Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

He's better than both Maguire & Lindelöf but his injury record is an issue. It's a shame that both of our two best CBs (also Jones) are perma crocks otherwise they'd form a very good CB partnership.
Two headless chickens.

They are both error prone and injury prone and neither of them should still be at the club.

VivaRonaldo85

Fulham his ideal level. The odd outstanding appearance scattered amongst mediocrity and chronic injury.

dinostar77

The first few when bailly arrived he looked fantastic. Shame it didnt work out for him. Loan with option to buy is a good deal. If he has a good season he will atttract alot of interest. Theres a very good aggressive CB in there somewhere. Needs a long run of games injury free to find it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bailly wages is £4m per season. Even if it’s a loan, we are still getting a £4m to our transfer budget. Still good.

bdspeedy

He plays 1 blinder every 4 games. He’s the most erratic CB I’ve ever seen and even in his blinders he’ll do something batshit crazy. CBs are not supposed to be entertaining! Any talk about him being better than Maguire or Lindelof is ridiculous.
He's MILES better than either.

Red00012

Does any other club that didn’t get promoted want our players no ? :lol:

OverratedOpinion

you spelled THROUGH wrong and your punctuation is off. What you MEANT was .... Yeah but he isn't THROUGH. Is he? You're welcome.
Well you are right. I don't think his career is over but no that is not what I meant.

I have a soft spot for Bailly but your post was mental.

diarm

Same as the Henderson rumours - loan with option to buy is a poor deal.

1. Sell
2. Loan with obligation
3. Loan with no option
4. Keep

All better options than Loan with an option which just takes the player for a year and leaves us stuck with him on a year less contract and a lower value next summer.

Revaulx

Crushing disappointment.

Hope no one has told Eric/Andreas
Oh hell - I’ve just remembered: it was moved to the National Football Museum in Manchester :annoyed:

I’ve seen it and it’s absolutely vile. Has he been cancelled? If so it may have gone.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Then again I think our lolly pop lady paired with dusty bin would have done better than Maguire and Lindelof last season

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why on Earth would he go to Fulham in fairness.
London is an attraction I'm sure. Fulham is a nice area too and to be fair, its a good club with a nice set of fans.
But I'm biased, I had a thing about seeing craven cottage on match of the day :lol: there was a fun nostalgia about it when I saw the highlights for some reason

bdspeedy

Sure thing. I'm pleased you are willing to give a chance to a player who you think is miles better than most of our centre backs.
So, I should just pass that on to Ten Hag when he consults with me? That I'm willing to give Eric a chance and that pleases someone who's username is ironically "overrated opinion"? For the record, my opinion is irrelevant to the team's actions, as are everyone's on this site. Maguire has been trash. So has Lindelof for the most part. Bailly undoubtedly has faults. But he does possess the God given power, aggression and speed that none of our other backs possess. Ole and management were obsessed with mediocre English players and trying to salvage an 80 million mistake which in large part, led to last year's disastrous season. In my worthless opinion.

OverratedOpinion

So, I should just pass that on to Ten Hag when he consults with me? That I'm willing to give Eric a chance and that pleases someone who's username is ironically "overrated opinion"? For the record, my opinion is irrelevant to the team's actions, as are everyone's on this site. Maguire has been trash. So has Lindelof for the most part. Bailly undoubtedly has faults. But he does possess the God given power, aggression and speed that none of our other backs possess. Ole and management were obsessed with mediocre English players and trying to salvage an 80 million mistake which in large part, led to last year's disastrous season. In my worthless opinion.
You said he was by a mile at least our second best defender and then said "I'd also be willing to give him another shot". Well obviously based on your take about how good he is. Was just a bit odd.

Take a breather.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Are people in here seriously suggesting that Bailly is better than Maguire or Lindelgod?

Jesus wept if they are :lol: :lol:

He is rash, reckless, lacks positional awareness, isn't particularly great on the ball.
All in all a disaster of a defender albeit one that is capable of the odd good game here and there.

He's not fit to lace the boots of Maguire.

bosskeano

If Jose wants him then we should be open to selling him....for the right price

None of this Loan BS that Italian clubs are always asking about except for Juve who actually have some cash to spend

DickDastardly

Let him leave.

Varane and Martinez in the first 11 with Maguire and Lindelof as backup.
That should do.

Just don't loan him. Cash up you stint pricks.

Lyng

Zero reason to loan him out. If Varane keeps getting injured and Maguire and Lindelöf repeat last seasons performance levels it would be good to have Bailly.
Sell him or use him. Loan is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.