Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

He would actually be really suited to the Italian league, bit slower. Premier league is too erratic for a player as erratic as him!

Ollie Derbyshire

Yeah id have Bailly as the pacey player trying to make up for Lindelof or Maguires mistakes - instead he was doing that first off at RCB which lead to the own goal.
Just more worrying decisions made by Ole and his team, they don’t seem to see the simple things.

GueRed

FFS. He's been with us for like 5 years now.

The most overrated United centre-back in recent times.
Lad is a clown. AND injury prone.
Useless.

Sir Red Devil

OG aside he was our best defender in the first half. But of course he was the one who was taken off at the half time.

Zoo

It was another really poor mistake and again the kind which only Bailly would make. Am not going to say anything else about him today because after all he is 4th choice and we just have to live with this from him.

Ollie Derbyshire

FFS. He's been with us for like 5 years now.

The most overrated United centre-back in recent times.
Lad is a clown. AND injury prone.
Useless.
Yeah he’s not good enough, consistent enough or fit enough. Should have been sold by now.

Kostov

You can't blame him for that. Every week somebody is making these mistakes, it's because they don't know what to do or where to be.

Lindelof proved it by doing almost the same thing, if we sit on our own goal line and invite endless crosses across the face of goal, eventually one will go in.
While I do think you can blame him, you have a valid point and I agree about it was just a matter of who and how many.

Pavl3n

Are we really going to blame Bailly when we had Bruno and AWB not even bothered to close down that cross?

Kostov

It was another really poor mistake and again the kind which only Bailly would make. Am not going to say anything else about him today because after all he is 4th choice and we just have to live with this from him.
Lindelof practically did the same thing, luckily DDG managed to save. He fecked up it’s nothing new.

Lentwood

Classic RedCafe. So many of our players get better when they're not playing, then they get a chance and we remember why they dont get picked.

I'm not saying Bailly was at fault today, we lose that game anyway. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is that we focus on individuals all the time, when the reality is the majority of our problems are structural/tactical

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bailly to an absolute tee.

Unexpected strong game midweek, absolute game losing massive mistake in the next.

Hearing he's now injured for 3months would complete the cycle.

A-man

The goal was not really poor luck, just poor execution. It was a fairly simple ball. We saw similar clearances against Atalanta where he makes a spectacular Kung fu clearance instead of the non spectacular version done by players with good positioning. Looks awesome when it works.

Pavl3n

well he's the one that sliced it into the net, proper Madman(TM) style.
So he should've left it for Lindelof or Silva/Gundogan to tap it in?
It was unfortunate and maybe he should've done better, but the bigger mistake came from Bruno who was casually jogging instead of sprinting to close down the cross.

It's like blaming De Gea for the second goal, when AWB didn't close down Cancelo and chuckle brothers let the ball bounce in front of the six yard box and pass right in front of them.

spiriticon

It was unfortunate and maybe he should've done better, but the bigger mistake came from Bruno who was casually jogging instead of sprinting to close down the cross.
No, he should have cleared it without slicing it into his own net.

Bruno and AWB were also careless in letting the man get the cross in, but once it's in, you gotta deal with it without scoring an own goal.

GueRed

Yeah he’s not good enough, consistent enough or fit enough. Should have been sold by now.
Apart from a couple of mistakes against Atalanta he had an ok game.

But the way some fans go on about him you'd think he was a world class defender :D

Classical Mechanic

The goal was not really poor luck, just poor execution. It was a fairly simple ball. We saw similar clearances against Atalanta where he makes a spectacular Kung fu clearance instead of the non spectacular version done by players with good positioning. Looks awesome when it works.
Indeed. A wild desperate lunge under no pressure. Thought his positioning was consistently poor with AWB as well, they were too far apart too often. All the defenders had bad moments today though. Confidence is in the toilet.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

It's like blaming De Gea for the second goal, when AWB didn't close down Cancelo and chuckle brothers let the ball bounce in front of the six yard box and pass right in front of them.
A goal can feature multiple bad mistakes, from multiple players. Working out the player most at fault doesn’t magically make all the other clangers irrelevant.

Ollie Derbyshire

Apart from a couple of mistakes against Atalanta he had an ok game.

But the way some fans go on about him you'd think he was a world class defender :D
I know, all the “if only he’d been able to stay fit he’d be the x best CB in the PL” nonsense. He’s a very average player who has some good games but mostly very average games.

United in sin

Really? I think Lindelof is better. The Lindelof pass to Rashford's goal couple games before I don't see Bailly doing that.

Maguire is whack i do admit but I feel he is the most comfortable on the left side of the pitch.
Lindelof is indeed capable of a good lobbed pass. It doesn't always come of but it's great when it does. Bailly however is better at passing generally, and he releaseses the ball much quickly than both. He's also a better player technically, and that comes from playing youth football in Spain. Varane is our best passer at the back overall

Andersonson

It's always the same. Clueless people singing his praise and he should start ahead of someone. After a couple of starts he starts with his Baillyness. Terrible positioning, high kicks, rushing out or dribbles. Playing alongside him must make you feel insecure.

He's entertaining though, no wonder he's got a parody Twitter account

spiriticon

I think he was unfortunate with the OG. At least he was trying to disrupt the attack and stop the cross.
More proactive than the rest of our defenders.
Proactiveness is good, but you still gotta concentrate man.

Our defense is just so poor at concentration. All of them really. Away with the fecking fairies, as Scholes puts it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He is always on the verge of making a costly mistake to be fair, even at his best games. When he manages to avoid one he usually looks super cool though.

Thought Maguire or Lindelof should have been subbed before him

loved his little dribble into the city half progressing the play
Ole needs his scapegoat to deflect the blame amongst the players. I bet he laid into Bailly at half time.

Andersons Dietician

Bailly doing Bailly things. You play with defensive fire like that and eventually you are going to get burned.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Bailly = Mistake

However another mistake was that Bailly should have been the central player not the RCB.

What's the point of having our best on the ball defenders at CB and LCB? Better at RCB and LCB - but you know Ole is useless.
I thought this too when watching, then again I dont think we know how to get the most out of our players in a 3-5-2 nor do they know themselves what they should do

Strats

Thought Maguire or Lindelof should have been subbed before him

loved his little dribble into the city half progressing the play
Lindelof was the only one who looked somewhat up for it in our backline today

Status
Not open for further replies.