Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
4th in the pecking order is why. Lindelof is trusted more than him.
As is Jones.

And I can see that he is down the pecking order, however, I do wonder why. Obviously, much has already been said about the form of our captain, who, on form, should be last in the pecking order this season. Then Bailly himself has impressed when given the chance. Excellent at Stamford Bridge, one man defence away in Atalanta too, yet can barely get on the bench.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
As is Jones.

And I can see that he is down the pecking order, however, I do wonder why. Obviously, much has already been said about the form of our captain, who, on form, should be last in the pecking order this season. Then Bailly himself has impressed when given the chance. Excellent at Stamford Bridge, one man defence away in Atalanta too, yet can barely get on the bench.
If I had the choice, I would start him more often. I dont think he has as many mistakes in him as people make out that he does.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Naturally.

Think it’s been quite widely mentioned that he was particularly pissed off at Maguire’s selection against Leicester, when he just about made it due to injury and Bailly was fit and ready to play but Ole overlooked him. Didn’t help that Maguire then went to turn in a performance of Bramble proportions.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
If I had the choice, I would start him more often. I dont think he has as many mistakes in him as people make out that he does.
Unfortunately he is a scapegoat for many posters as he is prone to the odd brainstorm, but all in all I would rather have Bailly and Jones in the back four than Lindelof and Maguire, the choice between two players who will give 100% every match, and put their bodies on the line, and would possibly make a big cock up sometime during a game or two players who seem to be cruising through games, and make as many, if not more mistakes, and don't appear to spot danger when it arrives.
I know who I would rather have.

FerociousCorgis

Unfortunately he is a scapegoat for many posters as he is prone to the odd brainstorm, but all in all I would rather have Bailly and Jones in the back four than Lindelof and Maguire, the choice between two players who will give 100% every match, and put their bodies on the line, and would possibly make a big cock up sometime during a game or two players who seem to be cruising through games, and make as many, if not more mistakes, and don't appear to spot danger when it arrives.
I know who I would rather have.
except after maybe 2, but definitely before 3 or more games both would be back injured and out for extended period of time. If people want to say lindelof and maguire arent good enough that is fine, but doesnt change who bailly/jones are.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
except after maybe 2, but definitely before 3 or more games both would be back injured and out for extended period of time. If people want to say lindelof and maguire arent good enough that is fine, but doesnt change who bailly/jones are.
Yep, good point, Bailly is extremely unlucky with injuries, I remember when Maguire headed him instead of the ball v Chelsea, but I would still select them both before Lindelof and Maguire.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The man is right to be upset. Bailly played a better game in the Africa Cup than I've ever seen Maguire do in his 3 years.

We'd be so much better off selling Maguire and keeping Bailly and Jones as 3rd/4th choice CBs. There's no significant difference in quality, but Maguire's fee would be higher and he'd likely start sulking were he benched.

Shame we'll end up losing Bailly and Jones because the board wants to die on this hill.

Hulme91

The Bailly boom bust cycle in full swing yet again
He's not good enough, never has been good enough and never will be good enough
And to top it off when he does manage to start a handful of games in a row he inevitably breaks down rendering this entire discussion about whether he should be playing irrelevant

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bailly is allegedly unhappy that he's not getting chances? Why, oh why, did you sign a new contract then Eric? You could've left on a free.

I like Bailly as a player. I think he's got a lot of the attributes of a good centre back. If he could sort out his decision making he could be quite special.

BUT.

Don't bellyache about not getting games. You could have left for regular game time last summer. But that Man Utd money was just too good. So...don't cry. Sit there, take your wage and when the summer comes make a determined effort to leave.

romufc

Bailly is allegedly unhappy that he's not getting chances? Why, oh why, did you sign a new contract then Eric? You could've left on a free.

I like Bailly as a player. I think he's got a lot of the attributes of a good centre back. If he could sort out his decision making he could be quite special.

BUT.

Don't bellyache about not getting games. You could have left for regular game time last summer. But that Man Utd money was just too good. So...don't cry. Sit there, take your wage and when the summer comes make a determined effort to leave.
Exactly, he wasn't getting chances before the contract, yet he chose to sign one. Also, a player can look good playing the odd game here and there, what we have seen is give him 3/4 games he will have 1/4 good games. He is error prone as well but most importantly, he is injury prone.

Why would a manager trust you when you can barely play 4 games in a row?

These players need to leave this summer, time to just say thanks but no thanks.

Gordon Godot

Exactly, he wasn't getting chances before the contract, yet he chose to sign one. Also, a player can look good playing the odd game here and there, what we have seen is give him 3/4 games he will have 1/4 good games. He is error prone as well but most importantly, he is injury prone.

