Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarUnited4ever

If there is an offer 15-20 mil, we should sell immediately. We need to recoup some of the transfer fee paid for underperforming, I really hope to see more players leave or sold e.g. Phil Jones, Brandon Williams, AWB, Axel, Chong, Amad and even Elanga. Hopefully, we can get 2-3 solid young signing who can further develop in the squad.
Agree on Jones, Williams, Tuanzebe & Chong to be sold, add Telles to that list too.

AWB only needed as backup, unless we bring in a new RB who is a starting 11 quality, Dalot becomes the backup and AWB is sold.

Amad won't fetch much and he is still young and needs development.

Elanga, we need him purely due to lack of depth in forward players (Martial, Rashford, Sancho, CR7, Elanga).

Rojofiam

Despite all of that, Bailly still concedes less goals than Maguire & Lindelof, has less errors leading to goals, tackles with better efficiency, and gets more assists. Aka we score more and concede less when he plays. Last time I checked that was the magical strategy to winning.

Him & Varane are our two best options for the RCB. Trusting Maguire is guaranteed failure.
Maguire did more for this club between 2019 and 2021 than Bailly in 6 years. Rest.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Shouldn’t be but we all know it will be… Imagine Varane being back up to Maguire :lol: A guy thats won multiple champions leagues.
I think the evidence is there that this will be the case. The way he's been used in pre season next to Telles/Lindelof at CB, with Maguire moving to RCB. The problem with Varane is that he can't live off what he did at other clubs and he's been average here and mostly injured. ETH wants continuity in his team so he won't rely on injury prone players. Not to mention he was rubbish in pre season.

Telsim

None of this loan rubbish. If they want him, it should only be on a permanent basis. €15M sounds about right.

Drakul

Maguire did more for this club between 2019 and 2021 than Bailly in 6 years. Rest.
How exactly did you come to that conclusion? We won two trophies in Bailly's first season where he was a major part of both campaigns.

We have won sod all with Maguire. How does a footballer who has been relegated 4 times have fans? Did we win 3 trophies with Maguire? Do you live in an alternate universe? Maguire is the reason why we broke every negative defensive record in 45+ years. Shipped the most goals in a PL season. Lowest points tally in a PL season. Yet apparently Maguire has done more for this club. Wow!

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Better than both Maguire and Lindelof
I agree. On his day he's the best CB we have, would love to see him and Martinez paired, we wouldn't lack any aggression then.
His injuries have certainly curtailed much of his career, and he does make the occasional faux pas, but then again most defenders make mistakes, it's how you, and your defensive partner deal with them is the issue. I would rather have Bailly than Lindelof, who I've never really rated, Maguire can have some excellent games, but as opposing teams know of his lack of speed they tend to isolate him and take advantage. I hope Ten Hag's seen enough to make a sound judgement on several of our CBs.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The one player in our squad that can have 1 good match in 6 and the fans love him.

Fans over value technical abilit. They see some skill and believe it’s the best thing that can be done on a pitch.

Maguire has 1 good game in 5 - he is shit.
Bailly has 1 good game in 6 and he is world class or something.

Weird

stoinz

The one player in our squad that can have 1 good match in 6 and the fans love him.

Fans over value technical abilit. They see some skill and believe it’s the best thing that can be done on a pitch.

Weird
Don't think we ever saw him played 6 games in a row. I really liked him when he first came, fast, tough and aggressive. My biggest gripe is that he can never stay fit. Always thought his mistakes are something that can be ironed out as he matures like Rio's concentration issues when he first joined. But I guess we will never know. Best for everyone that he leaves and will wish him best.

Kostov

I like him as a player even though he is a mad man, but too unreliable. Too many years have gone by and no sign of putting injuries and brain farts behind, I would sell him for a good fee of 15-20m.

bringbackbebe

Weird
Think it's his eccentricity. Eccentric players are always loved. Barthez still has a cult following.

Rojofiam

How exactly did you come to that conclusion? We won two trophies in Bailly's first season where he was a major part of both campaigns.

We have won sod all with Maguire. How does a footballer who has been relegated 4 times have fans? Did we win 3 trophies with Maguire? Do you live in an alternate universe? Maguire is the reason why we broke every negative defensive record in 45+ years. Shipped the most goals in a PL season. Lowest points tally in a PL season. Yet apparently Maguire has done more for this club. Wow!
Oh, we won the Europa League and a domestic cup that no one gives a feck about :lol: Your logic is that we won the Europa League and League Cup whilst Bailly played for us, but we haven't won a trophy with Maguire so he hasn't done anything. :lol:

How is getting relegated 4 times down to 1 player?

He wouldn't have climbed the ladder from Sheffield to becoming Hull's best player, to becoming Leicester's best defender and one of the best defenders in the league to becoming a Manchester United player.

"Breaking every negative defensive record" Why don't you mention the fact that when Maguire and AWB joined the team, we went on to concede 18 less goals than the season before (from 54 to 36) and we had basically the best defense in the League along with City and Pool (who conceded 35 and 33 respectively)?

