Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
So glad we had the comedy stylings of Bailly today. Who cares about the result, Bailly stole the show with his hilariousness. Just such a funny guy, love to see it. Hashtag just Bailly things.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Got his chance, fluffed his chance.

spiriticon

He gets his ONE chance and goes straight to being the most mad form of Madman Bailly there ever was.

Unbelievable.

Is he thick?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Hopefully puts an end to people who slated Lindelöf and thought Bailly was the answer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, that's ended the Bailly v Lindelof bandwagon then

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Compared to his partner he looked like Vidic.

Mainly cos his partner looked like my dead nan.

Gopher Brown

So glad we had the comedy stylings of Bailly today. Who cares about the result, Bailly stole the show with his hilariousness. Just such a funny guy, love to see it. Hashtag just Bailly things.
The whole defensive unit was a right laugh today. Great bunch of lads.

spiriticon

Yes. Have you never noticed before today?
I just thought he was unpredictable. Today, with that pass to Matic on the edge of his own box who was marked by at least 2 Spurs players resulting in Spurs 3rd goal, I have finally accepted that he is a bit thick.

Bobski

Said it before but the difference between his top and low level is far too extreme, goes form worldbeater to carthorse.

simplyared

There's a player in there no doubt about that. I'm convinced with a run of matches the mistakes will diminish. No good throwing him in now and then. He needs to get his confidence up. He's the least of our problems. Needs a run!

Tel074

Makes us chucking Smalling out all the more alarming. Bailly is a complete and utter calamity and hopefully won't ever pull on that shirt again

NinjaFletch

There's a player in there no doubt about that. I'm convinced with a run of matches the mistakes will diminish. No good throwing him in now and then. He needs to get his confidence up. He's the least of our problems. Needs a run!
Yes there's significant doubt about that. The only thing worse than his performances is his injury record. Awful, awful player. Zero defensive awareness, inspires zero confidence in his partners and careless in his passing.

The only question mark is whether he's the worst of the three we have back there, my money is on yes, but boy are Maguire and Lindelof trying their best to run him close.

OldTrevil

Compared to his partner he looked like Vidic.

Mainly cos his partner looked like my dead nan.
Exactly, the calamity in our defence was Maguire, who didn't get away with his gaffes like he has so many times before.

Bailly is still a better defender than both Maguire and Lindelof if people really want to throw blame

ShinjiNinja26

This aged well.

Everyone who for the past month or so has been talking about Bailly as if he's way better than Lindelöf should apologize and hang their heads in shame now.

Utter disgrace.
Whys it an utter disgrace? Give your head a wobble. Lindelof’s been shite since the start of the season and made numerous errors, Bailly has looked good the previous games he’s played and the call for him to start was the right one and what the vast majority of fans wanted as well. Who could’ve foreseen the whole back 4 turning to utter shite and looking like they’ve never played football before. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, but don’t get on your high horse afterwards like you predicted this all along.

Superunknown

We're wasting our time trying to convince ourselves that he can still be useful, when really we should be looking at upgrading both him and Lindelöf.

In 10 years time, when we're still in the exact same mess as we are now, he will just be another name on a long, long list of questionable transfers.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Nobody in the back line had a good game today but Bailly was the worst. He has speed but that's it. Absolutely no anticipation and always out of position. He is 4th choice at best...

RedIan

Today was last chance saloon for Eric, he was given a chance and blew it big style. Headless chicken prone to persistent bad errors. should have solid him along with Jones and bought a quality centre half.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Nobody in the back line had a good game today but Bailly was the worst. He has speed but that's it. Absolutely no anticipation and always out of position. He is 4th choice at best...
Maguire was worse than everyone present at Old Trafford including Woodward.

Lies, Maguire and Shaw were the worst culprits today.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It seemed weird for us to drop Lindelof and give Bailly his first PL game against bloody spurs. Why against such a competitive club with world class attackers?

He should have been eased in playing next to Maguire against a team we could dominate attack with so they could learn to build a partnership.

