6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

One of his crazy days. Hope he got it out of his system because we're going to need him over the next 2 weeks.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His intervals are too long to sustain focus, needs to play and string more games to finally catch that rhythm.

This contract so far could be the biggest gamble from Ole, but then again Cavani turned quite good.

SAFMUTD

Wonder how there are some people here thinking he's the best CB at the club.

stevoc

What the feck was he doing so far out of his box on Maguries side making a two footed tackle on Dzeko to give away the free kick? Then followed that up by playing them on for their 1st, still plays like a raw 18 year old.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Always been a fan of Bailly's but what can you say about tonight? You just hope its a lack of match fitness, especially as we've just given him a new contract and I reckon they'll be as many takers for him as there have been for Rojo and Jones.

Djemba-Djemba

Clumsy sloppy shite performance full of stupid errors.

Just surprised he didn't go off injured to get the full vintage Bailly game.

Drz

Very poor performance and uninterested at times.
Bordering on unprofessional, but not the only one on the pitch that gave me that vibe.

A-man

Defence crumbles when he plays. He was all over the place and absolutely refused to ever get in line with Maguire. Maguire spent a lot of time having to cover for him against Mkhitaryan when Bailly went walkabouts.
This is exactly why I think he’s a poor partner for Maguire.

Maguire’s strength is to push, to win duels both on the ground and in the air. He needs a CB colleague who covers the space behind him, who anticipates when Maguire attacks the ball etc. Bailly is not that player type.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good lord he's a donkey, I hope we've resigned him with an eye on sell on value because he's shite.
It was a very bizzare decision to give him a new contract. Same as it was with Jones and Rojo. Players should be made to earn their contracts, even discounting ability he's barely ever available.

GledTheRed

It was a very bizzare decision to give him a new contract. Same as it was with Jones and Rojo. Players should be made to earn their contracts, even discounting ability he's barely ever available.
Truly bizarre, he's a walking red card when he isn't actually crocked. Like you say rewarded for mediocrity, we still need a centre back as he and Axel are made of glass and crap.

It's just incredible how he can look so amazing and so shit at the same time, don't think I've ever seen a defender like him.
As a footballer (not a defender) the run in the first half when he strode up the pitch like Beckenbauer and then ended up shitting it like Titus Bramble just sums him up. Brilliant to shit in the blink of an eye.

The Hilton

Abject performance tonight, constantly lost Mhiki giving him clear cut chances that we're lucky he missed. Some silly fouls and that great run followed by an awful pass, hopefully he improves with game time

Jaxa

I swear Bailly is living on a career being the guy with "funny vibes" rather than elite footballer,

Seriously, if he had the personality of James Milner would we all be loving him as much ? Personally I think he's a great laugh but their comes a time when you just think how is this guy playing for us still ?

All we need now is a Phil Jones resurrection and then Murtough bumping a few extra years on to his contact for nostalgia sakes

Foxbatt

I swear Bailly is living on a career being the guy with "funny vibes" rather than elite footballer,

Seriously, if he had the personality of James Milner would we all be loving him as much ? Personally I think he's a great laugh but their comes a time when you just think how is this guy playing for us still ?

All we need now is a Phil Jones resurrection and then Murtough bumping a few extra years on to his contact for nostalgia sakes
:lol: :lol: :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I still don't understand why did we even give Bailly a new contract. Really makes no sense. Ole doesn't trust him to be capable challenging Maguire-Lindelof partnership and he's injury prone. In logic, the club would have see it and move on from him to buy new centre back who can stay fit and be challenger.

Foxbatt

I hope he plays in the rest of the matches once we are sure of CL. He is so entertaining.

stevoc

He's starting to make me doubt my sanity, there is definitely a very good player in him, right?
Yes there is a personality in there that's a very good player. But there's also a lunatic personality in there that rarely lets the good player out.

Gordon S

Must be a nightmare to play both with and against. Absolutely impossible to predict what he is going to do next.
Absolutely smash an oppo in the middle of the pitch for no reason, check.
Just run 70m with the ball, give it away without any pressure at all then slowly walk back, check

hubbuh

A big part of his loveableness is how he plays football, though. Reckless, mad, absolutely no consideration given to the welfare of himself or the person he's taking down. He's not just a wacky personality off the pitch which would be boring and would give him much less allowance.

I think it's really harsh to judge centre backs coming in for one game and effectively writing them off. The majority of centre backs need a run of consistent games to look anything like a decent footballer. Chucking them in once in a blue moon and then wondering why they failed to impress seems ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.