Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

A rock at the back. Just stay fit. Probably we won’t need to sign a CB if he stays fit and continues this kind of displays. A proper beast

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That block will have me in a good mood all tomorrow. When the ball dropped I instantly thought "Feck sake..." but he somehow got a leg to it.

Redlyn

Put him in a padded zero gravity room until the next game please.

OL29

Well Lindelof would have had about 2/3 errors by now so he's doing a good job i'd say.
Yeah, I find the backhanded compliments towards Bailly a little unfair given the frequency of mistakes made by our other CBs.

automaticflare

Man I hate / live Bailly

he is exactly what we need to partner Maguire but he is just a maniac.

I haven’t seen a replay or a slow mo but I think his tackle today is a red card for example (would love to see a replay) when he got booked

Rollercoaster.

KennyBurner

We must protect him at all cost. Our best ball playing CB. I also love how he evades pressure by not being afraid to dribble forward with the ball. If he can remain this consistent we wont need to waste money on a new CB.

stevoc

Very good tonight, the thing that i liked the most was that he kept it simple for the most part. No crazy kung-fu clearances or tackles and no acrobatics. I hope he can stay fit if he maintains this form.

Kag

When he’s fit and in form he is basically exactly the kind of centre back everybody is clamouring for to partner Maguire.

I’m not getting excited yet. We’ve been here before.

sillwuka

I've seriously underrated him because of his calamitous nature and inability to stay fit.

What I did love today though - he was so calm when being pressed using a feint or a movement to beat his man and bring the ball forward. I loved that composure from Eric tonight, well played.

Reiver

I've defended Lindelof but Bailly has been a breath of fresh air these past two games.
He likes to step up early, for an interception or a tackle and is generally very good at it. He does seem to get one horrendously wrong every now and then, leaving us open to conceding or him getting booked or worse. Still, I think he looks less danger prone than he used to and I hope the good form continues.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
When he is on such form he is easily the best defender in the club.

But first he must remain injury-free, and 2nd he must play with more consistency.

RepardReece

Said it all along. Bailly is a class defender when fit. Seen regular comments on the Cafe slating him when he's played over the past few years after coming back from an injury - They're all muppets and he's shown in these past few games why we bought him.

He continues this form and stays injury free (doubtful), I don't think we'd need another CB. Makes the occasional hiccup but I've not enjoyed watching a Defender play more since Vidic.

Lindelof would be a good backup, then we have Tuanzebe who looks very promising when called upon.

KennyBurner

He is our best ball playing center back. He dribbles without fear and is not afraid to play passes between the lines. Many times in this game he evaded pressure by dribbling forward instead of taking the cowardly approach to clear the ball and give back possession. Healthy bailly and we have options.

RedIan

In his first season i said hes the best centre back at the club, fast hard tackler and good on the ball - then it all went down hill, injury after injury and on his comebacks he always seemed to make a complete howler that gave a way a goal. His head always dropped and he looked utter shite, like a rabbit in the headlight....
Yet here he is, motm 2 games running and looking like the answer to our centre back issues..... stay fit Eric, your due some luck here.

Adamsk7

He’s our best defender when fit and not going mental. Simple as.

RuudTom83

Just needs to stay injury free! The last 2 games have been a good reminder of the qualities he has...but can he stay fit for a long spell?

Eternitiy

How has no one commented on that tackle he was given a yellow? That was horrific and dangerous, should have been a red card 100%. That's why I will never be comfortable with Bailly. There was absolutely no reason for him to make that tackle at all, and he flew into it a full force.

Quinzaine

With 2 minutes left, he and AWB were in the corner, pressed in, maybe 2 yards apart and he tried this ridiculous dink pass to the FB that a Villa player just headed out. It was ridiculous. Even if it gets through what can AWB do?
Just Bailly things
that's what you took from probably the best CB performance from a United player in years? Interesting

city-puma

He was absolutely excellent today. Before getting the yellow card, he completely shut down Watkins who is so good as the target man, and won almost every duel against him. After the yellow card, he could not be too aggressive. Watkins got some breathing space. But still, did well.
please, Eric, just don’t hurt yourself and keep injury free.

Blood Mage

When he plays well he's a beast, he just needs to keep fit and build consistency. If he was consistent he'd be the best CB we have.

pascell

Its his touches in close quarters when under pressure which are very good, always buys himself room. He's also good at bringing the ball out, strong in the air, he just needs to stay fit and not have the lapses in concentration.

RUCK4444

He is our best ball playing center back. He dribbles without fear and is not afraid to play passes between the lines. Many times in this game he evaded pressure by dribbling forward instead of taking the cowardly approach to clear the ball and give back possession. Healthy bailly and we have options.
Yeah he was excellent tonight. Particularly liked these runs forward, it’s a great asset to have for a CB.

We all know he has a mental side but if it weren’t for injuries I think he would have established himself as a starter in this team by now.

When he’s ‘on it’ he’s impressive.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

What instrumental is this? Feel like it's Kendrick Lamar and I've got this beat stuck in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.