Erik ten Hag - Ajax Manager

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Announcement tomorrow to take the heat off this result. Classic Man Utd.

James35

I pray this guy really shakes the place up.

However if he picks Maguire and keeps him as captain then I think I will just give up on football.

Blood Mage

The club's PR strategy is so depressingly transparent. They knew this hammering was coming and that they'd be announcing Ten Hag tomorrow.

Joseunited

I'm scared for him, i'd be scared for any manager coming in here; i'm sorry to be a prophet of doom but the structure of this club and the players that are here are appalling. You can read Ralf's earlier quotes today as very telling in the sense that United are lacking in just about every single thing that makes a club successful.

People including myself are hoping for a miracle.
No point being scared for him, he's got to be the catalyst that gets this shambles of a football club going again.
If he's accepted the job then we have to believe that we will finally get our act together and act like a club heading in the right direction.
Get recruitment right, bin the dross that don't belong at the club and start playing the Ten Hag way.

croadyman

I guarantee you he watched the game tonight and analyzed it from every direction.
What I would give for him to show that Guardiola towards Hart like ruthlessness with these cowards. Someone needs to shake this place up in a MASSIVE way

Chief123

I really worry for Ten Haag and his reputation. I think he’s a fantastic coach coming to a club in such a mess that I’m not even sure Klopp or Pep could fix this.

ETH literally has barely anything to work with. He needs a virtually new team if not squad to have any kind of progression.

I know people use Klopp as a comparison and how he rebuilt Liverpool, but don’t forget the team Klopp inherited was nowhere near as bad as this Utd team. That Liverpool team had gone within a whisker of winning the league under Rodgers (and should have as well) before Klopp came in. This Utd team isn’t even a top 5 team.

I just don’t know how ETH is going to rebuild a team which is going to require at least 2/3 years of patience while at the same time still having to endure some very difficult results against the likes of Liverpool and City. Unless he’s allowed to bring in 5/6 players of his own choice this summer, it’s going to be very messy before we have any sign of improvement.

Robindinho

The club's PR strategy is so depressingly transparent. They knew this hammering was coming and that they'd be announcing Ten Hag tomorrow.
Yep, that's all we are now. PR United.

Probably announce an agreement tomorrow morning, spend the day telling us about his history/how he likes to play etc. Nothing else will come out now about the result and they'll act like tonight's game never happened.

KeanoMagicHat

Everyone says it's going to be a really hard job for Ten Hag, I think it gets easier by the minute actually. The standard is so low and the expectations so low at the start that he will be allowed to get away with things. The quality of coaching has been so substandard all year, that even a month of Ten Hag's coaching should help the team look halfway functional, which will look miraculous relative to the shitshow that's currently on display.

TheReligion

Abusive
I really worry for Ten Haag and his reputation. I think he’s a fantastic coach coming to a club in such a mess that I’m not even sure Klopp or Pep could fix this.

ETH literally has barely anything to work with. He needs a virtually new team if not squad to have any kind of progression.

I know people use Klopp as a comparison and how he rebuilt Liverpool, but don’t forget the team Klopp inherited was nowhere near as bad as this Utd team. That Liverpool team had gone within a whisker of winning the league under Rodgers (and should have as well) before Klopp came in. This Utd team isn’t even a top 5 team.

I just don’t know how ETH is going to rebuild a team which is going to require at least 2/3 years of patience while at the same time still having to endure some very difficult results against the likes of Liverpool and City. Unless he’s allowed to bring in 5/6 players of his own choice this summer, it’s going to be very messy before we have any sign of improvement.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
An elite manager need both world class tactical and motivational skills. I fear he doesnt have the charisma to motivate and make United play the game he wants. Its much easier to make a smaller team play your game who doesnt have the big egos + the pressure is smaller.

I love the fotball he stands for though and his records at Ajax are top notch. Beside Conte he is the man i wanted, and i hope it works out for us this time. 10 years of suffer is way way to much for a club like United.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Everyone says it's going to be a really hard job for Ten Hag, I think it gets easier by the minute actually. The standard is so low and the expectations so low at the start that he will be allowed to get away with things. The quality of coaching has been so substandard all year, that even a month of Ten Hag's coaching should help the team look halfway functional, which will look miraculous relative to the shitshow that's currently on display.
Plus all of the players leaving. He couldn't come in at a better time really.

