Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

My main issue with him is that he has the whole skill set I would love to see in basically every other position, but not with a CB. You never know what he will do next.
Spot on. I am sure he gives the nightmares to his team mates and the coaching staff too. You never know what he is going to do next. he could be absolutely brilliant in one moment and then make such a silly mistake like switching off the next minute. I think he is good when he came on against City because we were defending for our life at that stage.

A-man

Spot on. I am sure he gives the nightmares to his team mates and the coaching staff too. You never know what he is going to do next. he could be absolutely brilliant in one moment and then make such a silly mistake like switching off the next minute. I think he is good when he came on against City because we were defending for our life at that stage.
He has the creativity, unpredictability and spontaneity that the midfield has been missing before Bruno arrived.

Foxbatt

He could go for headers as the last man and then make a right ole mess of it too. This is what I am always scared off with Bailly. You could never trust him 100%. It is like a bit with Lindelof going for a header.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s bought himself another season here anyway you’d think with someone very likeable performances. Going off on a tangent: We should try and get a PL loan for tuanzebe if there’s a good chance he’ll play enough, same with Henderson. 1more season away won’t do much harm. Let go of jones or Smalling and bring one of the young outstanding central defenders from Europe in and give him a few years to grow here and possibly step up as Maguire gets older..

this summer. I can see us singing Sancho or Chiesa, (the 2 outstanding RW candidates) Ighalo on a permanent deal and a 3rd player depending on if pogba stays or not. I would swap pogba for odegaard and cash if he still really wants to go. He can play all across the midfield and could be an assist machine in the PL I’m a season or 2 if used properly. I doubt we will go for a defender this summer as It’s not urgent enough but Take Maguire out of the team and we are quite vulnerable at the back again.

If ole is still here I reckon we will be back in for haaland in summer 21 if he keeps up this level of form. He looks the outstanding young candidate and he seems to have an excellent mentality to go with his obvious physical and finishing presence. Pity about Mino!

Foxbatt

I don't think Tuanzabe is going to make it at United or any other big club. He simply isn't good enough right now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't think Tuanzabe is going to make it at United or any other big club. He simply isn't good enough right now.
So early to judge. This type of opinion is so non sense because there is not enough explanation on it. I can accept if there is much more detail. Calling player or manager not good enough only is just not enough to be the right one in two different opinions.

The guy is still 22, has talent, Jose also recognised his talent, even Ole made him above Jones & Smalling in pecking order. Composed on the ball, doesn’t rush on tackle and has pace. If there is any chance that he won’t make it, it’ll be because of injury slowing him down or stopping his development. Not based on his quality & talent. Give the lad time first.

Foxbatt

So early to judge. This type of opinion is so non sense because there is not enough explanation on it. I can accept if there is much more detail. Calling player or manager not good enough only is just not enough to be the right one in two different opinions.

The guy is still 22, has talent, Jose also recognised his talent, even Ole made him above Jones & Smalling in pecking order. Composed on the ball, doesn’t rush on tackle and has pace. If there is any chance that he won’t make it, it’ll be because of injury slowing him down or stopping his development. Not based on his quality & talent. Give the lad time first.
He is already 22. He has never established himself in any sort as a first team player thru injury or otherwise. Jose played Scott in central defense. LVG played McNair too.
The little times he played to me he didn't show enough to be e central defender in a top club.
He is behind Maguire, Lindelof and Bailly right now. With Jones around he is behind Jones too.

0le

He is already 22. He has never established himself in any sort as a first team player thru injury or otherwise. Jose played Scott in central defense. LVG played McNair too.
The little times he played to me he didn't show enough to be e central defender in a top club.
He is behind Maguire, Lindelof and Bailly right now. With Jones around he is behind Jones too.
Before his injury, there was a period of time in which Tuanzebe seemed to be ahead of Bailly and Jones in the pecking order.

macheda14

Wasn’t Axel on loan when Jose player Scott in defence and isn't McNair two years older?

Foxbatt

Wasn’t Axel on loan when Jose player Scott in defence and isn't McNair two years older?
Jose played Scott in CB not because he didn't have other options. He did it because he is Jose and to prove his point.

macheda14

Jose played Scott in CB not because he didn't have other options. He did it because he is Jose and to prove his point.
No it just read as if you were saying Jose played Scott ahead of Axel and LVG played McNair ahead of Axel.

Foxbatt

No it just read as if you were saying Jose played Scott ahead of Axel and LVG played McNair ahead of Axel.
No it doesn't. Jose played Scott instead of Bailly to make a point. Jose would have played Scott even if Tuanzabe was at United. Tuanzabe has not proven himself to any extent in the PL.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The guy doesn't know what to say, so he used a random situation about Scott & McNair that doesn't justify at all to defend his point about Tuanzebe.

luke511

Getting injured after 10 minutes? On the bright side Matic could always play as a central defender against weaker sides.
Games after a lengthy period out is Bailly's bread and butter. I bet this lockdown's done his legs a world of good :lol:

croadyman

I realise he has had injury problems but bossed it away at Chelsea. Come on Ole give him a chance to work alongside Harry again.

Apart from Axel who is also having trouble staying fit he is the only CB with pace capable of covering Maguire.

reddevilchennai

Bailly will be an ideal partner for Maguire. We can't play both Lindelof & Maguire together as they are both slow.

