Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Indeed. A wild desperate lunge under no pressure. Thought his positioning was consistently poor with AWB as well, they were too far apart too often. All the defenders had bad moments today though. Confidence is in the toilet.
His poor positioning puts him in many difficult situations, that’s for sure. Add a bit of poor decision making and it’s not so strange Ole prefers the other CBs even when they are on bad patches like Maguire.

He posted pictures of his own goal. Never seen that before.
:lol::lol::lol:

He must have literally googled “Eric Bailly own goal Manchester Derby”, sorted by date, then clicked on the one he liked, held a finger down and chose “add to photos” and then uploaded the saved pic from his WhatsApp “goals” album to Twitter and IG.

While thinking “this is a noble thing to do, I’m owning my mistake. Fans will appreciate this.”

Bailly gonna Bailly.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
100% sure there are tons of people are more frustrated than Bailly. Footballer life is just playing, having a bad game, the next day moved on as they are getting paid lot of money. Lot of the fans are thinking about this every day as they are being tortured with shit show from the club they love. I wasn't surprised at all when he made that own goal, he has it in him. I don't think we can blame on a player who was born with clumsiness and being reckless.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
His poor positioning puts him in many difficult situations, that’s for sure. Add a bit of poor decision making and it’s not so strange Ole prefers the other CBs even when they are on bad patches like Maguire.
It is a cliche. But we all know that there is always a mistake coming. These are primarily because of his poor balance and body position. Both could be coached out... but have not and continue to occur.

Longshanks

Good a defending a high line and one on one, not so good at defending deep under his own crossbar.

keener

I thought Bailly was our best defender as well. He's so athletic and likely we'd need to accept the good with the bad with him as I don't think he's world class potential due to lack of polish, but he is likely the most physical, strongest, most aggressive, quickest, fastest player on the line every time he's on the pitch. So that does offer opportunities. I'd frankly like to see him alongside Verane for a run of games.

Bailly is 90% a top defender (when fit). The other 10% is just constant brain farts.

He reminds me of Jones in a way, entertaining to watch and looks good making last ditch tackles - but the last dtich, kamakazi defending is because he's out of position in the first place.

TempusFugit

He hasn't been injured for a quite a while, seems to have put that behind him no? I feel 10 times more confident watching him go against an opposition striker or winger than Maguire. He should be playing alongside Varane, we could be choking opposition teams with their ability to stay up the pitch due to their recovery pace. Bailly is a fine squad option. We already got the dodgy game against City out of the way, he'll be worldclass against whoever we face next :lol:

Rumors flying around that AC Milan are looking at him.

MasterCode

I can't create a thread so thought here would be great. Just finished watching Rio's interview with Kompany, and a thought came to my head about Bailly.

I'm a big fan of Bailly think as a defender he is probably our most talented outside of Varane. Sadly he has some noteable moments of misfortune. Not to mention his injuries are another thing that goes against him, but equally like him Kompany battled similar issues, IMO that's not a reason to bench someone when they are clearly more talented to help the team. Other people would be of different opinion we can agree to disagree.

But the main observation that came to me, I look at VVD and look at his career through Celtic then Southampton to finally where he's now what he is. I look at Vincent, Rio, Anderlecth, Hamburg and West Ham, Leeds.

Then I look at Bailly he only had 40apps in the top flight before joining United that's not even half of some of the premier CBs that I've listed. Now this isn't me saying he is on their level. But I wonder if Bailly had a Southampton before his Man Utd stint would he have been a more dominant CB getting all those lapses out his game? Just something which popped into my head while watching.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Hope he takes his chance, which means not scoring an OG and not getting injured. Harry needs to sort himself out.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We're assuming Chelsea on the weekend since Maguire is suspended.
Oh right yeah.

I'd put Matic as one of our players to protect Lindelof and Bailly / so they can sometimes play in a back 3 aswell if needed.

Water Melon

I will not be surprised to see Bailly stay and become one of our most important defenders. If he is willing to adapt, he could play a very important role under Rangnick. A very brainfart-less Eric can become our starting CB quite soon.

Zen86

People will be saying he’s going to be this awesome defender in another 4 managers time. The guy is a fecking liability and always will be.

Ixion

I thought he was alright, especially considering his lack of minutes this season

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I don't get, all of sudden great vs strong team.

Such a random, unpredictable (probably for himself too) player.

redpatron

maybe it wasn't Ole's short leash or babysitting dogshite Maguire, but he was more composed than normal. Wasn't erratic and goofing off, jumping into people for no reasons, in good positions most of the game. The most IQ shown Bailly since his first season with Valencia.

city-puma

he is superb today! Why has he always been deployed at RCB before? He is excellent at LCB.

SAFMUTD

I think he has a real shot of starting along with Varane. His physicality is superb, he's also really skilled on the ball. If he can get rid of those braindead moments he's a nailed starter.

TheMitz

Would love to see him playing alongside Varane, he would have a satisfying influence on him.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Really impressed with Bailly over the last 18 months to be honest. His injuries are the biggest concern for me because that’s the main issue with him getting a run of games.

But as another poster said, his ceiling is very high. Would love to see him getting more gametime and staying fit.

Water Melon

I think he has a real shot of starting along with Varane. His physicality is superb, he's also really skilled on the ball. If he can get rid of those braindead moments he's a nailed starter.
Seconded. Ralf, hopefully, will help him cut out his rashness. A cool headed Eric would complement Rafael really well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope he stays fit and get run of games. He had very good game.

zenith

No need to let Maguire back without the need to fight for his place

Good performance from him. I really wish he wouldn't do Cruyff turns in our own box though.

Status
Not open for further replies.