Maguire has had 144 appearances for the club in 3 seasons. In 2 of those seasons, he was great and improved our defence. In one of those seasons, he was atrocious just like every single player in the team but somehow it's only Maguire that should be dragged through the mud and abused like I've never seen a player receiving abuse.

Bailly has had 113 appearances for the club in 6 (!!!) seasons. In 1 of those seasons he was great and we won 2 irrelevant trophies. In the 5 other seasons he was injured for 90% of the games and was shit when he played anyways.

Apparently not jumping on the bandwagon to abuse him for every single mistake our defence or GK makes means that I'm a fan of him :lol: I'm only a fan of one player in our current squad and that's Bruno Fernandes, so stop making assumptions.

However, after reading the 6 posts you've made so far on RedCafe, I've realised that I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life by typing this reply out for you. Half of your posts is just criticising Maguire whilst dickriding Ronaldo, while also claiming the José was our best manager in the last 9 years and claiming the Ole "did the most damage" to this club. You literally have the most brain damaged takes collected into 1 account :lol: Onto the ignore list you go

edgecutter

Bailly was very good in our europa league run with Jose. I would say that puts him ahead of maguire who has helped us win...(checks notes) nothing!

That said, Bailly time is up and we should sell.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
If they can get Bailly fit and reliable then personally think he is our best centre-back. The problem is injuries and dramatic dips in form mean he is not reliable. I'm having a manager who is actually a good coach on the training ground will do wonders for players like Bailly though.

But on the flip side he is unlikely to play, with Varane, Maguire and probably Martinez ahead of him in the pecking order and considering as things stand we are heading into a season with 7 first teams centre backs, which is ludicrous, So Bailly may be the player we have to sell/loan just because he is only one likely to get any interest.

Rojofiam

Bailly was very good in our europa league run with Jose. I would say that puts him ahead of maguire who has helped us win...(checks notes) nothing!

That said, Bailly time is up and we should sell.
Who the feck cares about the Europa League? If we went out vs Celta Vigo in the semis (could've easily happened) and Maguire didn't pick up an injury before the final last year we would've very likely lost in 2017 but won it in 2021. And the narrative would be completely different. People don't realize that in football it often comes down to the smallest margins and if you simulate the 2016-17 EL campaign again, we don't win it 10 out of 10 times. If you simulate the 2020-2021 EL campaign again, we definitely win it a couple times out of 10. So this argument of yours if worthless.

Edit: Just like Madrid winning the CL last year. They were outperfomed by City, Chelsea, even a terrible PSG side. They would probably win the 21/22 CL 1 out of 10 or 1 out of 20 times. That's why Ole also said that "trophies are for egos" and the idiotic fanbase completely misunderstood him. There's a huge variance in cup competitions, the real improvement can be seen over 38 league games.

MyDevil

Rather keep Bailly if they just want a loan move. Varane is injury prone. We need covers. They can take Jones for free though.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Think it's his eccentricity. Eccentric players are always loved. Barthez still has a cult following.
This is so true, if your consistently mediocre fans will slag you off until the cows come home, but if you are absolutely dreadful 98% of the time but then have a few amazing moments you will be placed on a pedestal and worshiped for decades. Us football fans are weird.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Rather keep Bailly if they just want a loan move. Varane is injury prone. We need covers. They can take Jones for free though.
Problem with Bailly as backup is that he's just not reliable. You want someone ready to come in in case your first choice defender like Varane gets injured. Bailly very rarely has been that player, since more often than not he's down himself

Negative Red

I think Bailly is our best CB when fit, which admittedly is not very often. You would have to be mad to plan your season hoping he is going to be fit, his time is up.

Telsim

I think Bailly is our best CB when fit, which admittedly is not very often. You would have to be mad to plan your season hoping he is going to be fit, his time is up.
I agree with the rest of what you've said, but I've always found this argument strange and contradictory, and that's not exclusive to Bailly, but in general. "X player is really great when fit", which is often said about players who have trouble staying fit. I've heard the same about Shaw, Dembele, Pogba, etc. Varane is heading that way as well.

Being a useful player is a combination of footballing ability and fitness. Take Dembele for example. His talent is undeniable. But that talent isn't particularly useful to a team when he is consistently missing out large parts of the season. Same for Pogba. And the same for Bailly. If you can't stay fit, then you are not useful, regardless of how good you are.

Gordon Godot

I agree with the rest of what you've said, but I've always found this argument strange and contradictory, and that's not exclusive to Bailly, but in general. "X player is really great when fit", which is often said about players who have trouble staying fit. I've heard the same about Shaw, Dembele, Pogba, etc. Varane is heading that way as well.

Being a useful player is a combination of footballing ability and fitness. Take Dembele for example. His talent is undeniable. But that talent isn't particularly useful to a team when he is consistently missing out large parts of the season. Same for Pogba. And the same for Bailly.
THere is also the myth around players who rarely play. Bailly is a poor defender, always out of position and switches off. Look at videos from his first season under Mou where he was directly responsible for a number of goals. He occassionally looks good by throwing himself into blocks etc but that is generally the result of being complete out of postion or over committing in first place

bringbackbebe

The most Eccentric player was Vidic wasn’t he?

