Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar2290

I never understand the fascination with Bailly. Pogba gets slaughtered to hell and back for being inconssitent. Lindeloff gets crucified by our own fanbase for making mistakes. And yet Bailly gets a free pass on both.

Every time he's played this season it's always the same story. He plays great great for a couple of games. Then he makes a couple of dumb mistakes(conceding useless fouls, pens, getting himself sent off) and then he injures himself.

And this erraticness is the reason Ole trusts Lindeloff ahead of him.

Clermontois

Supports
France
I hope you are not playing the race card for that post.
What is this race card you are speaking of as I have never seen one. Can it be used in poker or holdem perhaps?

Anyway what you hope for is of no importance if it was racial I would have said so what the post is, is lazy.

How can a centre back be described as overly physical when he isnt boxing people in the back or elbowing them like Ramos or Pepe do, especially in that game where the ref was a simpleton.

If any of our CBs were overly physical it would be Maguire.

Denis79

No, must resist obvious joke
:lol: Might seem like I'm joking but he has glimpses of absolute brilliance, he's strong, fast and fearless. I really do believe there's a chance he can become magnificent if he would stay injury-free long enough to gain form but that's a big ask, more likely we have a new Jones on our hands.

A-man

A
Yes, that was bloody annoying. Twice he outjumps Jonas Wind by a full meter, twice Wind seeks contact and lets himself fall. If you don’t go up and still seek contact, it’s a freekick the other way around, normally.

And the yellow was maybe a foul, maybe not, never a yellow.
I think he got the yellow because he fouled in a counter attack.

A-man

I personally think he has the attributes I love to see in a forward, winger or attacking midfielder. He is very technical, good with the ball and very... random. He does unexpected things. I think that last part is very good for scoring goals and creating chances, but unfortunately not good in defence where communication and cooperation is key. The other CB must trust him to cover, must know how he will react in certain situations, etc. With Bailly you never know. Also he has a little poor positioning and awareness and often go for the ball instead of staying where he should be.

Grande

A

I think he got the yellow because he fouled in a counter attack.
No doubt, but as they were even for the ball in a give-and-get, and in tjeir half to boot, I don’t expect to see a yellow in a situation many refs would let pass altogether.

Anyway, it’s not a hairspitting injustice, just one in a series of decisions were Bailly did well with strong and agressove defending and getting harshly treated by the referee.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I agree,
I thought he was really good and his opponent does not even jump for the header and Eric is penalized.
If he stops the silly mistakes he could be really good for us.
What made it even more annoying was when Pogba was winning header after header, an opposition player was always all over him and the ref didn't blow once. At least be consistent.

A-man

No doubt, but as they were even for the ball in a give-and-get, and in tjeir half to boot, I don’t expect to see a yellow in a situation many refs would let pass altogether.

Anyway, it’s not a hairspitting injustice, just one in a series of decisions were Bailly did well with strong and agressove defending and getting harshly treated by the referee.
It looked to me he got dribbled and then committed a foul, but I’m really not sure. Maybe som refs would’ve let that go. I think the ref was pretty good. Bailly got 3 fouls and think they were pretty fair. Most important, we won in the end and Bailly got more minutes.

Bailly is one of those players who seemed to have a growing reputation amongst Utd fans at least for being out of the side. It’s all about potential with him, but he’s no longer the 22 kid living from a new league. He’s 26, and whilst I’m not putting him on the OAP list, at that age potential and flashes of skill just aren’t enough.

He can’t head the ball, his positioning is poor, and his injury record is shocking - yet some people still think he’s got a chance of being “magnificent”!

I’m all for giving players a chance, and this forum in particular is willing to throw any player under the bus when they are developing. But he’s been here 4 years now, and he’s just not up to standard. If he could stay fit, then he could have a role as a back up player, but can’t be relied upon to be available when needed.

The only thing keepIng him here is that Rojo and Jones are worse!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't see it in him to become top centerback. But then, the criteria as a top CB has shifted. Up to the point that some see Lindelof is better than Maguire.

Last edited:

TsuWave

Always said he's the best partner for Maguire at the club. Don't know what people see in that Swede fraud

Benching him after the performance against Copenhagen was a dumb decision

Fussmeister

Always said he's the best partner for Maguire at the club. Don't know what people see in that Swede fraud

Benching him after the performance against Copenhagen was a dumb decision
Yeah he earned his spot in semis

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly if he can't convince Old he should be starting over Lindelof he should leave. Thought he was good against Copenhagen and very unlucky to not start.

Walters_19_MuFc

One thing that really impresses me about Bailly, and something we saw against Copenhagen, is his aggression in the box and his ability to stick to his man.

Lindelof had a fantastic game yesterday bar the goal, but it may have been something that could be avoided if Bailly was on. Who knows?

Lindelof, on the whole, has had a good season, especially in the PL, but given Bailly has played in the Europa throughout, it was a surprise to not see him in the starting XI.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think he should have replaced someone after your little spell of dominance so you could shift to 5 at the back. Helps with your lack of fitness toward the end and with the amount of space that they were getting.

Borussia Teeth

If we don't get another CB in, then I would like us to give Bailly a run in the side. I think his attributes are more suited to partnering Maguire than Lindeloff's. Not sure if he'll stay fit though. I like his pace and agression

Status
Not open for further replies.