Today that understanding of a central partnership wasnt there and they played like two individuals- effecting our fullbacks and midfielders aswell.

A CB partnership & understanding is built over time. Just picking one to play with another randomly against a tough club is poor management.

Would we randomly pick Bailly to start his first defensive games in a CL knock out match? He should build that partnership over time.

That's the same with Lindelof and if he had to start a new partnership with Bailly - dont start the bloody thing vs spurs.

arthurka

Hopefully puts an end to people who slated Lindelöf and thought Bailly was the answer.
Lindelöf was slated for a reason and nothing has changed there but I have said it here time and time again that Bailly is not the solution. He is just not a good defender.

A-man

Back to PSG form again. The worst was not all the mistakes and conceded goals, but he really showed why he is such a poor partner to Maguire. Many people think just because he is fast, he is perfect to cover behind Maguire. But the problem is Bailly is not a smart player. When Maguire was high up the pitch, he was also high up. Matic had to chase Son on a counter because Bailly was not around.

Maguire doesn’t need a fast partner, he needs a smart partner who can anticipate danger, position himself and is aware of what is happening in other places than where the ball is.

Maguire was just as awful but it’s no coincidence Maguire did his worst performance in his career when paired with Bailly.

CiroDiMarzio

Disastrous performance and all the evidence needed that he is nowhere near the required level. Selling Smalling ahead of the current crop of centre halves defies belief.

A-man

It seemed weird for us to drop Lindelof and give Bailly his first PL game against bloody spurs. Why against such a competitive club with world class attackers?

He should have been eased in playing next to Maguire against a team we could dominate attack with so they could learn to build a partnership.

Today that understanding of a central partnership wasnt there and they played like two individuals- effecting our fullbacks and midfielders aswell.

A CB partnership & understanding is built over time. Just picking one to play with another randomly against a tough club is poor management.

Would we randomly pick Bailly to start his first defensive games in a CL knock out match? He should build that partnership over time.

That's the same with Lindelof and if he had to start a new partnership with Bailly - dont start the bloody thing vs spurs.
They didn’t start with Spurs, they started with Cup games. Last season as well as this season. The idea was probably that we needed a fast CB because of Sons speed.

Andersons Dietician

I don’t want to curse it as we’ve been here before but I’m hoping a penny has dropped. Been quite impressed with him the last few appearances. Still the occasional glimpse of rashness but I tend to think he’s at his best or had a good game when you don’t normally notice him.

Hopefully he keeps it up but I think he might be in with a possibility of starting against Spurs.
Well this aged well :lol:

Totally cursed him, not sure what I was thinking on Thursday inevitable Bailly show. At least he wasn’t the worst CB on the pitch. Has that going for him at least.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
They didn’t start with Spurs, they started with Cup games. Last season as well as this season. The idea was probably that we needed a fast CB because of Sons speed.
That's a game every 2 months.

If Bailly & maguire played against Brighton and gone on to this match it would be better than restarting a random partnership against Spurs.

A-man

That's a game every 2 months.

If Bailly & maguire played against Brighton and gone on to this match it would be better than restarting a random partnership against Spurs.
They played together against Luton, plus as a sub vs. Brighton in PL. It’s actually his 5th season now and then you don’t get the luxury to be eased in like a youth player. Lindelof and Maguire started their partnership with Chelsea.

before the glory

Lindelöf was slated for a reason and nothing has changed there but I have said it here time and time again that Bailly is not the solution. He is just not a good defender.
Bailly is getting all the blame, only 1 was his fault, and that's as De Gea passing the ball to him in the 6 yard box, Not at fault for first, De Gea was, he never comes out, Maguire for second, he hit it at Bailly who recovered and hit it safely back to him, hes been blamed for not getting to left hand post, when he was on the right, and again, look at De Gea, Bailly tries to run behind him, to block it, but De Gea stands still again. De Gea is the reason for these defence errors for us and this makes the defence look hopeless and panicked...good shot stopping ended 10 years ago as the only goalkeeping assest needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.