Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I really really hope he wasn't concussed from the first one and then got hit again. That could potentially cause serious life-long issues for him.

It's one thing I notice in football that concussion doesn't seem to be taken as seriously as it is in other sports. It does seem to have improved a fair bit the last few years, but even so it seems like players often are allowed to try to 'run it off', and even if they are taken off they seem to be back in the side the very next game. Concussion is literally a brain injury that can have devastating long-term impact on a person if they aren't looked after properly, and by definition of being a brain injury they aren't in full control of themselves to know that something is wrong so might try to continue to play.

The medics did check him after the first one so hopefully they were confident he was good and it wasn't a 'give him a chance to see how he goes' situation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ironically was the best of our three centre backs before going off. Poor communication between him and Maguire for them to both challenge for the same ball. Just another example of how much of a mess we are in defence: we lose Bailly to injury cos our defenders don't talk to each other. :rolleyes:

Ironically was the best of our three centre backs before going off. Poor communication between him and Maguire for them to both challenge for the same ball. Just another example of how much of a mess we are in defence: we lose Bailly to injury cos our defenders don't talk to each other. :rolleyes:
Maguire should have dropped off as Bailly was already there instead he went raging in like a bull in china shop.

Last edited:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Any updates on what exactly happened and why there was so much concern pitch side with him stretchered off on oxygen supply?

I didn't quite understand what was going on, and when it's a head injury it's always potentially scary.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was playing really well. I'd still rather him next to Maguire than Lindelof every time.

He is aggressive but composed at the same time, and his speed is really helpful when the fullbacks push high.

Didn't look great when he went down but hopefully it was just dizzyness.

Woziak

Thought he was playing really well. I'd still rather him next to Maguire than Lindelof every time.

He is aggressive but composed at the same time, and his speed is really helpful when the fullbacks push high.

Totally agree vastly underrated CB and as 3rd or 4th choice he’s perfect !

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Maguire should have dropped off as Bailly was already there instead he went raging in like a bull in china shop.
Indeed. I keep hearing Maguire is this great leader. Where was the leadership there? If you are going to go charging in at least warn Bailly.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Any updates on what exactly happened and why there was so much concern pitch side with him stretchered off on oxygen supply?

I didn't quite understand what was going on, and when it's a head injury it's always potentially scary.
There’s a thing called “second impact syndrome” when someone gets concussed twice, in quick succession and suffers swelling of the brain. Which is often fatal. I would say that was front and centre in the medics thoughts.

I really really hope he wasn't concussed from the first one and then got hit again. That could potentially cause serious life-long issues for him.

It's one thing I notice in football that concussion doesn't seem to be taken as seriously as it is in other sports. It does seem to have improved a fair bit the last few years, but even so it seems like players often are allowed to try to 'run it off', and even if they are taken off they seem to be back in the side the very next game. Concussion is literally a brain injury that can have devastating long-term impact on a person if they aren't looked after properly, and by definition of being a brain injury they aren't in full control of themselves to know that something is wrong so might try to continue to play.

The medics did check him after the first one so hopefully they were confident he was good and it wasn't a 'give him a chance to see how he goes' situation.
Any hint of concussion now and the player has to be taken off. Its taken very seriously now all the way down to lower levels, I think referees are even taught the basics to look out for.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Any hint of concussion now and the player has to be taken off. Its taken very seriously now all the way down to lower levels, I think referees are even taught the basics to look out for.
I'm not sure that's true. It should be the case, but clashes happen all the time, and quite often players play on. Did you see how dazed Maguire looked against Palace (or was it Southampton).

I really hope Bailly is OK, so unlucky with injuries the poor guy.

Denis79

Also fancy Bailly over Lindelof. We need that aggressiveness and physicality in the back.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully he's ok. Now after saying that we should sell him, not realiable at all we cant have a player thats gets injured so often.

TsuWave

Hopefully he's ok. Now after saying that we should sell him, not realiable at all we cant have a player thats gets injured so often.
He was our best defender on the pitch today, and it really isn’t his fault brickhead went for a ball he had no business going for

SAFMUTD

He was our best defender on the pitch today, and it really isn’t his fault brickhead went for a ball he had no business going for
Still he gets injured too often, we can rely on that.

reddevilchennai

Glad to see many people praising him now. He is vastly underrated when compared to the overrated Iceman.

Godfather

Looked very good until he came off. Man the second clash didn't even look that bad but cut him open properly. Hope recovers soon

Godfather

There’s a thing called “second impact syndrome” when someone gets concussed twice, in quick succession and suffers swelling of the brain. Which is often fatal. I would say that was front and centre in the medics thoughts.
Jesus Christ that sounds bad. Didn't look like he was out on any of the two instances though or did it?

Sylar

Dont think we concede the first goal at all if hes on (even if the same situation happens). He would have been in front of Giroud (or lindelof would have been with Bailly with Giroud).

Its a shame.

Havak

Pokemon master
Really hope he is OK. Can't seem to catch a break.

I was hoping he would be fit for LASK so we can finally rest Maguire & probably Lindelof too. We'll have to wait and see, but if it's a more 'regular' concussion there is a chance he could be ready for that game with it being just over two weeks away.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why the feck was he allowed to stand up? That pissed me off no end... the man has just taken the second massive smash on the head in quick succession... I don't care if he wants to get up and do the Tango, feckin' tell him to stay on the floor and put him on a stretcher.

Anyway on the game he was doing well, though wasn't a fan of 3 of the back... we should have just started him alongside one of Maguire/Lindelof.

Alemar

It’s good Bailly didn’t get a serious injury in the end of the day. He was one of the better performers yesterday, and with him on the pitch it was still 0-0. As such, he actually deserves to be selected more often if he is fit

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What happened to the last time he had a great run of form, did he just get dropped for Lindelof or was it an injury?

SATA

He was so calm and good yesterday. Brought the ball up the defence for us. Shame about the collision. Hope he plays in the EL and replaces Lindelof

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Jesus Christ that sounds bad. Didn't look like he was out on any of the two instances though or did it?
You don’t actually need to be KO’d to be concussed. Which is why in professional contact sports that actually give a shit about the safety of players (e.g. rugby) anybody who might be concussed has to be taken off the pitch for a detailed Head Injury Assessment (HIA) If they don’t pass, they’re not allowed back out.

Devil81

He's been with us four seasons and I don't think he's ever been able to stay fit enough to ever show his true potential. I've always said there is a real player in there but it's not developing because he can't stay fit enough to let it grow.

Is it luck or is it because he's either clumsy or throwing himself into challenges?

Godfather

You don’t actually need to be KO’d to be concussed. Which is why in professional contact sports that actually give a shit about the safety of players (e.g. rugby) anybody who might be concussed has to be taken off the pitch for a detailed Head Injury Assessment (HIA) If they don’t pass, they’re not allowed back out.
Didn't know that thanks. Well looks like he is ok all things considered. Shame he had to come off though he looked good I thought.

A-man

He's been with us four seasons and I don't think he's ever been able to stay fit enough to ever show his true potential. I've always said there is a real player in there but it's not developing because he can't stay fit enough to let it grow.

Is it luck or is it because he's either clumsy or throwing himself into challenges?
Probably a little bit of both. And maybe poor fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.