Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red4ever 79

People commend Ole for his signings and getting rid of some dead wood but I think we still make bad decisions. Jones and Bailly for starters. Peirrera on loan again. Jesse will get a new deal

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No, but Jones and Bailly were in the final years of their contract when they were both renewed. Should have been released then. Good one to you also.
Those contracts were obviously renewed to try and preserve some retail value, so potentially valuable assets don’t walk away for free. If you want to convince yourself that this was all Ole’s idea then that’s ok with me.

Bestietom

People commend Ole for his signings and getting rid of some dead wood but I think we still make bad decisions. Jones and Bailly for starters. Peirrera on loan again. Jesse will get a new deal
Yes it's mad. These players are just taking up space and wages. Sell them and make room for where we need improvement. Holding Midfield and Right back.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a very good defender when he's got his head screwed on, but when he does things like that it shows it's just natural for him and he'll never be able to stop it.

While he obviously wasn't going to be the long term answer he did show what the team needed, and we've gone and got that with Varane which i'm happy about.

I'll always enjoy the "good Bailly" as on his day he was class, but you just can't be doing those sort of erratic mistakes.

stevoc

He wanted to sell Lingard and Pereira clearly.

I doubt he had much say in the Jones extension and the Billy extension is at least only 2-3 years as opposed to the 5 year deal that ties Jones to United until 2023.

Plus all managers make bad decisions, such is life.

GueRed

Ive never really rated him much tbh.

Baffles me that fans used to put a clown average defender like him on a pedestal!

His has shit postional sense and is completely reckless AND injury prone.

My verdict after 5 years of his 'service'?

Useless sack of rubbish

Redlyn

The error was giving peirera a big extension on decent money. But we can't fault them for sending him on loan surely. It is the best option if we can't get a buyer who will pay a fee + his wages. Let someone else pay his salary and give us a loan fee and we see if next summer someone can finally take him off our hands.

poleglass red

such a shame, when he first came, he did look good for a while. As a central defender, you want pace, you want aggression,you want comfort on the ball, he has all of that, but he's reckless and that's something he hasn't shook off with age and experience. He's terrible in the air, and positionally he's suspect. If you saw an 18 year old player with his skillset, you'd think, yes he has the raw materials we can work with, we can work on his postioning etc, but if anything he's regressed

Foxbatt

He certainly is the most entertaining player we have. Pure comedy. You never know what he is going to do. I always enjoy watching him play.
Pure brilliance and pure comedy all in the same phase of play.
The karate kick was Bailly having a brain fart as usual. The faked injury was pure comedy. :lol::lol::lol:

Djemba-Djemba

He certainly is the most entertaining player we have. Pure comedy. You never know what he is going to do. I always enjoy watching him play.
Pure brilliance and pure comedy all in the same phase of play.
The karate kick was Bailly having a brain fart as usual. The faked injury was pure comedy. :lol::lol::lol:
I don't get this attitude.

How can you enjoy watching a terrible defender scoring stupid own goals, constantly getting himself injured and giving away daft penalties that cost Utd and enjoy it?

He does my head in, he's been here 5 years and I was sick of him after about 2. That joke isn't funny anymore.

Last edited:
Man Utd 0:1 West Ham

A-man

First half was great. Very good in the air and on the ground. Second half, switched off a little and some small mistakes.

Foxbatt

I don't get this attitude.

How can you enjoy watching a terrible defender scoring stupid own goals, constantly getting himself injured and giving away daft penalties that cost Utd and enjoy it?

He does my head in, he's been here 5 years and I was sick of him after about 2. That joke isn't funny anymore.
He did his own head in today.

Rossa

Am I the only one thinking that he ahould have had a pen for Areola’s challenge? Areola basically punched Bailly in the back of the head without getting to the ball. That is dangerous as hell.

Sylar

Am I the only one thinking that he ahould have had a pen for Areola’s challenge? Areola basically punched Bailly in the back of the head without getting to the ball. That is dangerous as hell.
I always think this. Annoying that goalkeepers get away with this

RedDevilRoshi

Nope, I thought the exact same too. Then again, when you have Jon Moss as referee then you know he ain’t going to give you feck all. Still can’t believe how he never gave the Lingard penalty when he was staring right at it. Absolutely baffling decision!

Devil may care

Fairly lively on the ball, him and Lindelof had a lot of work to do against the counter in the 2nd half.

lex talionis

Looked a bit erratic to me, but he can be forgiven being rusty. When Bailly first joined the club he looked masterful for quite a while. Not that he's likely to get the chance at OT now that we have both Maguire and Varane, but it would be nice to see Bailly return to his early United form.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
If the manager doesn't think Eric is good enough to ever play, even when others are only half fit, that's fair enough.
However, why give the guy a new 3 year contract just a few months ago then?
It's these type of clueless decisions that sum the club up right now.

Seij

Those contracts were obviously renewed to try and preserve some retail value, so potentially valuable assets don’t walk away for free. If you want to convince yourself that this was all Ole’s idea then that’s ok with me.
That backfires when nobody wants those players and we're stuck paying their wages to sit in the stands.

Based Adnan

Poor renewal. Who could have seen this coming?

I blame him just as much as the club for accepting it. No ambition to actually play.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Poor renewal. Who could have seen this coming?

I blame him just as much as the club for accepting it. No ambition to actually play.
How was the renewal poor?

Every top team needs 4 CBs. Loaning Tuanzebe was necessary. You wanted us to buy 2 CBs? Or do you trust Jones?

Ole not picking Bailly is on him and Bailly will outlast Ole.

lex talionis

Another horrifying decision by Ole to start Maguire when he was unfit and knowing he had a backup CB, Bailly, ready to play.

The excuse for not playing Donny -- that he likes to pass the ball and move into spaces and that we just can't have that -- does not apply to Bailly.

TempusFugit

Ole lost us that game by not playing Bailly. Even at his calamitous worst i think he gives away maybe two of those goals, which still gives us a fighting chance. Ole should trust his backups more. I imagine it must be quite frustrating to be Bailly, Telles or Donny.

el3mel

For a player who has been completely sidelined, who put a great performance and saved our arses several times.

Based Adnan

Great performance turned into a decent one due to his role in the second goal

Man of the match for me. Immense defensively and great on the ball too.

And the goal was not his fault. Maguire broke the offside line.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
MOTM. Without him we would have lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.