Red00012

That 2 on 1 which ended with a poor pass and Shaw covering back to slow them up was absolutely comical. What in the feck was he doing?
Or been thrown off the ball down by the sideline albeit it was a poor pass from Bailly.
Makes me nervous when he’s the last line of defence and he’s Trying to sidestep the opponent. He will get caught out at some stage.

still prefer him over VL though.

DoomSlayer

I really like Bailly in general, but I feel like his ball-playing ability has deteriorated. Was he always so clumsy when trying to handle the ball and move it around to make a pass?

I like his bravery and composure to try and feint his way out of the press from the opposition attackers, but he looks so clumsy sometimes and an accident waiting to happen. If he can work on that and get match fit, he'd be a fantastic option and can fight for a place in the starting 11.

Pav1878

I realise he has had injury problems but bossed it away at Chelsea. Come on Ole give him a chance to work alongside Harry again.

Apart from Axel who is also having trouble staying fit he is the only CB with pace capable of covering Maguire.
Yep. He's the athlete we need next to Maguire. Needs a run of games, and just hope he doesn't mess it up. But I think ole trusts Lindelof more.

Interesting seeing us linked with Badiashile this morning :drool:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really like Bailly in general, but I feel like his ball-playing ability has deteriorated. Was he always so clumsy when trying to handle the ball and move it around to make a pass?

I like his bravery and composure to try and feint his way out of the press from the opposition attackers, but he looks so clumsy sometimes and an accident waiting to happen. If he can work on that and get match fit, he'd be a fantastic option and can fight for a place in the starting 11.
Yes. At United he has never been particularly good on the ball.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's actually genius. It's such a ridiculous dive that the ref might think "there's no way he's dived like that, I'll give the foul".

What did the ref actually give?
I mean, it is a foul. The Norwich player did push him in the back with both hands to try to force him to touch the ball before it went out. Bailly just made it a hell of a lot more obvious than it actually was to ensure it was given.

We had a very similar incident against Spurs (or was it Sheffield United?) when one of them just pushed Lindelof into the ball as it was going out and won the corner because the ref didn't see the foul. Both incidents are obviously soft, but ultimately they are fouls so should be given.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I mean, it is a foul. The Norwich player did push him in the back with both hands to try to force him to touch the ball before it went out. Bailly just made it a hell of a lot more obvious than it actually was to ensure it was given.

We had a very similar incident against Spurs (or was it Sheffield United?) when one of them just pushed Lindelof into the ball as it was going out and won the corner because the ref didn't see the foul. Both incidents are obviously soft, but ultimately they are fouls so should be given.
I'd give the foul to Man United and also book the diver.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'd give the foul to Man United and also book the diver.
I've always thought that that is what should happen in a perfect world. But unfortunately refs constantly refuse to actually give fouls unless the player makes it extremely obvious, so I don't blame the players.

Of course, if it's a nothing foul but they pretend to be injured to try to get the player booked then that is a completely different story and I'd loved to see the combination of foul given but book the diver.

criticalanalysis

That's actually genius. It's such a ridiculous dive that the ref might think "there's no way he's dived like that, I'll give the foul".

What did the ref actually give?
I was watching it in real time thinking 'what a stupid foul from the Norwich player' then saw the replay :lol:

Yes. At United he has never been particularly good on the ball.
I think he's decent on the ball. Looks clumsy and perhaps doesn't have the cleanest technique but he has the confidence and right approach. It's why a lot clamour for him over Lindelof, who looks neat and tidy but doesn't execute enough in frequency imo and is too passive. Bailly will often do feints, body swerves, step overs etc (I know this sounds ridiculous now..) but pulls it off without too much fuss and you will see him often pass the ball square to his centre back or straight back into midfield more times than less. With your Lindelofs, it will far too often go straight back to the keeper or a nothing pass safely into feet when the other team are set up in position again.

For me that is a big plus is beating the press from the opposition team, which opens up the pitch and keeps the momentum going.

Of course it was a rusty game from him and the team so it wasn't perfect. Not to mention Ole's tactics but that's another conversation..

Based Adnan

He's not very good tbh. Always has a mistake in him. Nearly cost us twice. Once got pushed over at the corner flag which cost us a chance and the other time he was lucky Shaw had the pace to recover.

He's benefitted from being rated higher than he is due to being out injured so long.

OldTrevil

He deserves time to get back into match fitness especially coming back from a long layoff, hopefully he avoids injury and will surely get a chance for a run in the team at some point. His qualities are especially useful in a team that plays on the front foot and I'll be happy to see him get back into form.

Man Utd 5:2 Bournemouth

A-man

This is exactly why I’ve been worrying that Maguire or Lindelof would pick up an injury. Bailly is not to be trusted. Already after 30-40 sec he lost the ball in the penalty box when he tried to dribble(?) it out, then the penalty which I think was mostly bad luck, then he was beaten for the offside goal. He was ok last 20 minutes but at that time the match was a cruise for United.

Andersonson

Eric Bailly... Terrible back pass from Matic, but its no surprise its him. He has it with him doing something weird and unexplainable.

He simply cannot be trusted.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Eric Bailly... Terrible back pass from Matic, but its no surprise its him. He has it with him doing something weird and unexplainable.

He simply cannot be trusted.
what was he meant to do?

i think he did very well, considering the start he had, which was not his fault at all.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't think he was at fault for the goal. It was an awkward ball and really shouldn't have been given.

KennyBurner

I was harsh with him for the penalty mistake in the matchday thread which shouldn't have been a penalty by the way. Still he grew into the game and shutdown most attacks after his initial error. Maybe he just needs gametime.

Status
Not open for further replies.