Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

I said after his last game, it’s Bailly’s-law that a good performance will be followed by a mess in the next game, every single time.

twitter thread suggester
Chaos is the perfect word to describe him. He was all over the place today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
made an important block right at the end to stop a shot on target. obviously took a few minutes to get adjusted to the pace of the game.

A-man

Not easy to come on like this. We just scored 1-0 and the pressure is on. I can easily forgive a mistimed pass or header, but I still think the decision to dribble his way out at 1-0 can’t be blamed on that. He’s always doing that and it is just really really poor judgement. I know there are a lot of people who love it, but for me it is something he should have removed from his repertoire 10 years ago.

AneRu

Any idea why this is the case? Did Varane or Maguire pick up a knock?
It was madness to allow him to go out knowing Lindelof has COVID and Varane is just coming back from a longish lay off and how injury prone he is. I know Bailly has flaws but he is not the only one with them but the way he is locked out of real contention for a starting bearth must be demoralizing.

Even Jones can do better than Maguire now, we have seen him play better but the way Maguire is allowed months and months of poor form whilst a single mistake in a good performance by Bailly results in the hammer doesn't bode well for good morale.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Any idea why this is the case? Did Varane or Maguire pick up a knock?
It was madness to allow him to go out knowing Lindelof has COVID and Varane is just coming back from a longish lay off and how injury prone he is. I know Bailly has flaws but he is not the only one with them but the way he is locked out of real contention for a starting bearth must be demoralizing.

Even Jones can do better than Maguire now, we have seen him play better but the way Maguire is allowed months and months of poor form whilst a single mistake in a good performance by Bailly results in the hammer doesn't bode well for good morale.
I've also heard rumors of Ralf trying a 3412 formation which take with a grain of salt but might be for that

I think its just for caution though as you usually don't drop your captain for better or worse , and Ralf probably sticks to his preferred line up

Based Adnan

Unreliable in every sense of the word both in terms of performances and fitness

stevoc

Get a chance to impress, make a mistake that leads to a goal, then get injured and go missing for a few weeks/months.

The Bailly cycle.

Satsuma United

Classic Bailly, his mistake leads to a goal and gets injured.

I still cant believe Ole didnt sell him, time for Ralf to step up as soon as possible and do the right thing, sell him and replace him with a fit reliable young CB.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Love how he resolves one on one situations. Shame about injury. He is mad, he is injury prone but i like him. I don't why...

Rossa

Love how he resolves one on one situations. Shame about injury. He is mad, he is injury prone but i like him. I don't why...
It’s difficult not to, and it’s still so easy to believe that if the stars align, he can be the beat damn centre back in the game. Then he goes and have the touch of a donkey and later gets injured.

Saddy

It looked more like cramp but a cheeky niggle might stop him going to the the AFCON and work in our favour - still looks capable of being our most mobile and best CB

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It looked more like cramp but a cheeky niggle might stop him going to the the AFCON and work in our favour - still looks capable of being our most mobile and best CB
Capable and mobile in the sense he doesn't need a stretcher to get to the physio?

stevoc

Seriously is this a joke?

DickDastardly

Yeah. He knows how to use his body in defensive situations.

If only his body responded well.
I mean feck me, it's almost a meme right now.
The man can finish a game without getting injured.

If he could stay healthy and get a good run of games....let's say 10 games in a row....pair him with Varane....that would be something.

Woodenlung

He's simply a rubbish defender. Bailly could have been a good player for us, had he remained injury free. But his fitness has been appalling, and he has never been able to develop his game beyond his initial promise.

When he first signed from Villarreal he was potentially a world class defender. His athleticism was excellent and generally he made good decisions. But following his first bad injury, he has never once had an uninterrupted run of games. He's 27 years old, which should be the point of his career where he no longer makes the errors of his younger days, and has the athleticism to dominate opposition forwards.

But his lack of games means he still plays like a 21 year old. Touch under pressure is poor, and he loves dribbling inside his own box. It may be funny and memorable, but it's utterly stupid.

stevoc

He's simply a rubbish defender. Bailly could have been a good player for us, had he remained injury free. But his fitness has been appalling, and he has never been able to develop his game beyond his initial promise.

When he first signed from Villarreal he was potentially a world class defender. His athleticism was excellent and generally he made good decisions. But following his first bad injury, he has never once had an uninterrupted run of games. He's 27 years old, which should be the point of his career where he no longer makes the errors of his younger days. But his lack of games means he still plays like a 21 year old.
I used to think that but maybe he doesn't give a feck and just does the things in games he enjoys.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Unreliable in every sense of the word both in terms of performances and fitness
He had one error in whole game. Everything else he did good.
And it wasn't some huge error. Some of you behaving like he had lost a ball in penalty area. He had bad luck that he was playing with partner who can't do basic defending. After he lost a ball, his partner was in perfect position to cover him and stop Lennon.
His fitness IS and will be an issue

United in sin

When he first signed from Villarreal he was potentially a world class defender. His athleticism was excellent and generally he made good decisions. But following his first bad injury, he has never once had an uninterrupted run of games. He's 27 years old, which should be the point of his career where he no longer makes the errors of his younger days, and has the athleticism to dominate opposition forwards.

But his lack of games means he still plays like a 21 year old. Touch under pressure is poor, and he loves dribbling inside his own box. It may be funny and memorable, but it's utterly stupid.
Where's the restraint you're calling for in the Maguire thread? Bailly is fourth choice and did a better job today than that sorry excuse for a captain we have

stevoc

Do you understand the word capable ?

We don't have anyone that you could say is the best CB at the club do we ?
I do yes do you understand that Varane plays for United and Bailly is only a year younger than him? Bailly will never reach his level.

People still talking about what Eric could potentially do as if he's still 22. He's going on 28 and the finished article now, this is his level.

SAFMUTD

Such a waste really, can't think of many defenders so physically and technically gifted as him. I he only had a better football brain and was injury free he would be a total beast.

redpatron

People overreacting, that wasn't a legit injury. He saw the clock it was 65 minutes, game was over, didn't want to miss AFCON kicked the ball out and faked the injury. I think the coaches forgot and you can see Fletcher tell him to sit down so they can sub him. He didn't even need any medical attention when Harry and the staff came over.

Status
Not open for further replies.