Eric Ramsay joins the first team coaching set up

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I wonder how many sessions they do a week focused on set pieces.

At this point it must be pretty awkward every time he starts one.
He should do a full Jose circa 2004 and sprint down the touchline when/if we score from a corner this season.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
'Kieran knows him really well from Loughborough'

I fecking knew there was a missing piece in the puzzle.

copen1945

Bruno cannot hit it past the 1st man. Maybe it isn't all on the coach or the coaching. I doubt Ramsay has the authority to suggest to take Bruno off of the responsibility.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Chelsea really miss him. Just like City miss Fred and Maguire.

Danish Wizard

A worldclass set piece coach would see where the problem is, and then replace Bruno so Phil Jones could take the corners.

The Siege

Every time United get a corner, all I can think of is that clip of Rangnick asking a room full of coaches that 'if 30% of goals comes from set pieces, how much time should we as coaches spend time on perfecting set pieces?'

ash_86

We don't have a player that can deliver who can deliver an effective set piece. Also , our players rarely throw themselves at the in coming ball. It looks like the team is worried not to concede a goal on the other end due to a counter.

tenpoless

I miss the days when you didn't need a specific set piece coach for the players to do their set pieces properly.
What's next? ball possession coach, heading coach, shooting coach, how to behave off the field coach.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
To be fair there are a lot of rumours out that he barely gets to train them on set pieces as he is regularly asked to warm up defenders and other basic training jobs that aren't part of his remit.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I miss the days when you didn't need a specific set piece coach for the players to do their set pieces properly.
What's next? ball possession coach, heading coach, shooting coach, how to behave off the field coach.
They have most of those coaches already, a shooting coach and someone who tells them how to behave (PR)

Varun1

To be fair there are a lot of rumours out that he barely gets to train them on set pieces as he is regularly asked to warm up defenders and other basic training jobs that aren't part of his remit.
I haven't heard that, was that during Ole's time with us or currently, under RR?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I haven't heard that, was that during Ole's time with us or currently, under RR?
Under RR

Quote: "Under Solskjaer, the 29-year-old was often given regular time to work with the squad. That would normally entail him coaching them 30 minutes after specific sessions, while he was also given the authority to take charge of certain drills. Under Rangnick, however, it’s claimed things have changed. It’s said Ramsay’s opportunities to work on set pieces have ‘become reduced’, though he has taken on extra responsibilities following the departures of the likes of Michael Carrick, Martyn Pert and McKenna. He now helps warm defenders up before matches, which was one of McKenna’s roles prior to his departure. Some inside the club believe United, in order to turn their situation around, should explore using a quick corner."

Link: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...d-news-Ralf-Rangnick-Eric-Ramsay-changes-role

It's the bolded bit I love, we will catch them out with quick corners by leaking to the press we will be doing quick corners! (Maybe we leaked that and will be doing the old "Switcheroo" and smash that corner long and bamboozle them!)

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
as mr. miyagi once said, “first, you have to work out all the ways to not score from a corner before you can truly learn how to score from one.” and there’s a lot of truth in that.

i’ve been plotting the course and trajectory of all maguire’s headed attempts from corners. he’s on course to have exhausted all options other than to score by the year 2042. from then on, it’s goal after goal after goal, baby. i think that’s why we spent so much money on a defender who can’t run. he’s not going to get any slower as he gets older, he’ll just turn into a goal machine.

Telsim

Yet another "very sought-after coach". Closing in on 140 corners without a goal? Shocking! He has to get sacked as soon as possible. I'm sorry, but this isn't a place where you go to get experience.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Yet another "very sought-after coach". Closing in on 140 corners without a goal? Shocking! He has to get sacked as soon as possible. I'm sorry, but this isn't a place where you go to get experience.
totally agree. i want every coach, every manager, every player, every youth prospect to leave old trafford less experienced than when they came.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Might be poking the bear here but we're undeniably a lot better when defending corners which was pretty much our weakest area by a mile last season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
as mr. miyagi once said, “first, you have to work out all the ways to not score from a corner before you can truly learn how to score from one.” and there’s a lot of truth in that.

i’ve been plotting the course and trajectory of all maguire’s headed attempts from corners. he’s on course to have exhausted all options other than to score by the year 2042. from then on, it’s goal after goal after goal, baby. i think that’s why we spent so much money on a defender who can’t run. he’s not going to get any slower as he gets older, he’ll just turn into a goal machine.
There was also a great man who said "QUIET"

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Might be poking the bear here but we're undeniably a lot better when defending corners which was pretty much our weakest area by a mile last season.
what you thinking? ramsey statute on united road?

Mike Smalling

I love this place :lol:

The outrage that our set piece coach hasn't made us score from a corner yet. It doesn't even crack the top 10 of our biggest problems. Also, there is obviously so much randomness to this. If Varane had headed in that corner against West Ham, people would probably be singing Ramsay's praises instead.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Every time United get a corner, all I can think of is that clip of Rangnick asking a room full of coaches that 'if 30% of goals comes from set pieces, how much time should we as coaches spend time on perfecting set pieces?'
Flawed logic by Ralf to assume it should be 30%

If I'm learning a super simple song with a difficult solo that is only 5% of the song, you don't spend only 5% of your time on the solo :D

kundalini

I'm surprised United don't have one of our players sprint beyond the near post so that they can flick on any corners that otherwise would be cleared easily by the first defender. Plenty of opposing teams have done this to us.

Fitchett

The simple fact that most of our corners don't even beat the first man says it all. It's baffling how shit we are at a simple aspect of the game.
I remember my primary school teacher used to berate anyone whose corner was cut out by the first defender. Our corner failures are as fundamental as you can get.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'm surprised United don't have one of our players sprint beyond the near post so that they can flick on any corners that otherwise would be cleared easily by the first defender. Plenty of opposing teams have done this to us.
“the players are said to be unhappy at the extra running they now need to do for corners and feel like the time could be better served at home composing their PR pieces for post match updates”

DonBecks

I'm totally convinced that the slopes at the sides of the pitch are hurting us from corners, it's very difficult to get the requisite power in the cross with a one step run up.

DonBecks

We're just as shite at corners away from home though.
I know it might seem insignificant, but almost everyone would choose to take a bigger run up than we get at home. It certainly doesn't help with any kind of consistency in taking the kicks if in half your games you get a one step or an interrupted run up.

I do have a bit of an agenda against the slope in general but I'm totally convinced it hinders us at corners.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm totally convinced that the slopes at the sides of the pitch are hurting us from corners, it's very difficult to get the requisite power in the cross with a one step run up.
We're just as shite at corners away from home though.
We also regularly concede from corners at home.

DonBecks

We also regularly concede from corners at home.
Regularly? I'm not sure of the specifics but we've conceded from 5 set pieces this season in the league, maybe they are but I wouldn't have thought they are all corners at home? Villa at home sticks out.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's the job he was hired for...