Why would a manager trust you when you can barely play 4 games in a row?

These players need to leave this summer, time to just say thanks but no thanks.
Why, becuase we pay stupid money. Easy answer.

romufc

Why, becuase we pay stupid money. Easy answer.
Then they should shut up and sit on the bench if they are not playing. Some rubbish attitude of players that don't play, instead of showing why they need to play, just moan.

BlahRules

Then they should shut up and sit on the bench if they are not playing. Some rubbish attitude of players that don't play, instead of showing why they need to play, just moan.
There were rumours that he wasn't going to sign the contract if he didn't get minutes. You will know from other players Ole tends to make promises that he will never keep.

I don't blame him if he is fed up with the number of shit performances Maguire serves up every game but never gets dropped because he has captains armband.

Bailly had more good games than bad. Let's be honest last season when we were top of the season he was one of the reasons why we were there. People go on about putting your body on the line and he does that with the added factor of having the ability to play football.

romufc

There were rumours that he wasn't going to sign the contract if he didn't get minutes. You will know from other players Ole tends to make promises that he will never keep.

I don't blame him if he is fed up with the number of shit performances Maguire serves up every game but never gets dropped because he has captains armband.

Bailly had more good games than bad. Let's be honest last season when we were top of the season he was one of the reasons why we were there. People go on about putting your body on the line and he does that with the added factor of having the ability to play football.
Well, it was his choice to believe Ole, if he was guaranteed minutes, he should have insisted on a clause.

What actually bollocks is that. He played like 5 games in that run but he was the reason? I know Maguire has been rubbish this season but he was by far our best CB last season.

People are making decent points about Bailly, I agree he gets the short end of the stick compared to others who make horrible mistakes. However, as @romufc says: He had a way out, he chose not to take it. He knew what the deal was. He has no scope to cry about it now. There were other clubs that were interested. I bet they'd have given him more minutes. However, United probably offered much more money. So he chose to kid himself that, after years and years of being a bit part player, everything might change. Its laughable.

I'm fed up with new crap in the media every day from players who feel they deserve a chance. Nobody in this squad deserves a chance. Besides Ronaldo, Jones and DeGea none of them have won a title, or get close to one, in a red shirt and the last title we won was nearly 10 years ago. People who took the money to sit on the bench deserve no sympathy.

romufc

People are making decent points about Bailly, I agree he gets the short end of the stick compared to others who make horrible mistakes. However, as @romufc says: He had a way out, he chose not to take it. He knew what the deal was. He has no scope to cry about it now. There were other clubs that were interested. I bet they'd have given him more minutes. However, United probably offered much more money. So he chose to kid himself that, after years and years of being a bit part player, everything might change. Its laughable.

I'm fed up with new crap in the media every day from players who feel they deserve a chance. Nobody in this squad deserves a chance. Besides Ronaldo, Jones and DeGea none of them have won a title, or get close to one, in a red shirt and the last title we won was nearly 10 years ago. People who took the money to sit on the bench deserve no sympathy.
Well, the answer is simple. If you want game time, get your agent to do some work, find a club that is willing to pay the transfer fee and the wages, otherwise shut up.

I guarantee if a club came in and offered £20m for Bailly, we would accept. Why should Manutd, reduce your transfer fee so that you can get paid the same elsewhere?

When we want a player, we pay the fee and the wages, if a club wants you, they'll pay it. It is not the club's fault that the agent is not doing his job correctly, or the buying club doesn't believe you are worth it.

Lingard is the perfect example, West Ham paid £25m for Vlasic but were not willing to pay £15m for Lingard. Why should Manutd give teams discount when, if we approached West Ham, they'd add £20/30m to the player?

Another example, lets see what happens with this. Martial. he is on loan to Sevilla and already they have decided they wont buy him? Why? Clearly they do not rate him. People will say, they can't afford him.

in 19/20 Sevilla spent £160m on transfers. 20/21 they spent £65m. If they really want him, they can afford him considering they have had chances to sell Kounde and Carlos.

Well, the answer is simple. If you want game time, get your agent to do some work, find a club that is willing to pay the transfer fee and the wages, otherwise shut up.

I guarantee if a club came in and offered £20m for Bailly, we would accept. Why should Manutd, reduce your transfer fee so that you can get paid the same elsewhere?

When we want a player, we pay the fee and the wages, if a club wants you, they'll pay it. It is not the club's fault that the agent is not doing his job correctly, or the buying club doesn't believe you are worth it.

