Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Glad he's ok.

Unfortunately he seems to have terrible luck as well as being susceptible to injury.

Shaw has, except for this current week or so, shown he could get back from missing loads of games to featuring regularly though, so maybe Bailly can too?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really feel like Paul will turn more and more into like Uncle Pat once he gets older.

I just wonder what his catch-phrase will be!
I love Pizza!

This message is sponsored by Raiola Inc.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So it's confirmed that he wasn't concussed?

Betson

Really unfortunate with injuries , can't seem to catch a break.

Cannot get a consistent run going at all to settle in , I still think there is a the makings of a really good CB there that could sort a lot of our issues. But time is running out and maybe it is just not meant to be for him at Utd.

Andersonson

He is the most talented and all-round centrebeck we have and actually is much better partner for Maguire than Lindelof.
Shame that he can't overcome his injury problems.

Still remember Deeney's words - when Bailly is fit and in form he really can scare opposition's forwards:
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-...-defender-who-scares-premier-league-forwards/
I disagree. He is way worse than Lindelof. Not even close to him.

He likes to dribble, his main weakness is aerial duels and he is our centreback that commits the most fouls. His reading of the game is also way worse than Lindelof. We cannot have a high line with him, because of it. He has proven again and again that he is all over the place. And thats a bit weird, because with his strengths a high line should suit him.

He has had his time here, its time to move him on and upgrade. The faster the better. He is an enigma. Some fans think he is the next big thing and its truly worrying.

I aint saying Lindelof is brilliant, there are many centrebacks that are better than him, if Bailly was even close to him in terms of ability he would've played more.

None of our managers has played him - for a reason -> quality

Tel074

He is simply the most confusing player I've ever seen . He's quick he's good in the air he's strong he can bring the ball out of defence he covers he partner CB .He has it all yet he scares the life out of me everytime I see him play

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He is simply the most confusing player I've ever seen . He's quick he's good in the air he's strong he can bring the ball out of defence he covers he partner CB .He has it all yet he scares the life out of me everytime I see him play
Probably because he does things like this vs Salah. In fairness to him, I can't point to many times he's been punished.

ti vu

We know the potential he has. He can take a piss out of even top attackers.

The most important is whether he can stay fit to learn & iron out his mistakes before it's too late (Similar to Jones). So out of our hand, and given our history with injury plague especially in the defense, I wouldn't say no to a new CB inforcement.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

If only people would stop treating his head like a football, then maybe he can go on a decent run

MetoTTT

I've always liked him and had high hope he'll be a monster of a CB when he bought him. I pray he'll still fit and do it at the highest level and not finish like Saha.

Andersonson

He's played well in every match this season even though it's less than 10. He and Maguire make a strong pair
I disagree. Besides that Chelsea game he has been poor in my opinion. Lindelof is a much better player. But its a bit harsh judging him like that. He only gets minutes every 3 months so it isnt easy being good either.

Decent squad player when fit though.

Dr. McBeasty

If only he could stay healthy, he complements Maguire quite well. His confidence borders on irrational at times, but I’d rather see that then timid play.

acnumber9

If only people would stop treating his head like a football, then maybe he can go on a decent run
Maybe they would if he didn’t stoop to make headers. I’ve never seen a defender actually jump lower than if they just stood and tried to head the ball.

TsuWave

Ole and Jose agrees with me

Luckily I would say. Zero chance Bailly taking Lindelofs place
Managers aren’t infallible and Bailly has been injured often.

Lindelof‘s place is so cemented we’re reportedly looking at CB’s, right?

Andersonson

Managers aren’t infallible and Bailly has been injured often.

Lindelof‘s place is so cemented we’re reportedly looking at CB’s, right?
I didnt say Lindelof was super great, just way better than Bailly. As you said yourself, we might be looking for a new one. Clearly the manager doesnt think anybody else in the squad is better and might step up to take his place. A new CB would make Bailly 4/5 choice.

Atleast under Ole.

TsuWave

I didnt say Lindelof was super great, just way better than Bailly. As you said yourself, we might be looking for a new one. Clearly the manager doesnt think anybody else in the squad is better and might step up to take his place. A new CB would make Bailly 4/5 choice.

Atleast under Ole.
Again, managers aren’t infallible. Mourinho, who you used to corroborate your statement, wanted rid of Martial & Pogba for the likes of Arnautovic, Perisic and Milinkovic-Savic.

