Erik ten Hag - Ajax Manager

Kaos

I made it tricky on purpose to see what he chooses. 3. is too easy, I think.

Literally everyone in existence would pick 3. except for the Glazers, Woodward, and Judge.
If Ten Hag is guaranteed then option 2. I REALLY want Ten Hag :lol:

IrishMcD

Or 3. Ragnick/Favre/Valverde now and Ten Hag end of season?
Thats the one, or option 4 just throw an extra million at him and get him now. Rather it in his pocket than in Joels ;) I know, 99% never gonna happen but he would be my ideal manager. Bring him in Frankie and deLigt to replace Maguire and McTom...... god i wish real life was as simple as FM

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Pochettino has never shown the level of capability when it comes to coaching a proactive brand of football that I'm seeing from ten Hag in the Champions League. The transitions both offensively/defensively, with the midfield forwards/backline in such symmetry is a joy to behold.

Pochettino was fortunate he ended up at Southampton, after they'd been scouting Coutinho at Espanyol and spotted a opportunity to get Pochettino. There's a number of coaches in Germany who IMO are at least on the same level as Poch or even better but have never got the opportunity at a big club.
Do you reckon Ten Hag could come to the PL and make Spurs highest scorers and best defence in the league at the same time? Or any of these number of other managers you claim are better?

I get the love in for Ten Hag and I'd be really happy with him or Poch. But these fans that are trying to make out there is only one way to skin a cat, and it's Ten Hag's way, are wrong. And what gets me, the real kicker, is most of these posters were trying to tell me Ole is the man only a few weeks ago and comparable to Fergie, Klopp etc.

Basically this place is so full of shit and stupid agendas.

Tarrou

Do you reckon Ten Hag could come to the PL and make Spurs highest scorers and best defence in the league at the same time? Or any of these number of other managers you claim are better?

I get the love in for Ten Hag and I'd be really happy with him or Poch. But these fans that are trying to make out there is only one way to skin a cat, and it's Ten Hag's way, are wrong. And what gets me, the real kicker, is most of these posters were trying to tell me Ole is the man only a few weeks ago and comparable to Fergie, Klopp etc.

Nobody told you Ole was the man a few weeks ago and comparable to Fergie, let alone ‘most of them’. If you have to invent things to make your point it’s not a very good point.

monosierra

If our club have any sense then that's our guy.

Unfortunately we don't.
What if he prefers City though. A well drilled squad with Pep's training, a stable ownership that prizes prestige over profits, and ironically enough - more respect for the sport than the accountants running our club to the ground.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Nobody told you Ole was the man a few weeks ago and comparable to Fergie, let alone ‘most of them’. If you have to invent things to make your point it’s not a very good point.
Ok a couple of months ago (still one or two after even Liverpool). And they did, you know they did. We all argued about this for weeks on end. Anybody that wanted to stand by Ole needs to reign themselves in when trying to declare a certain coach 'the one' or another, similar level coach, not good enough. They don't know what they're on about.

Tarrou

Ok a couple of months ago (still one or two after even Liverpool). And they did, you know they did. We all argued about this for weeks on end. Anybody that wanted to stand by Ole needs to reign themselves in when trying to declare a certain coach 'the one' or another, similar level coach, not good enough. They don't know what they're on about.
Maybe at the start of the season yeah, after finishing 2nd and signing Ronaldo. I don’t think anyone supporting the manager then had anything to feel ashamed about, nor do I think their opinions are not worthy now.

I take your point about ETH being flavour of the month, though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

It all depends on if he can get his ideas across to the team. If he succeeds in doing that, then I fully believe he would obliterate Pochettino's goals scored record at Spurs because we have to remember that United had fallen from their perch, Arsenal also, and City and Liverpool hadn't become the teams that they became under Klopp and Guardiola.

There's a few ways to win and I wouldn't be too disheartened if we appointed Poch, but ten Hag does have the bigger potential IMO,
because his blue print on playing a proactive brand of football is superior IMO, but it's also more difficult to implement which is gonna be the problem he will have to navigate if he's to be successful. I'd honestly take Adi Hutter over Poch who I believe is a better coach but has never got the opportunity at a big club like Les Reed gave to Pochettino at Southampton

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Ten Hag would not need to get rid of de Gea/Ronaldo. Maybe a replacement for de Gea would be looked at in time.

hungrywing

If someone were to compile those same stats for Pep/Klopp/SAF and then send the resulting comparison out into the twittervale and, on the back of that, the Glazerlings and Woodtrough ended up going all out for Ten Hag, then said someone would probably deserve a small but significant statue outside OT.

I don't think the bolded part is it. Although I'm sure there are individual people (or even pockets/clumps) like the ones you describe.

But what's going on largely is that a lot of people are sensing that Ten Hag's on another plane to Poch. The difference is small, yes, but non-trivial. Kind of like how an 88 is a B+ and a 92 is an A-.

#2 all day for me.
Thank you.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What if he prefers City though. A well drilled squad with Pep's training, a stable ownership that prizes prestige over profits, and ironically enough - more respect for the sport than the accountants running our club to the ground.
well get him before city. Pep isn't going anywhere yet.

We need to make him realise how much we want him - of course he will leave ajax for us. Managers like him want belief and a structure to work in, that's the biggest issue.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
How many were added to the ten hag bandwagon today ?

Grabbed a win with the reserve team.

MUFC OK

Always thought this guy was best placed to challenge pep/Klopp and make us a real force.

I’d be gobsmacked if the real reason were going for an interim is that we’ve lined him up in the summer.

maybe the board have seen our next manager poll??

MUFC OK

I've also noticed the individual quality difference between the Ajax players and our own. Just imagining what he can do with our squad :drool:
He could do ungodly, obscene things. I’m convinced he’s the saviour :devil:

MUFC OK

Or 3. Ragnick/Favre/Valverde now and Ten Hag end of season?
Rangnick best placed to implement his style. My confirmation bias is backing the board to somehow, finally get it right..

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Alright boys, Ajax is playing Besiktas right now. They are without some of their key men(Blind and Haller), are a goal down and Besiktas is hitting them on the counter, but so far it's really nice to look at what a well organized team looks like.

I've also noticed the individual quality difference between the Ajax players and our own. Just imagining what he can do with our squad :drool:
We'd be ripping teams apart.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Feyenoord can take the lead in the league with their game in hand. Does that disqualify ETH? Does it mean we can black mail him into joining in the summer by threatening to send Amad to Van Persie?

Too bald for my liking. Hard pass.
Shut it, Homer

Sviken

What impresses me the most is his mentality that you could see here:

This guy has the classic winner mentality. I'd be more than happy to wait for him if we bring someone like Valverde in for interim.

Caesar2290

His English is awful though. Man, even worse than Van Gaal.
Tbf, Sir Alex's English wasn't any better :lol:

What I'm hearing from this, is that he hasn't got a fetish for only making subs after 60 mins and annoying 85 min subs?
Yup. He used to though, but he ironed it out apparently. The man is very adaptable. He changes his tactics to suit the team he has, not vice versa.

Caesar2290

This guy has the classic winner mentality. I'd be more than happy to wait for him if we bring someone like Valverde in for interim.
You can add this one to the collection as well

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Getting points is nothing but an ego boost.