Lingard is the perfect example, West Ham paid £25m for Vlasic but were not willing to pay £15m for Lingard. Why should Manutd give teams discount when, if we approached West Ham, they'd add £20/30m to the player?

Another example, lets see what happens with this. Martial. he is on loan to Sevilla and already they have decided they wont buy him? Why? Clearly they do not rate him. People will say, they can't afford him.

in 19/20 Sevilla spent £160m on transfers. 20/21 they spent £65m. If they really want him, they can afford him considering they have had chances to sell Kounde and Carlos.
Honestly, for me, its difficult to stomach these reports put out by so and so's camp saying how sad they are they're not getting games. It speaks to the entitlement in the squad. A bunch of players who have achieved nothing, don't look like achieving anything, saying they feel like they deserve more?

Honestly, I agree that we should've cut our losses on some of these players and bombed them out. They contribute nothing. But from their end they can be no moaning. They signed contracts. Bailly signed a new contract last summer. :lol:

Lets be frank, with all these players, Lingard whatever. They've not been getting regular first team football for years. Literally, years. Lingard hasn't been a starter since Ole's caretaker stint. If you can see the writing's on the wall for you why are you hanging about? Talk to your agent, talk to the club and get yourself sorted. And if you cant? Well enjoy the wages and the lifestyle they afford you and don't sign a new contract when the pen pushers at United offer you one.

romufc

Honestly, for me, its difficult to stomach these reports put out by so and so's camp saying how sad they are they're not getting games. It speaks to the entitlement in the squad. A bunch of players who have achieved nothing, don't look like achieving anything, saying they feel like they deserve more?

Honestly, I agree that we should've cut our losses on some of these players and bombed them out. They contribute nothing. But from their end they can be no moaning. They signed contracts. Bailly signed a new contract last summer. :lol:

Lets be frank, with all these players, Lingard whatever. They've not been getting regular first team football for years. Literally, years. Lingard hasn't been a starter since Ole's caretaker stint. If you can see the writing's on the wall for you why are you hanging about? Talk to your agent, talk to the club and get yourself sorted. And if you cant? Well enjoy the wages and the lifestyle they afford you and don't sign a new contract when the pen pushers at United offer you one.
Exactly. Its a two way streak here. Bailly wasn't starting either, he was never first choice, then he decided to sign a new deal and we brought in Varane. I mean surely, as a player you know you are not going to play.

Alot of the players in this team believe they are better than they are. None of them are willing to fight for the team, all they do is point fingers. Bruno moans at the defence by throwing his hands in the air, goes down in dangerous areas. Maguire is blaming the attack, McTominay is blaming on flicks and tricks. None of the players have the guts to look at themselves.

Exactly. Its a two way streak here. Bailly wasn't starting either, he was never first choice, then he decided to sign a new deal and we brought in Varane. I mean surely, as a player you know you are not going to play.

Alot of the players in this team believe they are better than they are. None of them are willing to fight for the team, all they do is point fingers. Bruno moans at the defence by throwing his hands in the air, goes down in dangerous areas. Maguire is blaming the attack, McTominay is blaming on flicks and tricks. None of the players have the guts to look at themselves.
100% and this is the reason why all this talk about it changing when we get a new manager is fantasy. Until you get these players out, the toxic dressing room culture we have won't change. Indeed, even when we get these players out you need change in the way the club incentivises players to really change things. As long as the club makes clear that it values brands, re-sale value etc of players more than anything else, authority in the dressing room will always be hard to establish for any coach. This will keep happening, just like its been happening over the last nine years, cos any player who goes into that dressing room knows: 'Ultimately, its cheaper to fire the coach and his assistants than it is to get rid of 23 players. So if I f-k up, if I spit my dummy out, if I run to the press to moan, I won't get the blame the manager will.'

romufc

100% and this is the reason why all this talk about it changing when we get a new manager is fantasy. Until you get these players out, the toxic dressing room culture we have won't change. Indeed, even when we get these players out you need change in the way the club incentivises players to really change things. As long as the club makes clear that it values brands, re-sale value etc of players more than anything else, authority in the dressing room will always be hard to establish for any coach. This will keep happening, just like its been happening over the last nine years, cos any player who goes into that dressing room knows: 'Ultimately, its cheaper to fire the coach and his assistants than it is to get rid of 23 players. So if I f-k up, if I spit my dummy out, if I run to the press to moan, I won't get the blame the manager will.'
yep, this needs to change.

I dont know why but I do think Ralf coming in might change this. He won't be shy to tell the board that he thinks 6/7 players do not have the mentality to succeed.

