Erik ten Hag - Ajax Manager

Caesar2290

Honestly, as much fun as this Ajax side is to watch, that high line combined with the name Maguire makes me afraid we might end up in the relegation zone next season. :nervous:
You can add De Gea and his habit of being glued to the 6 yard box, and yup... I think you might be on to something there.

L1nk

Being replaced by Alfreud Schreuder apparently of Club Brugge

Caesar2290

The impressive thing is that he made it all the way to the final of the KNVB cup this year as well where they narrowly lost to an in form PSG. Very good stats for ETH. Can't wait till he turns us into an attacking unit again :drool:

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
We’re getting Schreuder, I can almost cry. What a downgrade.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The impressive thing is that he made it all the way to the final of the KNVB cup this year as well where they narrowly lost to an in form PSG. Very good stats for ETH. Can't wait till he turns us into an attacking unit again :drool:
I think PSG had an early exit from the cup this year actually.

Also, PSV has never really been in form this year. They've been blowing hot and cold all season - but had the fight to see the final out.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Erik ten Hag and 'weird' seem to be synonyms. Quirky is great for a fanbase as they take to his idiosyncrasies, if he's successful, but I hope it's not the inlet by which the press try to make a meme out of him.

The spotlight will be intense next season; if he's not given a grace period or the caveats of the shitheap he's walking into are conveniently omitted, it could be a baptism of fire.

I don't doubt his constitution, although it'd be absolutely fantastic if he has the mental fortitude to not let anything outside the club get under his skin, at all.

This is the only managerial appointment I have no niggling doubts about since Fergie retired, and hopefully he can usher in an age of dignity for us once more. Our standards and bar need raising, and if he's the man to turn things around godhood will await him.

Hughes35

Erik ten Hag and 'weird' seem to be synonyms. Quirky is great for a fanbase as they take to his idiosyncrasies, if he's successful, but I hope it's not the inlet by which the press try to make a meme out of him.

The spotlight will be intense next season; if he's not given a grace period or the caveats of the shitheap he's walking into are conveniently omitted, it could be a baptism of fire.

I don't doubt his constitution, although it'd be absolutely fantastic if he has the mental fortitude to not let anything outside the club get under his skin, at all.

This is the only managerial appointment I have no niggling doubts about since Fergie retired, and hopefully he can usher in an age of dignity for us once more. Our standards and bar need raising, and if he's the man to turn things around godhood will await him.

Yea, I agree on the last point. He's the first manager appointment I've fully agreed with at the right time.

Moyes - We should have got Jose.
LVG - Wouldn't have needed if we had got Jose in the first place (and LVG never should have managed us)..... Even though I liked him.
Jose - Should have been hired years earlier, was clearly passed his best when we got him.
Ole - Had no choice but to hire him after his good start as interim...... only ended up with him as interim because of the mistakes years earlier.
Ten Hag - The right manager at the right time.

That's not to say it will 100% work out. I do think it was the right choice from the board though, and it's the one I would have made for the first time.