Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange tactic though. Are clubs really going to pay 5-10m more with contract extension and increase in his wages particularly as he really hasn't played much in last two seasons. Better to let contract run down to one year left and then can be moved on more easily.

Can't really see you buying two CBs this summer unless you're playing 3 at the back more regularly given Maguire's a certain starter and Lindelof still around, think you're going all in for Varane.
we only need to buy 1 CB. If it was Varane, then him Maguire, Lindelof and Tuanzebe - that’s more than enough.

obviously we also have jones as well :lol:

Guapa

Disagree with most on here.Hope he stays and proves himself.

Mike Smalling

Even if we don’t get Varane or any other CB, it is time to let Eric go
Wouldn't we be a little thin with just Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and Jones? I mean Jones doesn't even really count, and Tuanzebe also has hit fitness issues.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How many years do you give someone to do that though?
Do you still think Jones can prove himself out of interest?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
People need to appreciate Maguire more just based on the fact that he has been available for every single game since he signed for us.

A far cry from the sicknote defenders we've had over the years.
So true.

Maguire is greatly underappreciated. He ain't perfect, but for feck's sake compared to injury-prone, ureliable CBs we have - he is gift from above. He is quite consistent, too couple games aside last season

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How would he do that? He's going to be fourth choice when we sign a new CB. And that's ignoring his fitness issues.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of Maguire but his fitness record alone makes him valuable. A competent CB who is literally always available - as long as he doesn't punch random Greeks - is a nice thing to have after our experiences with Rojo, Jones, Bailly and the like.
"as long as he doesn't punch random Greeks" haha, well-played, brother! I laughed so hard, I fell off the coach and had to explain myself to my wife.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Even if we don’t get Varane or any other CB, it is time to let Eric go
Bailiy out and Varane in would be a brilliant piece of work by the suits. Means Tuanzebe is guaranteed no 4 and should get lots of playing time in the long season whilst whatsitname can go out to loan in Derby again.

On that point I wonder why Jones doesn't go out on loan, could do him good as it did Jesse good too.

Gandalf

Bailiy out and Varane in would be a brilliant piece of work by the suits. Means Tuanzebe is guaranteed no 4 and should get lots of playing time in the long season whilst whatsitname can go out to loan in Derby again.
Would imagine Jones is penciled in for no 4 in that scenario now that he is fit again and with no obvious prospect of him leaving this season until he proves himself in games again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Honestly, if we sign Varane and knowing how rarely Lindelof gets injured, Bailly won't even get a single minute in PL or UCL.

Borussia Teeth

The José link's seem odd. I got the impression José didn't rate him. Never seemed to use him, even when fit after the first season. Subbed him early a couple of times too. Weird? Doubt Roma would pay any more than what Smalling cost, anyway.

Teja

Honestly, if we sign Varane and knowing how rarely Lindelof gets injured, Bailly won't even get a single minute in PL or UCL.
4x CBs seems fairly standard for most major clubs. Assuming Tuanzebe goes on loan, Varane + Maguire + Lindelof + Bailly is good.

If Tuanzebe stays, then we can move Bailly on.

He would be an absolute monster in Serie A if he can stay fit.

Irwin99

Weird. I know Jose bought him but he subbed him off after 20 minutes of the first half at the start of his last season (game against Newcastle) and he was hardly a regular. Might be better in the Italian league though.

Interval

Level
He is in the long list of United players that seem to keep getting better the longer they're out of the game. Other hits include Hargreaves, Jones, Herrera and many others. The only one that's actually managed to turn it around is Shaw.

Not good enough. Move on.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He is in the long list of United players that seem to keep getting better the longer they're out of the game. Other hits include Hargreaves, Jones, Herrera and many others. The only one that's actually managed to turn it around is Shaw.

Not good enough. Move on.
To be fair, Hargreaves was brilliant the one season he managed to stay (relatively) fit.

I don't think anyone has expected anything from Jones for at least five years, and I can't remember Herrera being out for any great length.

Last edited:

RedDevilRoshi

‘Ole, please, let me stay, I’ll take a pay cut and be happy to sit on the bench, please, I’ll never moan again, pleeeeeeaaaaaase let me stay’
More like the club will be offering him a new contract rather than Eric himself pleading to stay.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Lukaku - Sold
Sanchez - Sold

Pogba - Pending
Bailly - Pending
Dalot - Pending

Matic - Retirement pending
Grant - Retirement pending

Lindelof - About to get Varaned
Fred - Fred

Mourinho boys are disappearing one by one. :nervous:

Lukaku - Sold
Sanchez - Sold

Pogba - Pending
Bailly - Pending
Dalot - Pending

Matic - Retirement pending
Grant - Retirement pending

Lindelof - About to get Varaned
Fred - Fred

Mourinho boys are disappearing one by one. :nervous:
forgot Miki.

quite amusing his got both Smalling and Miki at Roma, albeit I feel for them both.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I like him too but I think he’s too injury prone to be a regular and he doesn’t want to be a backup. Jose to step in and become the budget Conte. There were rumours of him being in for Matic too. Italy is a great league for players who didnt cut it here/can’t anymore. Even Sanchez was ok for a while there and he is absolutely, 110% done.

Status
Not open for further replies.