Height: 187cm
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Promoesport
Squad Number: #3
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Outfitter: Puma​

Last edited:

Hopefully he can have an injury free year because theres a hell of a player in him if he can get some consistency in the team.

TsuWave

Guy went through a period where he just couldn’t catch a break, and managers didn’t help with the often very weird decisions regarding him. Got him caught in a ridiculous loop of injury -> go months without playing -> get tossed in a hard fixture for his return after months of not playing -> unsurprising poor performance -> taken out of the team -> back on the team, suffer injury -> repeat cycle

He looked good in his last two performances though, and taking him off the team for the Sevilla game after his performance against Copenhagen was a silly decision.

He’s the best partner for Maguire at the club.

Borussia Teeth

I would like to see him start the season at CB. Hopefully he can stay fit. I'm not really a fan of Lindeloff. He's ok, nothing more. If Bailly can stay fit and play to his max, then I believe he's our best CB.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think we should move on from him if there is taker and once we manage to sell then we can easily replace him with someone like Benoit Badiashile. This guy only start 1 league game for us last season, even Jones & Tuanzebe managed to start more league games than this guy. The more we get rid the injury prone, the better. We can’t have these injury prone players sticking way too long in the club. Better get rid now when there is value to sell.

Bondi77

I think he did pretty well at the end of the season and he has the physical attributes to be a good player for us in my opinion but it is just what goes on between his ears that can be his and ultimately our downfall.
I like him but I really do not know.

Donut

I don’t think he’s smart enough to be a top defender, he is way too aggressive, and his heading technique is ridiculous. Add in all the injuries...

Let’s sell Jones and Bailly can become our next crock with an occasional good game.

flappyjay

I don’t think he’s smart enough to be a top defender, he is way too aggressive, and his heading technique is ridiculous. Add in all the injuries...

Let’s sell Jones and Bailly can become our next crock with an occasional good game.
Yeah he can never brush off on his weaknesses since he plays about 10 games a season. The entire injury prone brigade should be let go.

welshwingwizard

I think we should move on from him if there is taker and once we manage to sell then we can easily replace him with someone like Benoit Badiashile. This guy only start 1 league game for us last season, even Jones & Tuanzebe managed to start more league games than this guy. The more we get rid the injury prone, the better. We can’t have these injury prone players sticking way too long in the club. Better get rid now when there is value to sell.
Agree with this. Would prefer very good centre backs that can form an excellent partnership based on consistent playing time as opposed to excellent centre backs who are in and out of the team with injury.

Not that Bailly is excellent but the idea of giving continuously injured players another season for them to prove themselves only for them to be injured again and leave us hanging just typifies how we arn't ruthless enough and exemplifies our lack of success.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What his this guy got to do to get a proper run in the side?

they keep saying we need a quick physical cb well he’s already here! Last time he played against Chelsea he was great until he got injured. Yes he’s been unlucky with injuries but it doesn’t warrant getting benched forever.

hope he gets to play on Wednesday at least.

pascell

What his this guy got to do to get a proper run in the side?

they keep saying we need a quick physical cb well he’s already here! Last time he played against Chelsea he was great until he got injured. Yes he’s been unlucky with injuries but it doesn’t warrant getting benched forever.

hope he gets to play on Wednesday at least.
Stay fit. In his 3rd season now and he's 26 and can't stay fit, another who'll be on the pile of deadwood come season end.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Stay fit. In his 3rd season now and he's 26 and can't stay fit, another who'll be on the pile of deadwood come season end.
I get that but he’s fit now and has been for a while - I’d rather play him and risk injury than the ice queen

yfoFC

If I were him, I'd be fuming that I can't get ahead of the shitshow that lindelof is serving up.

Ole has no excuses now not to give him a long run in the side

If I were him, I'd be fuming that I can't get ahead of the shitshow that lindelof is serving up.

Ole has no excuses now not to give him a long run in the side
Apart from the fact over 4 years he’s proved he has no positioning, can’t head the ball and is completely reckless.

Add in that he’s injured more often than not, and it he’s not giving away a goal as a result of a brain fart, he’s getting himself sent off.

If I were him, I’d be fuming because at the age of 26 he can’t defend.

I’m no fan of Lindelof, and we all know we need a new CB, but Bailly is not the answer. He’s one of those players whose reputation with some fans has got bigger the more he’s been injured - despite all the evidence showing he’s nowhere near good enough.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Apart from the fact over 4 years he’s proved he has no positioning, can’t head the ball and is completely reckless.

Add in that he’s injured more often than not, and it he’s not giving away a goal as a result of a brain fart, he’s getting himself sent off.

I’m no fan of Lindelof, and we all know we need a new CB, but Bailly is not the answer. He’s one of those players whose reputation with some fans has got bigger the more he’s been injured - despite all the evidence showing he’s nowhere near good enough.
This is pretty much my thoughts on Bailly too. That being said, his last few games he actually played well and I'd like to see him given a run. He can't do any worse than Lindelof, so we've nothing to lose.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

Hear hear!

The Original

There is nothing wrong with his positioning. The only real weakness of Bailly's is recklessness but this rarely has led to problems so i would call it controlled aggression.

dev1l

There is nothing wrong with his positioning. The only real weakness of Bailly's is recklessness but this rarely has led to problems so i would call it controlled aggression.
Only problem is that due his recklessness as you called it, he gets injured too often.

His problem is concentration. He misses things, gets caught out of position or reacts late, and has to make those reckless challenges that get him injured or sent off. My hope is that with a consistent run in the team the concentration issue goes away, it usually works that way but not always.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have never seen anything that convinces me that Lindelof is better than Bailly. If he can't get a go at centre half now he should demand a transfer.

The Original

His problem is concentration. He misses things, gets caught out of position or reacts late, and has to make those reckless challenges that get him injured or sent off. My hope is that with a consistent run in the team the concentration issue goes away, it usually works that way but not always.
I hear this a lot but i think its a hasty conclusion. Every time I have seen Bailly make a last-ditch tackle he was covering for someone else.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I hear this a lot but i think its a hasty conclusion. Every time I have seen Bailly make a last-ditch tackle he was covering for someone else.
No he makes alot of mistakes

Morpheus 7

Is the glass man even fit, sick of chatting about Bailly. You can't rely on him, fans seem to be going in circles of solutions. Bring Smalling back, maybe Rojo can come back.... what if Axel can stay fit. We all know the solution and have know it for a long time.

Sell as many duds and bring in a fast fit CB, who's good on the ball to start with Maguire and competition for Lindelof.

jackal&hyde

I have never seen anything that convinces me that Lindelof is better than Bailly. If he can't get a go at centre half now he should demand a transfer.
I don't think the management think that either, he just can't stay fit enough for long.

acnumber9

I don’t rate Bailly at all but after that horror show yesterday he absolutely has to play our next game. If only to make it clear that there are consequences for being so laughably awful. And that can apply to Lindelof or Maguire.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Huge opportunity for him coming up.

Sink or swim time.

I have a feeling Ole will be done with Lindelof as an automatic starter.

I am biased though. I am a big fan and tend to cheer for players who are bat shit crazy like Rafael, early Evra, young Rooney.

arthurka

Funny how all our CB's have become contenders for the starting 11 due to Lindelöf's absolute shit show. Bailly isn't a player to be relied upon. He is both inconsistent and reckless. But I think he is better than Lindelöf though.

HowYouDoin

How the heck did he ever lose his spot to Lindelof. He's about 100 times better as a defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.