Eric Dier runs into stand angrily confronting fan, has to be restrained

Untd55

Not banning him would be the correct decision. Too many problems if you do. They would pretty much be saying that if your brother is getting beaten the crap out of in the stands, you cannot do anything (I know his brother was not getting beaten up, but it is essentially what it means). It would be a stupid decision to punish someone for protecting their family.

cyberman

Not banning him would be the correct decision. Too many problems if you do. They would pretty much be saying that if your brother is getting beaten the crap out of in the stands, you cannot do anything (I know his brother was not getting beaten up, but it is essentially what it means). It would be a stupid decision to punish someone for protecting their family.
But theres no proof of anything they claimed that happened? If anything its a bad example to set that you can just claim family matters and youll get off.
I remember when it happened and people suddenly started claiming he was standing up to racist abuse.
Has anybody been banned? Statements taken? Videos?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why hasn't he been banned? Seems bizarre.
Spurs have been bailed out with an £175m loan from the bank of England. Standard treatment for teams who get in to financial difficulties these days...., Spurs should be doing a Leeds right now. Maybe they will anyway next year, would be a nice epitaph on Mourinho's career.

No surprise to me Dier hasn't been banned, Lo Celso didn't get banned or even a card for a vicious stamp, so many other decisions going for them or against teams they're playing this season as well. See Spurs Norwich, Spurs v City and many, many others.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's Dier, why do you care :lol:

(Apart from his tackle on Martial the other day, that was super)
It’s just really weird how under the radar it went. If it was one of the bigger teams player you can be sure the media wouldn’t have let it go.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It's Dier, why do you care :lol:

(Apart from his tackle on Martial the other day, that was super)
Doesn’t matter that it’s only Dier, because if it was a United player the media would ensure the FA took action, and that simply isn’t right.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His brother wasn’t getting the crap beaten out of him? If he jumped in for that reason and saved his brother...carried him out of the crowd like Richard Gere in an officer and a gentleman fair enough. But he just jumped in the crowd climbed rows of seats and started a mele for no justifiable reason. It can’t be allowed to happen. Chaos could ensue.

Riz

So 4 months later they make a decision after he's already played a few games since the restart?

InfiniteBoredom

4 matches is a slap on the wrist, didn’t Rooney get the same for swearing in front of the camera?

Not that his inclusion would be especially beneficial to Spurs anyway.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why did this take so long to sort out?

Also, why did City never get charged for the game having to be delayed due to their fans throwing shit at our players?

Is the answer that the FA are useless? probably...

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
4 match ban seems pretty harsh to me but at the end of the day you can't have players running into the stands like he did.

SirAnderson

Thankfully it won't hurt Spurs against Leicester later on, but still, weird to do this 4 months later, should have been cleared before his first match back, as is customary usually.

Disgraceful for them to announce this now. Should have been 14 days after the incident, which is the usual timeframe. He deserves the reprimand, but that’s not the point here.

incompetent as per usual.

Sylar

Where do they get these numbers / figures from?

Its always the case. Unless im missing something, why is this 4 games and other stuff is less (which could be more serious).
And what happens to the fine money? FA xmas party? Or 'grassroots' ...

Nickelodeon

Having seen his performances, it seems like Spurs would've themselves called the FA to remind them of this incident.

Havak

Pokemon master
Still surprised this didn't happen before the season resumed. No surprise to see Spurs are unlikely to appeal. Maybe they would have if it was a five game ban as he'd miss the rest of the season, but I think that's precisely why they went with four games so he can still feature once...

SirAnderson

:lol: :lol: I found the thread. Thanks.
I can see everybody is interesting in Spurs, Dier and Mourinho, who said he won't say anything cause he does not want trouble. Oh my dear Mou, I sink you already are in trouble.
:lol: Spot on.

It's so dumb this FA though. While having Dier out is a blessing for Spurs, and waiting them to win against LCFC, the decision 4 months later and a few games in is just plain crazy from the FA!