just returning from injury) really tainted a lot of people's opinions on him.
Is this the one where he was played right back?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think it was also down to playing in a back 3.

From memory, he seems to historically struggle with this. I mean it could even be down to being injured when the players brushed up on the shape initially, but it comes across as a weakness.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He outpaced Aubameyang and has made many quick wingers look like fools tryibg to outsprint him. It was Smalling who matched Vardy a couple of seasons ago and easily outpaced Willian.

bailly looks good at the moment. If he can only remain fit, he and Maguire should be our preferred choice at the back.
Bailly had Vardy in his pocket many a time. Remember he also did a job on Cristiano at RB in his first season for Villareal.

Shark

@NotShark
He’s always been a top notch defender, someone who truly loves defending too
which I love to see in a CB. If he stays fit there’s no reason why he shouldn’t seriously challenge Lindelof.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah for some odd reason people only go by that game when he has shown how good he can be in plenty of other games.

As always, by the far the most talent and ability of any of our defenders, but you know a wild lunge or an injury is hiding around every corner.

Alabaster Codify7

I love him but have no faith his ability to stay fit and free of game-changing mistakes. I much prefer him to Jones and Lindelof, though, he's very under-rated on the ball too.

arthurka

He's been fantastic since getting back from injury.

Credit to Ole. He gets a lot of flak for his "lack of coaching" but there are a number of United players playing better under him than they did previously.
Hussshhh no one want´s to hear something positive about Ole...

DoomSlayer

Bailly has very unique qualities, I only have a problem with his positioning for aerial balls and his fitness issues.

Really hope all is behind him and he can get some proper match rhythm, we need the squad to be strong and competition for places makes everyone much sharper.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yeah for some odd reason people only go by that game when he has shown how good he can be in plenty of other games.
Bailly has definitely shown he can be brilliant in many games. However he has also shown he can be extremely shaky in many games. That's always been his big issue (along with the injuries) - his performances have been all over the place which is a particularly bad aspect for a defender.

If he can minimise his poor moments he can definitely cement himself next to Maguire, but it's going to take more than a few games to say that he's got to that stage yet. Fingers crossed though.

He still ducks when he jumps.
He doesn't duck to avoid the ball though. I think it's because he is overeager, his whole play can be a bit like that. He has a great leap on him but he always goes up very early which means he often misjudges it, usually he has to move his head down to where he thinks it's going, sometimes he sails straight under it.

I'm confident with half a season of constant games he will cut the psychotic episodes out and calm down a bit, and then he will be the top class defender he has the potential to be. Look at players like Fred who did the same. The only thing standing between him and that is can he stay fit?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think his form has been strong but there’s still to many people overrating him at the moment. Lindelof is the latest whipping boy but is a far more calming presence back there.

A-man

Did some ok minutes. Not easy to enter defence in a match like this. Don’t like how easy they played behind him, between him and AWB. Happened two times and maybe most on AWB, but think he often lacks the awareness of what’s going on behind him and likes to push too high sometimes.

RedDevilRoshi

Did his job when he came on.

I believe his 1st major part of contribution was belting the ball into the 3rd tier of the SAF stand to stop City breaking away :D

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's been superb since he's come back in. Everyone looks super sharp at the moment.

Alemar

Is it somehow possible to improve his heading? Both him and Lindelöf are surprisingly bad in this area, I think even Shaw is a better header of the ball.

Shark

@NotShark
There’s something weirdly relaxing and also terrifying about this guy, at the same time. He has a Martial like coolness, with a Ramos dark side.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
There’s something weirdly relaxing and also terrifying about this guy, at the same time.
Yes, if there's a really difficult defensive situation, like a 3 v 1, he's the one I want there, without doubt.

But he's also capable of creating a big mess out of absolutely nothing. If he somehow could iron out the latter he's world class material.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's got that ability to unsettle a striker, you don't know when you receive the ball with your back to goal that Eric isn't about to come and smash you from behind at full speed.

Sometimes certain defenders are too nice these days and make it easy for a forward. It used to be a badly kept secret that a defender would smash you on purpose early to test your bottle, it isn't done as much these days.

You could tell when he went through Sterling to get the ball that there was no way he was pulling out, so Sterling jumped it. Good lad Eric!

sp_107

We can't have a world class player in every position and I am sure Baily is worth having in our team atleast as a backup if we sign someone like Upamacano, Jonatha Tah or Konate in summer.

Even if we dont sign a CB in this summer, I won't budge too much as Maguire, Lindelöf, Baily and Tanuzebe with an option of Matic playing in CD if needed can do the job.

Josh 76

We can't have a world class player in every position and I am sure Baily is worth having in our team atleast as a backup if we sign someone like Upamacano, Jonatha Tah or Konate in summer.

Even if we dont sign a CB in this summer, I won't budge too much as Maguire, Lindelöf, Baily and Tanuzebe with an option of Matic playing in CD if needed can do the job.
Van daar sar
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Neville
Scholes
Giggs
Carrick
Tevez
Rooney
Ronaldo

We did once upon a time :)