Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Rumour is Eric was furious with being left out against AC Milan and wants out.
Saw that on Twitter too.

I prefer him to Lindelof but that's not saying much. He can't stay fit so if he left the biggest loss would be his character.

stevoc

Saw that on Twitter too.

I prefer him to Lindelof but that's not saying much. He can't stay fit so if he left the biggest loss would be his character.
I probably do too he's definitely the type of defender we need alongside Maguire but he's just so injury prone. To be honest it does seem a bit rich for him to be ''furious'' at being left out when he's missed so many games through injury over the last 5 years.

Rolaholic

Didn't expect such a quick reported deterioration :(, bloody shame as I still believe he's at worst the 2nd best CB in the squad

sugar_kane

Such a bizarre story this one, I feel like he's done fairly well for game time as a percentage of the occasions he's actually been fit to play.

Despite having a high top level he's also a bit of a liability sometimes, and should be grateful to at least be getting regular game time at this level when fit - which is not very often.

I could understand frustrated, but furious? It's weird and makes me worry a bit about the state of the dressing room in general for someone seemingly so popular amongst the lads to have this mindset.

Jericho

Rumour is Eric was furious with being left out against AC Milan and wants out.
Give him what he wants so.

If that's true he has some f**king neck to be at this given how little he's contributed in his time here.

Sylar

He has no right to be furious, he's been here five years and he's unreliable.

If he wants out so be it, let him go. None of this offer him a contract to try and raise his price bollocks. Get him out and get another cb

united for life

he’s a good defender. Injuries impacted him a lot. He can not claim he is a regular starter unless he has a good run without being injured.

Lappen

No way he is leaving... this must be his agents way of negotiation.
His life is just to good to be true and he want another 5 years of this.

Didn't he just played his 100 game for us? In four years! And the first year he played around 35 games.
Bruno cant be far away from 100 games in a year and a half.

And who will pay let's say 20-25 mil £ and his salary, and only get 20-25 games a year out of him.
Naaa, he gets another 4 years, a small wage increase, and he will be smiling when signing the contract.
I think he is good when he is fit, and hes speed suites partnering Maguire better than Lindelöf in more games than what he plays. But the smartest thing is probably to sell if there really is someone willing to pay what we want for him.

croadyman

He should be ahead of Lindelof or Maguire but only gets a look in when either is injured or suspended

A-man

Are we really sure all this is true? And it's not just another injury?

Tiber

To be fair if anyone was likely to catch it it's Bailly. Is there any injury the lad hasn't had?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
That should mean his season is over? How long he has left on contract?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
10 days later, still unavailable. Just when we actually need him. FFS.
I'm not sure what the current protocol is for returning to England after you've tested positive for COVID in another country but the only thing to lament here is pointless international football matches during a global pandemic.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doubt he would have played anyway, he's going to be shelved now until the summer until he's either sold or signs a new contract.

A-man

Extending with Bailly and guaranteeing him more game time. That guarantee/reassurance can only be that they have told him they won’t sign another CB this summer.

Based Adnan

A player who has played 62 games in all competitions in the last 4 seasons has secured himself a new long term deal at Manchester United

Sounds about right

L1nk

Club gives a contract to someone chronically injured, I expect absolutely nothing less, absolutely unbelievable. All we ever seem to do is give contracts out far too early, give contracts to people who wildly underperform and aren't worth the wage increase, or give contracts to crocks, it absolutely blows my damn mind.

TsuWave

Good stuff. Has outperformed the regular CB pairing multiple times. Hopefully gets a real chance if the team is picked on merit

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Club gives a contract to someone chronically injured, I expect absolutely nothing less, absolutely unbelievable. All we ever seem to do is give contracts out far too early, give contracts to people who wildly underperform and aren't worth the wage increase, or give contracts to crocks, it absolutely blows my damn mind.
How many of those was he available for and not used?

Yes he's had his injury problems in the past but 2 of them were unlucky.

Would you use the same excuse for Luke Shaw? doubt it. Bailly is a good player and still young.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kicked up a fuss in March and a month later he has a new contract. Nice.

L1nk

Would you use the same excuse for Luke Shaw? doubt it. Bailly is a good player and still young.
Luke Shaw broke his leg, it's not the same, you afford someone that time to recover.

This has Phil Jones energy all over it, which I was also wildly against.

peridigm

Not surprised. Cheaper to keep a player we already have than it is to sign a replacement.
Does not mean he won't be sold down the line but if he does not stay fit, who will want him?

Gandalf

The defensive Lingard. How many people realise he is older than Lindelof. I don't mind Eric and I hope he stays fit but he is not suddenly going to find another level and he does not improve us at all. The reality is that this is as clear an indication as we have had that despite the press gossip we won't be signing a new CB this summer.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Well so no top class CB incoming this summer. I hope at least we save the money for a CDM and not spend everything on one forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.