Eric Garcia - Wants to leave City, they want £30m

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
City and Barca are the 2 parties involved. Both masters of shady deals. Let's see how this pans out in terms of transfer fee.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully this is their Pogba (except for him coming back)
I think Sancho is their Pogba moment, lost academy player for low fee and the player was class elsewhere.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So that's potential first teamers that City have lost(Sane) and are in process of losing. Good to see this happening.

flappyjay

I meant why did he leave Barcelona then if it was his dream to play for them, unless he was released?
Don't all these Barca kids do that, fabregas, pique, deulofeu and bellerin was on his way back there until they realized he was all hype.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think any young CB at City must be wondering why they couldn't get a game last season given their injuries and the fact Pep would prefer playing a 35 year old Fernandinho out of position rather than giving them a try?
He’s only 19. There’s no way a 19 year old is getting regular playing time at CB. It’s too risky a strategy when they were chasing the league.

United would have done the exact same thing. Fergie used to play Carrick at cb regularly ahead of young uns

Pep's Suit

I think eventually Barca will pay €15m + add-ons. Clearly a lot of players see City academy as the right stepping stone in those years between 16-20 now.

Walters_19_MuFc

Don't all these Barca kids do that, fabregas, pique, deulofeu and bellerin was on his way back there until they realized he was all hype.
All? You named four, two of which who didnt go back, and one who went back but was hardly a success. Only Pique from that list made it. Hardly a great viewing for Garcia.

flappyjay

All? You named four, two of which who didnt go back, and one who went back but was hardly a success. Only Pique from that list made it. Hardly a great viewing for Garcia.
3 went back my point is they leave and when Barca come calling they run back. With bellerin everyone knew he was pushing for a move, it was no secret, it fell through but it still fits with the others. Its hardly a long list because not every academy kid that leaves became a success but this is in a period of 14 years. We don't know how Onana, Icardi and Thiago would react if Barca come calling.