Yet he was consistent.
Eccentricity doesn't imply consistency. Mutually exclusive.

Eccentricity + consistency = greatness
Eccentricity + inconsistency = polarized opinion by fans in football forums.

Bailly is terrible, makes a few mistakes every game he plays but yet somehow some fans seem to support him above Varane and Maguire

This is so true, if your consistently mediocre fans will slag you off until the cows come home, but if you are absolutely dreadful 98% of the time but then have a few amazing moments you will be placed on a pedestal and worshiped for decades. Us football fans are weird.
Exactly!

StonedhamsterZA

Oh, we won the Europa League and a domestic cup that no one gives a feck about :lol: Your logic is that we won the Europa League and League Cup whilst Bailly played for us, but we haven't won a trophy with Maguire so he hasn't done anything. :lol:

He wouldn't have climbed the ladder from Sheffield to becoming Hull's best player, to becoming Leicester's best defender and one of the best defenders in the league to becoming a Manchester United player.

"Breaking every negative defensive record" Why don't you mention the fact that when Maguire and AWB joined the team, we went on to concede 18 less goals than the season before (from 54 to 36) and we had basically the best defense in the League along with City and Pool (who conceded 35 and 33 respectively)?

Maguire has had 144 appearances for the club in 3 seasons. In 2 of those seasons, he was great and improved our defence. In one of those seasons, he was atrocious just like every single player in the team but somehow it's only Maguire that should be dragged through the mud and abused like I've never seen a player receiving abuse.

Bailly has had 113 appearances for the club in 6 (!!!) seasons. In 1 of those seasons he was great and we won 2 irrelevant trophies. In the 5 other seasons he was injured for 90% of the games and was shit when he played anyways.

Apparently not jumping on the bandwagon to abuse him for every single mistake our defence or GK makes means that I'm a fan of him :lol: I'm only a fan of one player in our current squad and that's Bruno Fernandes, so stop making assumptions.

However, after reading the 6 posts you've made so far on RedCafe, I've realised that I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life by typing this reply out for you. Half of your posts is just criticising Maguire whilst dickriding Ronaldo, while also claiming the José was our best manager in the last 9 years and claiming the Ole "did the most damage" to this club. You literally have the most brain damaged takes collected into 1 account :lol: Onto the ignore list you go
Great post. :lol:

Negative Red

Being a useful player is a combination of footballing ability and fitness. Take Dembele for example. His talent is undeniable. But that talent isn't particularly useful to a team when he is consistently missing out large parts of the season. Same for Pogba. And the same for Bailly. If you can't stay fit, then you are not useful, regardless of how good you are.
Well obviously, it's not going to be said about a player who is always fit. That goes without saying.

I've not said he was useful, I'm saying sell him as he's not useful being injured all the time. So we agree there.

bosskeano

Bailly is about as useful as tits on a bull or a nun in the red light district

Cypriot

This was a great read, thank you :lol:

stevoc

By that logic Mkhitaryan has contributed more to United than Bruno Fernandes.

Revaulx

People citing Bailly’s stellar performances in the victorious EL campaign must have better memories than me.

The only individual games I really remember are the last two: the semi final second leg v Celta at OT where we hung on by the skin of our teeth, and the final v Ajax which we won fairly comfortably.

In the final we played LvG favourites Smalling and Blind, who were totally solid. Bailly was unavailable because he got sent off in the semi :houllier:

stevoc

People citing Bailly’s stellar performances in the victorious EL campaign must have better memories than me.

The only individual games I really remember are the last two: the semi final second leg v Celta at OT where we hung on by the skin of our teeth, and the final v Ajax which we won fairly comfortably.

In the final we played LvG favourites Smalling and Blind, who were totally solid. Bailly was unavailable because he got sent off in the semi :houllier:
Even if he hadn't have been sent off he was unsurprisingly injured as well.

bosskeano

Bailly has all the athletic ability in the world, a surprising skill set at times....but he's just not a smart footballer, he's rash and a red card waiting to happen. He's our version of Xhaka with athleticism

theatreofdreams777

Better than both Maguire and Lindelof
Easily. But we'll probably sell him & keep those two. That's what we've done in the last couple of years. Move the better players on (Smalling, Dalot, Romero etc.) cheaply and keep/buy the worse ones(Maguire, AWB, Henderson etc.) for a high price. And then wonder how we ended up with a mediocre squad after spending so much.

I see so many similarities between Ole & Maguire at United. They came from a lower level, their CVs didn't have anything that suggests they should be here, they didn't improve, it was always someone else's fault & some people tried so hard to make constant excuses for them etc.

Just a year ago, there were people who argued that Ole was one of the best managers in United's history (placing him as the third after Sir Alex & Sir Matt) :lol:

I can assure you they're the exact same people who now defending Maguire. Just like they deluded themselves to believe it, they'll defend Maguire up to the point where it's universally accepted that he's not good enough for this level just like Ole wasn't. And the constant excuses will stop at that point but it'll be too late & so many years wasted just like it was the case with Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.