Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

A lot of excitement on page two, but it was Luton.

Happy he didn't get injured.

OldTrevil

If, a big one at that, he managed to stay fit it would quickly be clear that our best central defence is Bailly +1

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Bit erratic at times but the good outweighed the bad.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
So he’s equally as bad in the air as Lindelof but better at most other things?
I like bailly, but yes he is atrocious in the air. I still can’t understand how his awful heading technique hasn’t been coached out of him.

DON’T PANIC ™

Had a good game tonight. I’d play him at the weekend.
Still goes to ground too quickly for me at times, but great to have some pace in the centre of defence.

Rossa

I like bailly, but yes he is atrocious in the air. I still can’t understand how his awful heading technique hasn’t been coached out of him.
That being said, he’s not half bad at using his neck to «head» the ball. If he could lesrn to keep his head up whilst jumping, he might be onto something.

TsuWave

It’s only Luton

then why did he have to bail out the captain?

I know this isn't too quality opposition but it says something that he outplayed our 80million captain..

The guy deserves a long stint in our starting line up
I didn’t watch the game tonight, so can’t comment. If, and a big if, he can string some games together then, yes he deserves a go ahead of Lindelof.

Chief123

It’s sad that he’s by far the best CB on the ball at the club. Start him until he inevitably gets hurt again please
He’s the most frustrating player we’ve signed. He has everything to be brilliant but just can’t get a run of games!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Compensated for Maguire's lack of pace, actually cut out some crosses, covered well including for a goal line clearance. If Lindelof starts ahead of him at the weekend Bailly can feel really hard done by.

Jericho

Ole needs to go all-in on Bailly this season. Start him in every game, hope he gets the mistakes out of his system and that the game time and experience wise him up. He's a natural defender, and as has been said many times before he has all the physical attributes needed to be world class.

Mcking

Always seen him as a bomb waiting to go off, but he is a lot more aggressive than Lindelof and brings a certain aura to the defence. I'd start him next game.

Jonesno.8

No doubt context is important here due to the opposition but actually looked very quick and dare I say assured. Always worried hes one tackle away from a Red but better than he has been. We still need a CB, but he wasn't the calamity at the back he has been before. Be good as a squad player and maybe more if he can mature. We need one top top CB for a couple to learn from and who knows.

Shark

@NotShark
Needs to partner Maguire vs Brighton. I don't think I can handle another Lindelof disaster so soon.

A-man

Hard to evaluate when facing Luton, but think he did good for most parts. The big minus is his poor aerial game. He is so weak that most of the time he doesn’t even challenge.

The Original

Hard to evaluate when facing Luton, but think he did good for most parts. The big minus is his poor aerial game. He is so weak that most of the time he doesn’t even challenge.
What on earth are you talking about...He challenged 4 times and won 2...He doesn't tend to make clean contact but saying he is so weak that he doesn't challenge??

The Original

This was exactly the same way he played against Chelsea last season so people need to give it a rest with the "against a championship side" comments.

Andersonson

Valuable 90min. Nice to get some match fitness. Will be rightfully on the bench against Brighton though.

Syphon Wallet

What's the most games in a row he's ever played for us?
Feel like he will really improve with a run of games, if he can somehow superglue his body together.

A-man

What on earth are you talking about...He challenged 4 times and won 2...He doesn't tend to make clean contact but saying he is so weak that he doesn't challenge??
There were occasions where he didn’t even challenge. Not saying it happened every time but the aerial game is one of his weaknesses.

Good game. I'd play him again and soon, see if he can build on it.

Machine Elements

Even an injured Bailly is better than Lindelöf. But watch our manager choose Lindelöf over him against Brighton and we concede another soft goal. Hope Bailly stays injury free and be one of the first choice CBs.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The talent has always be been there, just his rashness and mainly his fitness. You can't have a CB who can't stay fit for long parts of the season.

Shame really, he's a good defender.

mattsville

Yep fitness and mental strength, he is crap aerially, that is not good but he is physically very good, he is not the full package but he would have prevented 2 of the goals we conceded to palace in that particular match, however he will create problems in different games due to lack of aerial dominance and rashness, that said I would rather him than Lindelof, I think everybody would but he just keeps getting injured.

Dominos

We've seen the Maguire Lindelof partnership for a full season and we know it's never going to be more than mediocre and will always have no pace.

I'd play Bailly alongside Magurie consistently to see if they can form a better partnership, and failing that I'd try Tuanzebe. We need some pace in that defence.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You know what the silly thing is?

if he played in Germany or Spain right now he’d be a transfer target. He ticks the box of everything ole wants to play the high line, but for some reason he’s just not been given a proper crack. Hopefully this weekend he can.

what are the stats of maguire and Bailly being partnered? I feel like theyve always been decent together.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The reason he doesn’t play more is because he’s always injured. Simple as that.

kundalini

Good performance overall. Crucial block on the line immediately after Henderson's super save. Used his pace to cut out the danger several times. Lost a few headers that you'd expect a central defender to win.

After Lindelof's nightmare performance against Palace, it might be worth trying Bailly in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.