Neville
Scholes
Giggs
Carrick
Tevez
Rooney
Ronaldo

We did once upon a time :)
Barbatov and Nani on the bench too. Who start in this current team.

sp_107

Van daar sar
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Neville
Scholes
Giggs
Carrick
Tevez
Rooney
Ronaldo

Ahhh, What a beautiful team. isn't it? with options like Anderson, Hargreaves, Nani on top of it.

My comment on not having world class in every position is more reflecting on our situation after disastrous last few years but slowly we can get there atleast in our firstXI.

The Original

He's got that ability to unsettle a striker, you don't know when you receive the ball with your back to goal that Eric isn't about to come and smash you from behind at full speed.

Sometimes certain defenders are too nice these days and make it easy for a forward. It used to be a badly kept secret that a defender would smash you on purpose early to test your bottle, it isn't done as much these days.

You could tell when he went through Sterling to get the ball that there was no way he was pulling out, so Sterling jumped it. Good lad Eric!
Looked like he was willing to go through AWB as well!

Snuffkin

He gets injured because he throws himself around alot. Touch of the phil Jones about him.

Stadjer

Van daar sar
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Neville
Scholes
Giggs
Carrick
Tevez
Rooney
Ronaldo

Were Neville, Giggs and Carrick really world class at that time? Good players obviously but Carrick had his peak later, Giggs was already converted to central midfielder and not the winger he used to be and Neville was a good right back but was he ever world class?

All the other players of that team were likely top 5 in the world at their position at that time though. Too bad Barcelona was even better than that team :(

el3mel

Looks like he's finally discovering his mojo back. At his form he has many helpful skills that will just help Maguire to perform even better.

dev1l

He s the best partner we have for Maguire at the moment. I just hope he stays fit.

Krits

Such a pleasure to watch sometimes. Just hope he can keep it up. At his best he is bordering on WC.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This isn't a dig at Lindelof - but considering Ole has improved alot of players I think Bailly will come good.

Jezpeza

This isn't a dig at Lindelof - but considering Ole has improved alot of players I think Bailly will come good.
i’ve been a critic of Bailly because i dont see the use of players that are constantly crocked. That said, If he can stay fit i prefer him to lindelof as first choice. There was a ball behind earlier that would have caused Lindelof some problems but Bailly paced their forward to it. a good block from a goal bound effort as well by him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some people wanted to sell him :lol: idiots

0le

Some people wanted to sell him :lol: idiots
I think it is a perfectly reasonable opinion. If the player is always injured, why keep him? There was a point in which he fell to the group and everyone was concerned he had picked up another injury. He will need to go through some period of time without any major injuries for people to change their opinion and that remains to be seen. I think we are still keeping him wrapped in cotton wool so to speak.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it is a perfectly reasonable opinion. If the player is always injured, why keep him? There was a point in which he fell to the group and everyone was concerned he had picked up another injury. He will need to go through some period of time without any major injuries for people to change their opinion and that remains to be seen. I think we are still keeping him wrapped in cotton wool so to speak.
He had 2 bad injuries in a row, just bad luck. When he's fit he's clearly very, very good.

Some people were happy to sell him to Arsenal this summer, that would have been an absolutely mental decision. Thank god Redcafe isn't in charge of any decisions.

Bebestation

He had 2 bad injuries in a row, just bad luck. When he's fit he's clearly very, very good.

Some people were happy to sell him to Arsenal this summer, that would have been an absolutely mental decision. Thank god Redcafe isn't in charge of any decisions.
I don't think its that mental.

If I'm honest - I didn't rate a single central defender except Maguire & Smalling because everyone felt like they had their chance at United but bit by bit I have seen so many players improve now and that's down to both the manager and us as a team finally in nearly 10+ years have a creator in our team who wants to be here unlike di Maria did.

I hope Ole sees what the fans see with Bailly because it seems a bit more natural at the back in partnership - a bit like a potentially improved version of the Maguire'Rojo partnership we got excited about because Rojo just like Bailly wouldn't mind getting stuck in but lacked finesse.

I just was dying for Bailly to get back because I knew he'd be a better partner than Lindelof - but honestly I don't think anyone saw this type of turn around in results and form for players like Bailly.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's perfectly reasonable opinion if you want to sell Bailly after Jones & Rojo. But to choose not giving Bailly another chance and sell him before Jones & Rojo are seriously not a reasonable opinion. Three players with injury prone, if there is a player who hasn't got much chances to be given by the club & has a better chance to improve is Bailly, not the other two.

Devil may care

Got a bit worried when he was down for a bit, if he can maintain his fitness he's a good asset.

Unlikely lad

He's been mostly excellent since his return, couple of aerial mistakes aside.

He's still only 25, I think he could be immense if he manages to become adequate in the air. I suppose this hasn't been a large enough cohort of matches to judge if he's beyond the occasional brain farts he's been guilty of in the past, but he's currently ahead of Lindelöf for me.

Foxbatt

He still can lose the plot. They created an open chance because he went to the ground too early and their player then had an open chance to shoot at goal and luckily for us he skied it into the stands. This was in the second half.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
If Bailly can resist breaking himself then him and Maguire will be a bloody good first choice pair.

Both have been impressive when played together.

A-man

It s the injuries, but he has also put in some poor performances. Now he had had one good but not great game against a top PL club and then played some games against weak teams and many seem to evaluate him from those few games.

hmchan

It s the injuries, but he has also put in some poor performances. Now he had had one good but not great game against a top PL club and then played some games against weak teams and many seem to evaluate him from those few games.
Bailly's mentality isn't really good enough as a CB. His concentration, defensive awareness and positioning sometimes puts the team in trouble. It's just that his physicality was so good that he could recover very quickly when he was fit. However after the knee surgery his condition hasn't returned to his peak and his weakness in defence has been exposed. Just hope he can stay fit for a period of time so that he can keep up with the pace of the game.

A-man

Bailly's mentality isn't really good enough as a CB. His concentration, defensive awareness and positioning sometimes puts the team in trouble. It's just that his physicality was so good that he could recover very quickly when he was fit. However after the knee surgery his condition hasn't returned to his peak and his weakness in defence has been exposed. Just hope he can stay fit for a period of time so that he can keep up with the pace of the game.
My main issue with him is that he has the whole skill set I would love to see in basically every other position, but not with a CB. You never know what he will do next.

Bebestation

Wasnt his biggest fan at all but Ole has players I never really saw a future for playing really free & well - writing Bailly off would be stupid after periods of good forms under other managers too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.