Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Hindsight is a beautiful thing but I was concerned that we swapped him out for Lindelof. I thought we'd have been better letting Lindelof play at the weekend and Bailly last night and then next Tuesday.
Yeah that was what sensible managers would have done but Ole is obsessed with playing this pair even though it clearly is a liability and just doesn't work at all
In logic, it would have been better and sounds sensible move. But we don’t have the fitness data to proves or support the logic right. Bailly has played 90 minutes from Everton, Leicester, Wolves & Aston Villa non-stop. May be it’s so much risk to play him in that 5th one.

A-man

He’ll most likely play tonight and he is perfect CB against weaker teams.

A-man

Who are our better CBs to play against top sides?
Lindelof and Maguire have a great record against top strikers and also against top teams, but worse record against weaker teams. Baillys strengths are worth more against teams that back home plus there is smaller risk he is over played.

MetoTTT

Lindelof and Maguire have a great record against top strikers and also against top teams, but worse record against weaker teams. Baillys strengths are worth more against teams that back home plus there is smaller risk he is over played.
It's more to do with OGS playing a low block and 2 DM to protect them vs these kind of top sides maybe...

A-man

It's more to do with OGS playing a low block and 2 DM to protect them vs these kind of top sides maybe...
Yes we play more defensive when we face top teams, and they are good at defending in those cases. Bailly is strong at winning back the ball and valuable against weaker teams who we need to dominate. They are also too poor to explore his weaknesses. Tonight I expect him to be very good as the opponents suit him perfectly.

PoTMS

Typical. That's two FA Cup games in a row now where he's been twatted by his teammate.

Foxbatt

Hope he is not out. It's like Smalling kicking Jones during practice for England and Jones being out for a few months.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some pretty pathetic comments regarding him in the match thread when it was his own keeper who recklessly flew into the back of him and kneed him in the head.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Some pretty pathetic comments regarding him in the match thread when it was his own keeper who recklessly flew into the back of him and kneed him in the head.
Couldn’t believe people blaming him for getting injured

Ridiculous, wasn't it? I can understand the frustrations with his injury record but what's the lad supposed to do about Henderson kung-fu kicking him in the back of the head??

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ridiculous, wasn't it? I can understand the frustrations with his injury record but what's the lad supposed to do about Henderson kung-fu kicking him in the back of the head??
While I do agree with you, I also couldn't figure out why Bailly had his head down that low. The only thing I can think of is that he saw/heard Henderson coming so was trying to get out of his way.

While I do agree with you, I also couldn't figure out why Bailly had his head down that low. The only thing I can think of is that he saw/heard Henderson coming so was trying to get out of his way.
Either that, or he decided clearing it with his foot at head height was the optimal choice. Would be a very Bailly move, that.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Good news. Gonna need him against Burnley cos Lindelof would get bullied.

A-man

Think the defence was a bit shaky at times in first half. Wouldn’t be strange since it was a new formation with players who has played little, and never together in this formation. Was ok but not his best match. He is normally good at passing but misplaced a few risky ones today. Have a good jump but still weak in the air, especially in the box.

The injury is worrying, as we don’t know Lindelof’s status and Maguire is one card away from suspension. If it’s a concussion it’s normally minimum 6-10 days before you can play or train football with tackles and headings. That would mean he’s out for Burnley and probably also Liverpool. But we don’t know how bad it is.

I wouldn’t say it was his own fault, but I was also thinking what the hell was he doing. Two other players went all-in for the ball and he kind of crouched away in the middle of it.

Holters

Hope it was just precautionary.
What? It was definitely the right call to sub him off. The guy could barely stand at his feet, looked wobbly, etc. Would be madness to send him back onto the pitch. This is a prime example why you shouldn't leave the decision to play on to the players themselves, but let the medical staff make the call.

Dan_F

I don’t think we’d have played him against Liverpool anyway to be honest, but he might have played against Burnley. He should be fine for the Fulham game.

Longlivekeano

———————De Gea———————

AwB—-Lindelof—MaGuire—Shaw

——————Fred——McTominay—

—————————Bruno——————

-Rashford———Cavani——Martial

4-0
Cavani 4 goals

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What? It was definitely the right call to sub him off. The guy could barely stand at his feet, looked wobbly, etc. Would be madness to send him back onto the pitch. This is a prime example why you shouldn't leave the decision to play on to the players themselves, but let the medical staff make the call.
Think it was more a loss of balance which can happen when you get hit in the ear area, as you say though it’s not worth taking the risk and they rightly took the side of caution.

the good news is he seems to be ok and wanted to continue - so the “he’s always injured sell him” brigade can take a week off.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Thank god he's okay. Looked just like a knock to me but you never know with head injuries. Doesn't he get all sorts of different injuries over his time here rather than reoccuring ones?

A-man

When Ole said he’s fine and there is no concussion, it seems to be his own conclusion:

"It’s his neck I think,” Solskjaer said following the 1-0 win. “His head is fine. There is no concussion or anything like that.

“But we have got to do scans.”

To me it sounds that Ole’s best guess was that his head is fine and only the neck took some damage. But the medical staff want to do a scan to see if there is any bleedings or swelling inside his head, or what ever you see in a scan. There is probably a standard protocol for this kind of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.