Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Not going to be a big loss is it.

Unfortunate as he looked very promising initially, and has a lot of attributes, but through a combination of injuries, lack of game time and inconsistent performances he's never really got going here. You cannot really say he's a better player than what we got from Villarreal.
He's arguably worse now.

Oranges038

No loss really.

He's never fit and he's an absolute clown on the pitch, an entertaining one but still a clown, sublime one minute with a Cruyff turn on the 6 yard box the next he's smashing one away with a scissor volley under no pressure.

An unpredictable nigthmare to have in defence really.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Pity his career never really took off with us, very entertaining player which isn't really something you want in a centre back. Bailly and Rojo were literally the brothers of destruction when they played together, loved those couple of games they teamed up in.

OverratedOpinion

If he stayed fit regularly he would be excellent. It is almost inevitable that he will stay fit constantly the second he leaves us.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Only united would sell when we have no centre backs fit.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Would be glad to see the back if him but I doubt it considering only a few days ago Ralf was talking about playing a back 3.

gregor

Should have been sold a few years ago.
He is on AFCON until February anyway, and I think we can survive the next 5 months without him. Hope he can get some consistent appearances there and we can sell him in the summer.

Last edited:

Ixion

I like Baily, would be sad to see him go but good for him to get more games.

MiracleInMadrid

Only united would sell when we have no centre backs fit.
The thing that I don't understand is if we loan him out. I could understand it if we actually got a half-decent bid for him. Could be used to bring someone else in. But as a loan it makes absolutely no sense to me.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Aren’t they youngsters?
Hardly - they’re both 25 and 24. But the bigger difference is salary. They’re on squad player wages at Liverpool (who already pay far less than us) whilst Bailly’s almost certainly on a first teamer type of salary.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s an accident waiting to happen in every game he plays and he should have been gone 2-3 years ago. He’s actually a pretty good defender most of the time, albeit he most relies on recovery rather than reading the game but it’s the constant, inexplicable mistakes. If he hasn’t learned by now then it’s fair to guess that he never will.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
We should only accept a loan offer if it is with an obligation to buy. Not sure how come in recent years our transfer strategy has involved lots of loans out for senior players. I never remember Fergie loaning out senior players often; if they were not up to it, they would be sold permanently.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If there is an obligation to buy, thank you and good night. Varane and Maguire will be the main CB pairing and we have Victor and Jonah as back up. Frankly I’d be tempted to sell/loan Jonah too if anybody wants him and if necessary unleash the Fish!
Unless we win the FA Cup or CL this season is a busy so let’s use it to blood some youth.

I really like Bailly, complete nutter and should have his face in the dictionary alongside ‘enigma’.
Milan won’t pay what he’s worth sadly, despite many probably thinking 10m is too much, we should really be getting double that.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Love his spirit and ability to be like prime Nesta for 20 mins a game. Won't miss his ability to look like he's trying to swat away wasps the next 20 mins.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Only at Man United do players like this manage to stick around for 6 years before anyone notices they don’t actually do anything. Even Anderson managed to stay here for 8 years despite never actually being fit.

Gurtej

I will take Johnny Evans over him any day of the week!! I will rather take someone from bottom of the table who is consistent and don’t have moments of madness over him!!

Letting him go is a good start, not let’s start with others ….Plz…

A right and necessary step!!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
We are the worst selling club in the history of football.
Biggest myth in Premiership history this....we are 4th in the amount of money generated from player sales since the Premiership began.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Massive loss. He's our best CB when fit (with the exception of Varane).

We're getting rid of him instead of the worse CB we bought for 80m that we could probably flog to Newcastle for 50m.

It's understandable he wants out. Imagine having to watch Maguire stink up the place week in, week out and never getting a look in. That must be frustrating.

crossy1686

career ending

We're getting rid of him instead of the worse CB we bought for 80m and we could probably flog to Newcastle for 50m.
That will come in the summer, right now it's time to clear the moaners who are backup. Let's just hope this isn't another loan though

Zoo

Nowhere near being our best CB when fit. Sell.

Zlatattack

As long as it's a permanent move, no great loss. We need to replace him anyway. He's regularly injured and prone to mistakes. This is his fifth year at the club, he's not established himself as a regular.

Our second string should not be players who are significant level below, they should be players with the ability to push out their first team colleagues, or youngsters with the ability to grow into that. I know that is not always possible, but it's something we should work towards.

Hopefully once we replace him we can replace do the same with Lindelof.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Makes same amount of mistakes as Maguire.

Is an injury prone as Jones.

Because he is not English he has less pressure and is looked up upon by some as the best CB we have.

Very average player. 30 mil wasted.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Because he is not English he has less pressure and is looked up upon by some as the best CB we have.

False on all counts and he's quicker, smarter and just a better defender than Captain Fridge.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Speaking of xenophobia. Well one is a reserve while the other is United's captain and 80m record signing. Yet some still think that Maguire is good enough for Manchester United.

arthurka

We're getting rid of him instead of the worse CB we bought for 80m that we could probably flog to Newcastle for 50m.

It's understandable he wants out. Imagine having to watch Maguire stink up the place week in, week out and never getting a look in. That must be frustrating.
He absolutely isn't, he has no composure lacks all the defenders basics. Positioning is never there but he does throw himself about. Can't head the ball and prone to these baffling errors plus he is never available. Can't say I agree with you.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Speaking of xenophobia. Well one is a reserve while the other is United's captain and 80m record signing. Yet some still think that Maguire is good enough for Manchester United.
Very cute :drool:

Acting like Maguire came before Bailly and took his place.

The guy was shit when he was competing with Lindelof and Smalling!

Now he is the best all of a sudden in our squad haha.

Literally injury prone as Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.