Rashford on his insta and twitter gives it the large one about being sorry and he has to show it on the pitch, the lad can barely be bothered to run and give his all in a derby. Then they run to the press and talk about leaving.

I really hope one day the club grows a pair and says, okay leave. You wont get a new contract, you want to leave, this summer get your agent to get an offer of £60m and leave. If you can't, you won't get a contract and you will be a bench player.

I dont know why but I do think Ralf coming in might change this. He won't be shy to tell the board that he thinks 6/7 players do not have the mentality to succeed.

Rashford on his insta and twitter gives it the large one about being sorry and he has to show it on the pitch, the lad can barely be bothered to run and give his all in a derby. Then they run to the press and talk about leaving.

I really hope one day the club grows a pair and says, okay leave. You wont get a new contract, you want to leave, this summer get your agent to get an offer of £60m and leave. If you can't, you won't get a contract and you will be a bench player.

Board won't listen. Ralf wants too much change.

Ralf will tell them to buy some no name up and comers and the suits will be wondering: 'How can we sell this fella to sponsors, nobody knows him?'

Trust me this 'consultancy' is BULL. If Rangnick was really assessing the squad, making recommendations on who stays and who goes, do you think we'd be seeing these leaks, these performances, these briefings about the club wanting not to buy without the manager and wanting to bring Martial and Van de Beek back in case the next manager wants them?

Rangnick knows these players. He's seen the whites of their eyes. He could tell the Board tomorrow who needs f'n off. The Board don't give a s-t about Ralf's view. They're gonna do what they always do. They're gonna hoard players that aren't contributing on the pitch. They're going to buy random players who fit no discernable style or system. And when it all goes to pot they're going to blame the manager and then go after another big name manager.

United in sin

Board won't listen. Ralf wants too much change.

Ralf will tell them to buy some no name up and comers and the suits will be wondering: 'How can we sell this fella to sponsors, nobody knows him?'

Trust me this 'consultancy' is BULL. If Rangnick was really assessing the squad, making recommendations on who stays and who goes, do you think we'd be seeing these leaks, these performances, these briefings about the club wanting not to buy without the manager and wanting to bring Martial and Van de Beek back in case the next manager wants them?

Rangnick knows these players. He's seen the whites of their eyes. He could tell the Board tomorrow who needs f'n off. The Board don't give a s-t about Ralf's view. They're gonna do what they always do. They're gonna hoard players that aren't contributing on the pitch. They're going to buy random players who fit no discernable style or system. And when it all goes to pot they're going to blame the manager and then go after another big name manager.
I agree. They'll sign another player with no real accomplishments like Rice for a hefty fee this summer whether he fits into the new manager's plans or not.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

BUT.

Maybe (and probably) he was given assurances prior to signing that contract.

Maybe (and probably) he was given assurances prior to signing that contract.
He's not 6 years old. Why believe that everything is going to change after years of it all being one way? As a grown man, you gotta be expected to have some smarts. Anyone could have seen the writing on the wall for Bailly years ago.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's not 6 years old. Why believe that everything is going to change after years of it all being one way? As a grown man, you gotta be expected to have some smarts. Anyone could have seen the writing on the wall for Bailly years ago.
In principle I agree with you but you know how these players are. Entitlement is a word often used to describe pro players

Meep

Nothing here.. How did Bailly play vs England?

stevoc

And Ralf knows what type of mentality a player needs to succeed at the very top of football?

stevoc

28 and here for 6 years now, he'll be closing in on a Testimonial soon enough. Here's hoping he can crack 100 PL appearances before then.

Marwood

If any player sums up our squad mismanagement over last 8 years it's him.

What a waste of time for us and for his own career.

Brophs

The One and Only
We're spending all this time wishing him happy birthday and no one is protecting his value with a new contract.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anyone think Ten Hag might have a good look at Bailly?

Likes to press and try to win the ball up the pitch, recovery pace in abundance, does fancy himself as a bit of a ball player. Obviously his appalling injury record means it should be a non-starter, but I can see Ten Hag like his profile.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is he even injured or just not making the squad? Why do we constantly insist on playing the same crap players and leaving other players out. Think the managers have been told Maguire has to start every game because he’s the most expensive defender. Play Bailly over him ffs. I’d even be playing lingard over rashford at this stage of the season. Nothing to lose… lingard although he’s leaving he’ll be keen to impress clubs which will benefit us… can’t be worse then rashford at the minute.

VivaRonaldo85

Which ever club doctor signed off this guys medical when signing, should be sacked on the spot if he/she is still at the club. Then who ever thought it was a wise idea to offer him a juicy new contract with such an appalling injury record must also be shown the door. A player who epitomises the mess this club is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.