Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

Maybe because he s crocked most of the time?
Whatever. He's been healthy for a while now.
He is sooooo clearly miles better than Lindelof and so is Smalling. How does one get benched and the other loaned out. Some sort of Scandinavian bias from Ole would be the only thing to explain it cuz wth, that never should have happened. Lindelof never should have become a regular in the starting line up.

I completely agree with Gary Neville you will never ever win anything with that defensive partnership ever. Sevilla game was a great example of that.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Whatever. He's been healthy for a while now.
He is sooooo clearly miles better than Lindelof and so is Smalling. How does one get benched and the other loaned out. Some sort of Scandinavian bias from Ole would be the only thing to explain it cuz wth, that never should have happened. Lindelof never should have become a regular in the starting line up.

I completely agree with Gary Neville you will never ever win anything with that defensive partnership ever. Sevilla game was a great example of that.
Bailly is incredibly and wildly inconsistent. As likely to have a terrible match as he is a great one. Meanwhile Lindelof is average, but he's consistently average with just the occasional terrible match or very good match. For a central defender the latter probably does win out ahead of the former.

Lindelof was bad enough that Bailly should probably get another chance, but I'll be surprised if he goes five matches without either getting injured or having such a bad match that Ole has to sub him off. Hopefully he proves me wrong because when he is playing well he's great, but I just don't have any confidence in his consistency.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Funny how all our CB's have become contenders for the starting 11 due to Lindelöf's absolute shit show. Bailly isn't a player to be relied upon. He is both inconsistent and reckless. But I think he is better than Lindelöf though.
Talent wise he could be arguably our best defender if he cut out the mistakes. He is a seriously good footballer.

yfoFC

Apart from the fact over 4 years he’s proved he has no positioning, can’t head the ball and is completely reckless.

Add in that he’s injured more often than not, and it he’s not giving away a goal as a result of a brain fart, he’s getting himself sent off.

If I were him, I’d be fuming because at the age of 26 he can’t defend.

I’m no fan of Lindelof, and we all know we need a new CB, but Bailly is not the answer. He’s one of those players whose reputation with some fans has got bigger the more he’s been injured - despite all the evidence showing he’s nowhere near good enough.
That's simply not true, in the only season he played fully he was one of our better players and our best defender

His injury record is worrisome but as others have said he's been fit for a while now so no harm in playing especially seeing the dross served up in front of him

Let him play and if he messes up then so be it..

OleGunnar20

Bailly is incredibly and wildly inconsistent. As likely to have a terrible match as he is a great one. Meanwhile Lindelof is average, but he's consistently average with just the occasional terrible match or very good match. For a central defender the latter probably does win out ahead of the former.

Lindelof was bad enough that Bailly should probably get another chance, but I'll be surprised if he goes five matches without either getting injured or having such a bad match that Ole has to sub him off. Hopefully he proves me wrong because when he is playing well he's great, but I just don't have any confidence in his consistency.

Spot on. The upside for me is that with Bailly - get some luck with injuries and allow him a chance to iron out his admittedly awful concentration issues and you could end up with a stellar defender.

Lindelof however is only ever going to give you average, passive defending, with the odd howler thrown in there for good measure.

If Bailly can stay fit he'd be my first choice next to Maguire any day of the week.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Spot on. The upside for me is that with Bailly - get some luck with injuries and allow him a chance to iron out his admittedly awful concentration issues and you could end up with a stellar defender.

Lindelof however is only ever going to give you average, passive defending, with the odd howler thrown in there for good measure.

If Bailly can stay fit he'd be my first choice next to Maguire any day of the week.
And you will be getting more howlers

That's simply not true, in the only season he played fully he was one of our better players and our best defender

His injury record is worrisome but as others have said he's been fit for a while now so no harm in playing especially seeing the dross served up in front of him

Let him play and if he messes up then so be it..
Bailly came to the club and played well for a few months. At that point you are looking at him, and thinking he’s got some really good potential. The issues were still there, but you hope with time and training that these get ironies out and he improves.

Unfortunately I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s still not rash, and impulsive. He still can’t head the ball, and his positioning is woeful.

