Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Bailly has all the athletic ability in the world, a surprising skill set at times....but he's just not a smart footballer, he's rash and a red card waiting to happen. He's our version of Xhaka with athleticism
how many reds has he gotten for us?

I am not doubting you but I only recall 1

Drakul

Easily. But we'll probably sell him & keep those two. That's what we've done in the last couple of years. Move the better players on (Smalling, Dalot, Romero etc.) cheaply and keep/buy the worse ones(Maguire, AWB, Henderson etc.) for a high price. And then wonder how we ended up with a mediocre squad after spending so much.

I see so many similarities between Ole & Maguire at United. They came from a lower level, their CVs didn't have anything that suggests they should be here, they didn't improve, it was always someone else's fault & some people tried so hard to make constant excuses for them etc.

Just a year ago, there were people who argued that Ole was one of the best managers in United's history (placing him as the third after Sir Alex & Sir Matt) :lol:

I can assure you they're the exact same people who now defending Maguire. Just like they deluded themselves to believe it, they'll defend Maguire up to the point where it's universally accepted that he's not good enough for this level just like Ole wasn't. And the constant excuses will stop at that point but it'll be too late & so many years wasted just like it was the case with Ole.
Exactly. Ole didn't deserve the job. Woodward jumped the gun after that miraculous victory over PSG. That win set us back years! If he'd have held back and judged Ole over the course of the rest of the season (as was the original plan), he would have been booted out. Our results were atrocious after that win and we finished 5th or 6th at the end of the season despite being in a strong position to finish higher.

It seems like a lot of people are hanging on to Maguire willing him to be something he never can be. Now ETH has decided to retain him as a captain. Someone who has never captained at this level before was gifted the captaincy by Ole. The board is too cowardly to admit they signed a 80mn dud and the British media would never call out an English player and keep making excuses for him. Similar excuses were made for him at the start of 2020 season where he was dreadful after that Greek fiasco. He's not even a ball-playing CB...He dawdles so much on the ball and keeps getting into trouble by high pressing forwards.

Sigh.... I don't have high hopes for this season. The transfer window has been a disaster but folks here are too deluded to admit it. This squad needed tearing up yet we'd be starting with the same midfield, attack and defense(maybe barring Martinez) that downed their tools and failed spectacularly last season! The Glazers have played a blinder here!

Last edited:

ThanksBoss26

Now being linked with Sevilla and prefers a move there over Italy, admittedly that’s according to The Sun.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
If these two fetch more than 15m count me surprised.
no idea. What is left on their contracts? I think if Bailly still has a few years left we could get 20-25 for him,

dove

no idea. What is left on their contracts? I think if Bailly still has a few years left we could get 20-25 for him,
We would be lucky to get £10m. There is absolutely no way in hell anybody would pay more for someone averaging less than 10 games per season for the past 5 years while being injured the rest of the time. Also considering he is most likely on very decent wages, I would get rid for £5m.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No chance, between his wages, injury record, and lack of standout performances.

dove

Mate we sold Dan James for a profit. When we can be arsed, we're the goat sellers
Was more to do with a fact that we sold him only a couple years after we signed him rather than letting him rot on the bench for 5 years and only then start looking for buyers.

No Love

Diego Carlos and Koundé out, Marcao and Bailly in. Throw in Telles and it could be a new look defence for Sevilla this season.

On paper, €15m is a decent fee; however, if Sevilla can get him fit and on the pitch on a consistent basis, they could well end up getting the better end of the deal. Having said that, it’s always a big “if” when it comes to Bailly’s fitness, of course.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Diego Carlos and Koundé out, Marcao and Bailly in. Throw in Telles and it could be a new look defence for Sevilla this season.

On paper, €15m is a decent fee; however, if Sevilla can get him fit and on the pitch on a consistent basis, they could well end up getting the better end of the deal. Having said that, it’s always a big “if” when it comes to Bailly’s fitness, of course.
That kinda thinking leads to overpricing him which leads to sitting our bench for another season

sell him we must

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Bailly makes sense, great squad option but he's not a ball playing CB you have to be good on the ball and Bailly can be rash. With Lindelof, Maguire, Varane and Martinez there's really no room for Bailly

Tallis

€30m for both of them please. Then we need someone to pay €15m for Ronaldo. Add the Andreas money and we would have a decent selling window for once

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Bailly makes sense, great squad option but he's not a ball playing CB you have to be good on the ball and Bailly can be rash. With Lindelof, Maguire, Varane and Martinez there's really no room for Bailly
Better on the ball than Lindelof or Varane if you ask me.

Based Adnan

€30m for both of them please. Then we need someone to pay €15m for Ronaldo. Add the Andreas money and we would have a decent selling window for once
30m for Bailly is a dream. He hasn't even played 30 games for us in the past 2 seasons. We'd do very well to get 15 imo.

pascell

Be lucky to get €20m for the pair. In all likelihood, Telles will be a loan which we probably pay quite a lot of his wages and Bailly will be about €12m.

Santos J

Off on loan to Roma with an €8m option to buy apparently.

Crimson King

Be lucky to get €20m for the pair. In all likelihood, Telles will be a loan which we probably pay quite a lot of his wages and Bailly will be about €12m.
Apparently Sevilla are paying all of Telles wages, which is why there's no fee. I imagine it'll be the same for Bailly, wherever he goes.

I think we have to accept that our fringe players are paid way too much. We'll have to make do with small transfer fees to get them out.

We're paying for the fact Woodward and the Glazers would offer them lucrative deals to protect their 'value', even when they were surplus to requirements. Ed was an investment banker and didn't understand that footballers aren't that kind of commodity.

You'd hope that going forward we wouldn't make this same mistake, and our fringe players would be of the quality to attract interest from others clubs. This might still not happen for a while yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.