Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I do not think there is much Maguire can do to stop it unless he wrestles with Kane because Kane fell on the ball and he had the ball all the time
He could have stood right where he was instead of jogging backwards so his mate Harry could take the free kick.

Foxbatt

He could have stood right where he was instead of jogging backwards so his mate Harry could take the free kick.
He was stood there when Kane took the kick. It was kicked between him and AWB who put a leg out too to stop him. There was too much space behind him for Son simply because Bailly went to sleep. Son ran from his half from the time Kane and Maguire tussled for the ball to scoring. He went past AWB and Bailly who simply went to sleep. It was a fair distance for Son to go without Bailly and AWB stopping him.

Baxter

If anyone’s arsed, off holding his hamstring against Belgium.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's fine, one of our other sicknotes has just come back from injury, perfect timing.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Him, Tuanzebe, Jones & Rojo. Four centre backs who can’t stay fit to save their life. Bloody Maguire & Lindelof again all season. Selling Smalling was a disasterstroke.

Superunknown

End of the road for Bailly. He can't be depended on sadly.
It's stupid that he's being given season after season with very few performances and with nothing to show for it.

We hold on to some players for far too long. I'm still amazed that Phil Jones is at our club, too...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Bailly is indeed injured again then there's no road back for him. If I remember correctly his contract expires next summer. Under no circumstances should the club Phil Jones this one. No 'protecting value' with a new deal. If he can't stay fit he's got to be allowed to leave.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We knew this already. The optimism prior to the Spurs match was strange. First of all that he'd stay fit for a long period, and second, that he doesn't make clusters of mistakes.

I feel for him with regards to his fitness issues, he's missed out on so much potential improvement.

It's stupid that he's being given season after season with very few performances and with nothing to show for it.

We hold on to some players for far too long. I'm still amazed that Phil Jones is at our club, too...
He’s no better than Rojo or Jones. All three are utterly useless and all should be binned. Couldn’t care less whether we get zero fee for them.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He was stood there when Kane took the kick. It was kicked between him and AWB who put a leg out too to stop him. There was too much space behind him for Son simply because Bailly went to sleep. Son ran from his half from the time Kane and Maguire tussled for the ball to scoring. He went past AWB and Bailly who simply went to sleep. It was a fair distance for Son to go without Bailly and AWB stopping him.
Watch it again. Kane gets up and Maguire backs up. Yes Bailly was caught out but the opportunity should not have presented itself.

El Zoido

He can have games where he looks unbeatable, but you never know when he’s going to have a total calamity and cost us the game. I definitely never go in to any game with confidence if he’s in the team, and that’s not even taking his injury record in to account.

cptkeane1993

His injury record means he's not reliable and is at best a back-up option for when we need bodies, in the domestic cups, etc to allow the main CB's to rest.
Unfortunately for Bailly, the position of CB - more so than other roles - needs one to stay relatively injury-free

Bristol_Red_87

Just looked at his injury record...21 days out with a "Bruise" in 2017.

See you next season, Eric.

Rajma

Should have been shipped long time ago along with Jones and Rojo but here we’re all them still represent United in 2020. What a shitshow.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Hope you you're fit enough for a medical in Jan Eric.

sillwuka

I feel injuries have hampered his progress but ultimately he's just not a great defender.

He's a good defender on his day that has certain attributes but he can't put the pieces together.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
15.6 appearances on average over the past 3 seasons.

Even Phil Jones plays more than him.

He's glass.

Strats

Came in to write that he might need a run of games to gain some form/confidence just to see he’s apparently injured again.

This is fecking ridiculous

Brophs

The One and Only
Can’t wait to hear how good he’s become after this latest injury.

Leonzo1

Cue people saying he's our best CB in 3 months when he returns from injury. I swear to God our CB's have a deal between themselves to not stay fit for too long so nobody can pick the worst one out of them.

UncleBob

I disagree. The captain and leading CB in the team should not be allowing a quick free kick in his own half.
Harry fails in being cynical, which could've easily been rewarded with a yellow card, while Bailly completely fails at actually defending.

Bailly easily makes the biggest cockup.

Status
Not open for further replies.