He has pace and can tackle, but he’s a poor centre back. Is he worth a chance alongside Maguire, maybe he is because Lindelof is so average. But make no mistake, Bailly is not a player we can rely on.

yfoFC

Bailly came to the club and played well for a few months. At that point you are looking at him, and thinking he’s got some really good potential. The issues were still there, but you hope with time and training that these get ironies out and he improves.

Unfortunately I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s still not rash, and impulsive. He still can’t head the ball, and his positioning is woeful.

He has pace and can tackle, but he’s a poor centre back. Is he worth a chance alongside Maguire, maybe he is because Lindelof is so average. But make no mistake, Bailly is not a player we can rely on.
All we ask is for him to be given a run of games (if his body holds up) and then we can judge whether he is up to it or not.

Is a definite possibility that he can't do worse than who is starting in front of him and there is a chance (however slight it may be) that he can actually do a decent job..

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I hope Ole gives him some games to prove himself again. I really like Bailly, and he's got good pace on him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is one of 3 potential options we must play if we want to play a more expansive game.

croadyman

Frustrating that Ole is only prepared to play him when Lindelof is either injured, rested or suspended

jackal&hyde

Frustrating that Ole is only prepared to play him when Lindelof is either injured, rested or suspended
He's been injured a lot of the time, either not available or building up fitness.

I think this will be Baillys last chance. Needs to stay fit and will become first 11 i'm sure.

Zoo

Looked unsettled in the first half but grew into it. Excellent block on the follow-up to Henderson’s save. We need more bodies on the line defending like that.

Solid game, two nervy clearances in the first half but got better in the 2nd half.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A flawless performance.

hopefully that’s enough to convince ole the partnership works so much better. Maguire can rely on Bailly to bail him out so much more than Lindelöf.

that tackle in the 2nd half where he blitzed across the pitch and slid the ball out of play was the prime example of what Bailly brings to the team.

no sign of his rashness either, just coolness.

Leonzo1

Has to start against Brighton. The guy has massive potential.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Man of the match and life saver today.

Crucial block from the line, great to watch.

Negative Red

Cleared one off the line and made two covering slide tackles with his pace. Happy days. Got to play at the weekend.

King Eric 7

If we're not signing a CB this window then surely we have to give Eric the nod to start with Maguire.

el3mel

Defended well and I generally like him, but it's Luton at the end of the day to be totally honest. Don't think he'll face any worse attackers for the rest of the season. Let's wait a little bit before drawing conclusions.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
He provided the recovery pace that is necessary for a cb partner next to Maguire.

I just wish the bloke could head a football, he seems to jump for headers, haunches up and then makes contact with the ball as he is nearly back on the ground, his heading had been like this ever since he’s been with the club, surely this can be coached out of him?!?

yfoFC

Apart from the fact over 4 years he’s proved he has no positioning, can’t head the ball and is completely reckless.

Add in that he’s injured more often than not, and it he’s not giving away a goal as a result of a brain fart, he’s getting himself sent off.

If I were him, I’d be fuming because at the age of 26 he can’t defend.

I’m no fan of Lindelof, and we all know we need a new CB, but Bailly is not the answer. He’s one of those players whose reputation with some fans has got bigger the more he’s been injured - despite all the evidence showing he’s nowhere near good enough.
I know this isn't too quality opposition but it says something that he outplayed our 80million captain..

The guy deserves a long stint in our starting line up

snowkarl

Do you guys realize we played Luton? People overrate this guy so much. He's only good against defenders he can absolutely dominate in speed and strength.

Rossa

He provided the recovery pace that is necessary for a cb partner next to Maguire.

I just wish the bloke could head a football, he seems to jump for headers, haunches up and then makes contact with the ball as he is nearly back on the ground, his heading had been like this ever since he’s been with the club, surely this can be coached out of him?!?
So he’s equally as bad in the air as Lindelof but better at most other things?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
A decent game against Luton reserves. You know he'll let us down when it matters but then the current alternative is Lindelof so I don't know.

Rossa

I’d play him against Brighton. He covered Maguire a couple of times with his pace. Still does some weird headers though.
That one in the first half where he had all the time in the world and he proceeded to head the ball sofly to an opponent. Funny guy!

not long after he blitzed past awb to cut out a through ball. Amazing physical attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.