My point is that Lindelof’s place is hardly cemented, thus your assertion that there’s zero chance he could be displaced by Bailly is inherently wrong. Lindelof is not “way better” than Bailly.

Decomposing In Paris

I like Bailly, always have. If he could stay fit he’d be a fantastic option for us. He was first choice with Maguire in preseason this time last year, but then got injured. Lindelof is severely underrated by many United supporters too.

Teja

I've really always liked Bailly as well, but I can see the points his critics make. If he can stay fit and get an extended run in the side I think he can prove that he's the better partner for Maguire - really can make up for Maguire's weaknesses.

People forget that Rio was a bit rash and was quite prone to doing crazy things on the pitch, but he developed into a great defender late 20s. I think Bailly has it in him as well, even if he doesn't hit Rio levels.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I've really always liked Bailly as well, but I can see the points his critics make. If he can stay fit and get an extended run in the side I think he can prove that he's the better partner for Maguire - really can make up for Maguire's weaknesses.

People forget that Rio was a bit rash and was quite prone to doing crazy things on the pitch, but he developed into a great defender late 20s. I think Bailly has it in him as well, even if he doesn't hit Rio levels.
Rio was already on PFA Team of the Year when he was 23.

A-man

He's played well in every match this season even though it's less than 10. He and Maguire make a strong pair
I also think hes been ok the matches he’s played, however he only played 5 full matches and most of them were matches like this where you almost can’t fail, so it is impossible to evaluate him. When Tuanzebe is fit, I am pretty sure those easy games will go to him as he needs them even more than Bailly.

Andersons Dietician

He’s just a weird one for me. You can see there is undoubted quality there but a bit like Fred it’s never consistent and at times he is all over the shop.

Yesterday he had moments of real quality then there are moments where I’m left asking myself why. I don’t really feel secure with him in the back 4 as he is always prone to a mistake or becoming complacent and just playing a sloppy pass out. Then there are those moments where his decisions are ridiculous.

ball dropping out the air, you would think best option is to head it, tries to volly it whilst under preasure. Ball is at chest height tries to header it. He just drives me mad with the decisions he makes and in the end that and injuries will probably be the thing that holds him back.

Andersonson

Even if it doesnt hit Rio levels? Even close to Rio would be fantastic. For me Rio is the best defender we've ever had.

He made a few errors, sure. Every defender does. But he played everything. Bailly makes one every 5 games. And Rio can really read the game and his positioning was second to none. Bailly lacks that. He's way to often out of position and got to do a last ditch attempt/tackle.

Rio went what? A season or something without a foul? He was rock solid. A class modern centreback and 2 levels above everything we got today

Bailly has a chance to be as good as Ferdinand, problem is that’s Anton Ferdinand.

Ferdinand was a record signing when he went to Leeds, narrowly missed out on going to a major championship at 18 and another record signing when we went to Utd.

To say he developed into a great defender in his last 20’s is insane.

Comparing Bailly and Rio in any breath suggests you have watched neither player.

Rossa

The guy is freakishly athletic. He made TFM look downright ordinary in terms of acceleration. He is also almost too agile for his size. If he can stay injury free, the sky is the limit for this guy. He will make the odd brain fart, but Maguire and Lindelof are hardly bullet proof either.

A much better partner for Maguire than Lindelof is, he has the pace to cover for Maguire and is more physically dominant and composed playing out from the back.

Rossa

Bailly has a chance to be as good as Ferdinand, problem is that’s Anton Ferdinand.

Ferdinand was a record signing when he went to Leeds, narrowly missed out on going to a major championship at 18 and another record signing when we went to Utd.

To say he developed into a great defender in his last 20’s is insane.

Comparing Bailly and Rio in any breath suggests you have watched neither player.
I think people are too quick with comparing players. The only things I can see them having in common would be great pace and silky skills with the ball. Rio was just as fast as Bailly, if not more so, but you didn't see him at full pelt often. His best attribute was arguably his positioning and understanding of the game. In the Vidic interview, he talked about intelligence, and I think Rio was a very intelligent player. On top of that, he had great athleticism.

Kostov

I love watching him defend when he is on song. I can think of one mistake last night when that big number 9 got that last second chance, otherwise I think he was one of our best players. If he stays fit (which won't happen) he is good and useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.