Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

Bailly was on the bench in case of an emergency. He's only recently back in training, he is not match fit. Lindelof had to start.

Delano

When fit, he has to start.

I wish he wasn't made of glass, because he's easily our best CB. Easily.

bsCallout

How the feck are you not "match fit" as a CB? It's not like he's a box to box mid, either he's fit enough to play or he isn't I don't get it.
Youve got to be kidding? You don't think CBs have to be match fit?

Bailly gets injured doing a warm up. The last thing he needs is to be rushed back without being fully fit.

He's fit enough if we are desperate. Not to play 90 minutes.

stevoc

How the feck are you not "match fit" as a CB? It's not like he's a box to box mid, either he's fit enough to play or he isn't I don't get it.
How can you not get it?

Sometimes players are carrying an injury so they could only give you 20 or 30 minutes in a pinch if things get desperate.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He will get his chances but he would probably have struggled in this game as he weak in the air.
That’s as may be, but if that’s the case don’t pick Lindelof. He’s about as useful as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest.

A-man

That’s as may be, but if that’s the case don’t pick Lindelof. He’s about as useful as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest.
They hade different strengths but Lindelof is normally stronger in the air and in the box.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The injuries excuse only makes sense if he's actually injured though.

He's sat on the bench today.
Since he last played (less than a month ago) he's been injured, came back to be on the bench for a game or two, got injured again, and now this was his first game back again. With his record do you really think he should be getting thrown back in straight away?

A-man

Since he last played (less than a month ago) he's been injured, came back to be on the bench for a game or two, got injured again, and now this was his first game back again. With his record do you really think he should be getting thrown back in straight away?
He was probably not fully fit for a 90 minutes game, otherwise Ole wouldn’t have had Tuanzebe on the bench. Everybody expected us to score a lot of goals in this match. Could be that Ole planned to play Bailly last 20 if we had managed to do that.

Valencia Shin Crosses

How can you not get it?

Sometimes players are carrying an injury so they could only give you 20 or 30 minutes in a pinch if things get desperate.
Which I completely understand but there's a reason CB's can practically start every game, they don't do anywhere close to the running as other players on the pitch. My point being stamina shouldn't be an issue in that case. Otherwise if he's still injured then don't even have him on the bench as that's idiotic

A-man

Which I completely understand but there's a reason CB's can practically start every game, they don't do anywhere close to the running as other players on the pitch. My point being stamina shouldn't be an issue in that case. Otherwise if he's still injured then don't even have him on the bench as that's idiotic
It can also be match tempo. If you’re been out for some time you lose that. Also, if Lindelof is fit he has been Ole’s first choice most of the time, and Bailly getting several different injuries was probably not helping advancing on the ladder.

stevoc

Maybe but we don't know the nature or extent of the injury.

A-man

Horrible first 30 minutes. Gave away the ball as last defender, struggled with their pacey attackers and didn’t react fast enough at their runs. More assured and better in second half when we sat back a little. Great pass for the last goal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked a bit rusty at first but grew into the game and dominated after that. Not surprising considering he hasn’t played much recently, but really helps us hold a high line.

Ekeke

Slow start for 10 mins and looked like he might have a mare, but after that played well, very promising, even set James away on the counter for his goal and if you take the first 10 mins away played as well as Lindelof has at any point this season

redshaw

Nice pass to James to run on to for the goal. He should be playing when fit.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Slow start for 10 mins and looked like he might have a mare, but after that played well, very promising, even set James away on the counter for his goal and if you take the first 10 mins away played as well as Lindelof has at any point this season
Yeah yeah. If you take away the mistakes he played well. :wenger:

Devil may care

There’s a rashness to him as we know but his attributes are a boost to our defence, as is his personality, if only he wasn't made of Weetabix.

Giggsyking

Good game, but he will absolutely see Victor take his place next week because he is the manager's darling.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A strong performance after a shaky start. Can't remember the last time he had a bad 90 minutes. Obviously the best partner for our slow coach centre backs. Yet I'm 90% sure he'll be on the bench for Newcastle. C'est la vie...

Awful first circa 20 minutes, much more assured after that.

Love Bailly but there’s no way he should be a regular starter. You expect and need consistency from a CB maybe more than in any other position on the pitch, which is problematic seeing as he’s prone to a 8/9 out of 10 one week and then a 2/3 out of 10 the next.

Awful first circa 20 minutes, much more assured after that.

Love Bailly but there’s no way he should be a regular starter. You expect and need consistency from a CB maybe more than in any other position on the pitch, which is problematic seeing as he’s prone to a 8/9 out of 10 one week and then a 2/3 out of 10 the next.
And often it’s weeks between games due to injuries.

really can’t be relied upon.

MattofManchester

I have a laugh every time I watch him fly into the air for some random acrobatic movement, but then I freak out immediately after in case he's hurt himself.

talking robot

He has to start. We look so much more assured at the back when it's him plus Maguire (even if Bailly still has the odd mistake in him).

Status
Not open for further replies.