Eric Ramsay joins the first team coaching set up

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We have 7-foot giants in Ronaldo, slabhead, varane, and mctom. Couldn't even get one on target from 11 corners.

Harold_Giles

We have 7-foot giants in Ronaldo, slabhead, varane, and mctom. Couldn't even get one on target from 11 corners.
Wanted to see us making more of these corners today.
However I'm encouraged that our defending on set pieces look alot better compared to last season.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why did Shaw keep doing them weird scooped floaty far post corners? Surely zipping one in with a bit of pace is more likely to result in a goal?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s pretty much the same corner over and over. I preferred it when Bruno took them on the left and Shaw on the right. An in swinger is also less likely to to be deflected out for a counter. Bruno assisted Maguire from a corner from the left in one of his first games and then he stopped taking them. I keep saying it, I don’t know why we don’t in swing. Shaw just keeps spamming the same ball into Maguire. Hopefully we learn and diversify ASAP. Some short corners etc. Change it up.

cyril C

However I'm encouraged that our defending on set pieces look alot better compared to last season.
Yes we are much improved on defending. Just need to significantly improve on attacking. May be just a matter on priority, so scoring some goals in 2 months time.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
True. Now not every set pieces would create opportunities for for opponent.

Lentwood

Yeah but we haven't conceded from a corner yet, and given our record last year, if we could even halve the number of goals we concede at set-pieces that would be hugely significant

snk123

Strikes me as one of those people who look busy, talk a lot but have nothing to show for.

What exactly is he doing if we can concede so many and create so few chances from set pieces?

Jaxa

The real P.E teacher , seriously what’s this guys background , marketing ? He must of had one hell of a PowerPoint presentation to convince the United Board to give him a job,

He’s somehow managed to make us worse at corners and set pieces both in defence and attack

snk123

Strikes me as one of those people who look busy, talk a lot but have nothing to show for.

What exactly is he doing if we can concede so many and create so few chances from set pieces?
Called it earlier as well. We're so poor from set pieces now its laughable really.

tomaldinho1

The real P.E teacher , seriously what’s this guys background , marketing ? He must of had one hell of a PowerPoint presentation to convince the United Board to give him a job,

He’s somehow managed to make us worse at corners and set pieces both in defence and attack
I don't think he's technically graduated yet as doing a PhD from what we were told.
Love the idea of a Doctor of corners

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I've not seen him on our bench today and he wasn't giving out instructions to the subs like he was under Ole. Has he gone?

Zoo

Who was the bald guy in charge of set pieces today?

Seij

No presentation necessary. He was highly recommended by McKenna, who was his college mate.

Based Adnan

Buendia is beating us on corners and getting headers off. Get this fraud out ffs.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sounds like he’s had an unmotivated squad to work with and came in at the end of Ole. Not exactly ideal working conditions. Same as McKenna regarded as a top young coach and would probably end up doing well elsewhere if he left. Fans just need someone to blame.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sounds like he’s had an unmotivated squad to work with and came in at the end of Ole. Not exactly ideal working conditions. Same as McKenna regarded as a top young coach and would probably end up doing well elsewhere if he left. Fans just need someone to blame.
No, reality is this; for fans football is just a football. Something in which we invest emotions and free time (and some money for tickets and shirts of course). For people who work in football it is a job. For which they are payed. Bigger club = bigger wage = bigger task. He was bought and payed to improve our set pieces. Why he failed is not important. He failed. And oh boy, he really did failed in that.

United fans just have too much sympathy for managers and players. I don't get it. Man Utd is the only thing which is important. If some employee (player, manager, coach) is not doing job good, he needs to be blamed for it and replaced. Simple as that.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Unless he's implementing some kind of set-piece revolution, I'm not sure why he's still in a job. RR must know someone who is at least a somewhat effective set-piece coach.

Do the players even respect him? I really don't believe our players are so bad they can't even score from a corner.