Eric Ramsay joins the first team coaching set up

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Have we poached him directly from Chelsea or had he already left them (and if so why?)

Nice to see the coaching team evolving, that's how Fergie kept things fresh and success continued

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Have we poached him directly from Chelsea or had he already left them (and if so why?)

Nice to see the coaching team evolving, that's how Fergie kept things fresh and success continued
I don't think it can be called poaching as such. He decided to leave for what he sees as career progression is my take. Slightly related but a friend of my son works for Chelsea and does say that they aren't the best when it comes to paying staff like this. We get misled into thinking that because of Roman's billions everyone gets an amazing wage

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't think it can be called poaching as such. He decided to leave for what he sees as career progression is my take. Slightly related but a friend of my son works for Chelsea and does say that they aren't the best when it comes to paying staff like this. We get misled into thinking that because of Roman's billions everyone gets an amazing wage
whether you want to call it poaching or not my point was have we got him from them directly or had he already left? Seems by what you've said he was still very much with Chelsea before this which makes it all the sweeter. Also worth pointing out Chelsea were stupidly good at set pieces last season under Lampard especially

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
whether you want to call it poaching or not my point was have we got him from them directly or had he already left? Seems by what you've said he was still very much with Chelsea before this which makes it all the sweeter. Also worth pointing out Chelsea were stupidly good at set pieces last season under Lampard especially
He hadn't left. the way it works with non playing staff like any other employee is that you can leave with the appropriate notice

Edit..headhunted would be a better term

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hopefully the first of a few. Hopefully he lives up to the billing, would be absolutely great to see the club get another one or two coaches in with more experience than what we've got, with strong ideas on tactics and team movement.

Blood Mage

Our set-piece defending was horrifying last season so this could be good news.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Frank Lampard brought in Anthony Berry to coach set pieces and defense. When Tuchel came he was impressed with Berry and kept him as a coach for the same reasons. Ramsey probably seen with Berry being a younger coach, he was not going to get promoted. He is a very promising coach.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Was just going to say the same myself. Did a year at Chelsea and they let him go. Wonder why? :confused:
Unbelievable that you have somehow made a wrong assumption. We poached him for Chelsea and he wasn't let go.

KM

That's because it's a promotion. He was working at u23 for Chelsea and now he'll be working here with the senior squad.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His name is like something from Dream Team. He joins Harchester after having a torrid time at a big club, probably drugs-related and then he disappears between seasons as the actor had a baby on the way and picked up a few extra shifts in the local leisure centre and wasn’t available. They vaguely mention he went to Fiorentina at some point for reasons no one is clear on.
That brings back some memories :lol:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
‘...joint the best club in the world and the country’

Never fails to make me cringe when we give ourselves these silly accolades.
Indeed. Someone should explain to Ole that the country is within the world, thus rendering the final part of his sentence utterly superfluous. He needs to go back to school to study geography and stay there until he passes his first big test.

KM

Indeed. Someone should explain to Ole that the country is within the world, thus rendering the final part of his sentence utterly superfluous. He needs to go back to school to study geography and stay there until he passes his first big test.
That's quite a cringeworthy reaction to a normal line.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This thread will be bumped everytime we concede from a set piece.