Kaos

Ralf has been playing too much FM in his downtime with Lokomotiv.

(Yes I know he probably didn't mean over one window, but its funny imagining us putting in 15 speculative bids for all the players we're tenuously linked with).

Chief123

Let’s hope it’s true. 7 players coming in is a minimum requirement tbh considering we are going to lose Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Mata, Bailly and possibly Ronaldo. Bringing in 7 players is a must.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Let’s hope it’s true. 7 players coming in is a minimum requirement tbh considering we are going to lose Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Mata, Bailly and possibly Ronaldo. Bringing in 7 players is a must.
Not necessarily as our squad is currently heavily bloated moreso than a normal squad.

KeanoMagicHat

There needs to be a change of culture in the types of players we buy too, not commercial, high wage, big PR players. Avoid 100m players. If it's to be 70-80m, it has to be worth it. Don't be afraid of smart 20-30m qualified punts. You see clubs all over the league pick these players up, but United just seem to wait to see if they're 'proven' before buying them, which adds 50m to their price tag.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nah. We are overly bloated. A summer of 3 starters (CF/RW/DM) with 1 squad player (RB/CB like Timber) would be a very good summer. All you need is 2 players per position and some space for some youth and a 3rd GK to round out the 25. Just needs to be the right signings.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
So 3-4 weeks into the job and he called Oles' 3 year rebuild a failure? No wonder the current lot despise him :lol:

Wait until 4 of these are Diallo , Garner , Martial and pereira
Pereira is already getting sold, we have a fee agreed. And, Diallo and Garner are bother young who deserve a chance. Martial is a question mark, sure.

Red00012

So 3-4 weeks into the job and he called Oles' 3 year rebuild a failure? No wonder the current lot despise him :lol:

Pereira is already getting sold, we have a fee agreed. And, Diallo and Garner are bother young who deserve a chance. Martial is a question mark, sure.
Nothing agreed over Pereira they don’t want to pay £10 million

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Definite outs are - Mata Grant Matic Lingard Pogba Cavani

V likely outs are - Jones Baily Pereira

50/50 (?) - Shaw, Telles, AWB, Dalot, Martial

And we can assume loans stay on loan another year.

^ full backs are guesswork, I would just be surprised if any of them were rated.

In any case, 9 at least are definitely out the door. That opens room for 4 first team incomings or so. And maybe a full back too.

KeanoMagicHat

Definite outs are - Mata Grant Matic Lingard Pogba Cavani

V likely outs are - Jones Baily Pereira

50/50 (?) - Shaw, Telles, AWB, Dalot

^ full backs are guesswork, I would just be surprised if any of them were rated.

In any case, 9 at least are definitely out the door. That opens room for 4 first team I comings or so. And maybe a full back too.
City got rid of 4 full-backs and got 3 in one summer once, but that was because contracts were up, it would be very unusual for that to happen and also a waste of resources when they would be fine as back-ups even if you wanted to go another direction.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
City got rid of 4 full-backs and got 3 in one summer once, but that was because contracts were up, it would be very unusual for that to happen and also a waste of resources when they would be fine as back-ups even if you wanted to go another direction.
Yeah mean to say one or max two of them will go. I find full back is a position where often there are diamonds found from nowhere though. Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring one or two in.

Chief123

There needs to be a change of culture in the types of players we buy too, not commercial, high wage, big PR players. Avoid 100m players. If it's to be 70-80m, it has to be worth it. Don't be afraid of smart 20-30m qualified punts. You see clubs all over the league pick these players up, but United just seem to wait to see if they're 'proven' before buying them, which adds 50m to their price tag.
I agree to an extent but we do also have the problem of being Man Utd. As soon as we become interested in a player, the price goes up 30% because other clubs know we have the revenue and we spend big. Luis Diaz for Liverpool is looking like an absolute bargain, but if we were to try and get him I just don’t see us ever getting him for that price.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I agree to an extent but we do also have the problem of being Man Utd. As soon as we become interested in a player, the price goes up 30% because other clubs know we have the revenue and we spend big. Luis Diaz for Liverpool is looking like an absolute bargain, but if we were to try and get him I just don’t see us ever getting him for that price.
We better start