Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Inconsistent as always but he's the first United CB since Vidic who's best pieces of play make me marvel. Smalling is in with a shout too.

MattofManchester

I think it's easy to forget how much of a bright young defender he was considered when we first signed him.

After his injuries, he's had a great many brainless moments and they'll probably continue, but on that performance, he has to start over the other calamity.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I think it's just the quickness and vigorousness of his actions are SUCH a contrast to the ponderousness of Harry at his worst (and Victor to a certain extent) that comes as such a refreshing surprise.

Based Adnan

A half decent performance vs Atalanta (where he was partially at fault for a goal) really had some convinced

You can't trust him, has proven it for 5 years

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Classic Bailly.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’d much rather have a defender make a mistake trying something rather than not bothering.

Both goals were horrendous to succeed but you’ve got 2 defenders shifting responsibility on one where as the first is a feck up. Both bad but better contact from Bailly & that might end up in the stands where as the Chuckle Brothers at the back post we’re never getting a good result as they did nothing.

MDFC Manager

I don't like him, he's a squad player at best, but he's been scapegoated today.

marktan

Took 1 game for him to revert back to the norm.

still maintain it was he who fecked it for the 2nd goal against Atlanta.

Nick7

Took 1 game for him to revert back to the norm.

still maintain it was he who fecked it for the 2nd goal against Atlanta.
Happens literally every time he comes back. Has one not awful performance and people are singing his praises forgetting that 95% of his performances for us have been utterly woeful.

You can't blame him for that. Every week somebody is making these mistakes, it's because they don't know what to do or where to be.

Lindelof proved it by doing almost the same thing, if we sit on our own goal line and invite endless crosses across the face of goal, eventually one will go in.

redpatron

unfair judgement on eric. hows this guy suppose to get any confidence and form going if he gets pulled after every mistake. You have two clowns on the left side doing nothing excepting fecking up, leaking goals and the manager refuses to replace them.

Seanus

DDG could easily have got that if he came off his line, opened his mouth and told Billy to leave it......

MagooDad

You can't blame him for that. Every week somebody is making these mistakes, it's because they don't know what to do or where to be.

Lindelof proved it by doing almost the same thing, if we sit on our own goal line and invite endless crosses across the face of goal, eventually one will go in.
Lindelöf got shot at, Bailly lunged for a ball that two defenders had covered.

RedIan

Unfortunate today after being class midweek, his lack of composure will always see such moments,

Lindelöf got shot at, Bailly lunged for a ball that two defenders had covered.
As he should have. He doesn't know what's behind him, a defender should always clear the danger first and foremost.

United in sin

Own goal aside he was the only CB who looked physically up for city's challenge, and he wasn't hopelessly passing the ball to his fullback or losing possession under the press like Lindelof and Maguire

Lyng

One mistake today and out. Meanwhile Maguire and Shaw keep playing....

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Thought Maguire or Lindelof should have been subbed before him

loved his little dribble into the city half progressing the play

Redlyn

Pretty standard Bailly. Looks like a solid defender but manages to be a liability every other match.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
As he should have. He doesn't know what's behind him, a defender should always clear the danger first and foremost.
I'm not sure punting it into your own net qualifies as clearing the danger.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bailly = Mistake

However another mistake was that Bailly should have been the central player not the RCB.

What's the point of having our best on the ball defenders at CB and LCB? Better at RCB and LCB - but you know Ole is useless.

redpatron

I'm not sure punting it into your own net qualifies as clearing the danger.
you are absolutely right, he should be more like Shaw and Maguire and watch the ball pass by them so the opposition can score a tap in

Brophs

The One and Only
you are absolutely right, he should be more like Shaw and Maguire and watch the ball pass by them so the opposition can score a tap in
I imagine there’s a middle ground between those two very different shitshows.

IhabX7

Thought Maguire or Lindelof should have been subbed before him

loved his little dribble into the city half progressing the play
Our only positive move the entire game. He got subbed off because he's an easy target after the own goal.

RUCK4444

Even when he’s very good he has a mistake in him (see Zapata goal.)

He provides more errors and sick notes than he provides top performances, get rid.

One of many I would get rid of next summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That dribble followed by a step over created our best chance in the first half.

United in sin

Bailly = Mistake

However another mistake was that Bailly should have been the central player not the RCB.

What's the point of having our best on the ball defenders at CB and LCB? Better at RCB and LCB - but you know Ole is useless.
Bailly is our best CB on the ball. How can you stomach how many times Maguire loses the ball under the press? It happened a lot today, and when he dithers on the ball he simply passes it back to Lindelof or Shaw, surrounded by opposition players

Marwood

unfair judgement on eric. hows this guy suppose to get any confidence and form going if he gets pulled after every mistake. You have two clowns on the left side doing nothing excepting fecking up, leaking goals and the manager refuses to replace them.
He's been the primary cause of two goals in his last two games.

The guys on the left are currently shocking but you can't replace them with this guy. He's a disaster. The odd bit of acrobatics won't change that.

Bebestation

Bailly is our best CB on the ball. How can you stomach how many times Maguire loses the ball under the press? It happened a lot today, and when he dithers on the ball he simply passes it back to Lindelof or Shaw, surrounded by opposition players
Really? I think Lindelof is better. The Lindelof pass to Rashford's goal couple games before I don't see Bailly doing that.

Maguire is whack i do admit but I feel he is the most comfortable on the left side of the pitch.

Ollie Derbyshire

Bailly = Mistake

Yeah I though this was strange, I’d have had Bailly as CB due to pace as well.

united for life

Would still start him over Maguire next week. He made a mistake today. Harry has made lots of them leading to a goal already this season.

Bebestation

Yeah I though this was strange, I’d have had Bailly as CB due to pace as well.
Yeah id have Bailly as the pacey player trying to make up for Lindelof or Maguires mistakes - instead he was doing that first off at RCB which lead to the own goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.