Erik ten Hag identifies four Man Utd transfers in summit with club chiefs as he plans summer overhaul (Telegraph)

jm99

£5M - CENTRE BACK = Goncalo Inacio
£35M - CENTRE MIDFIELDER = Frenkie De Jong
£10-15M - CENTRE MIDFIELDER = Ibrahim Sangare
£10-15M - VERSATILE ATTACKER = Christopher NKunku

Total spend: £60-70M. That leaves room for more strengthening, such as Rice (£50-60M) + AWB replacement.
After this we should get Kane and son for £30m combined, then see about van dijk for £20m

RedDevil@84

ERIK TEN HAG has outlined a shortlist of priority positions Manchester United should look to address in the transfer market.

Ten Hag has held a meeting with United director John Murtough to discuss the areas United will prioritise.

Four players will be prioritised this summer, with two midfielders, a versatile attacker and a centre-half all on the list. My guess is:

CENTRE BACK = Goncalo Inacio
CENTRE MIDFIELDER = Frenkie De Jong
CENTRE MIDFIELDER = Ibrahim Sangare
VERSATILE ATTACKER = Christopher NKunku

Who do we think it will be?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...arget-barcelona-star-frenkie-de-jong-reunite/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18551513/ten-hag-transfer-targets-united/
So Murtough is the mole?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
After this we should get Kane and son for £30m combined, then see about van dijk for £20m
Nah, we might want to consider paying the extra £1.25 for Mbappe and Benzema.

diarm

Nkunku won't be going anywhere for anything less than £50-60m. De Jong won't be going for less than £60m minimum either.

I don't know much about Sangare but Inacio would be £30-40m minimum as well.

Dante

Average bang
So a meeting happened in Amsterdam and the only people in the room were EtH, Murtough, McClaren and Van der Gaag.

And we're supposed to believe that one of them leaked the details of the meeting?

To The Sun newspaper of all things?

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit.

RedDevil@84

So a meeting happened in Amsterdam and the only people in the room were EtH, Murtough, McClaren and Van der Gaag.

And we're supposed to believe that one of them leaked the details of the meeting?

Get out of here with common sense posts

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
We won't get De Jong at the price suggested in the OP.

Double it - then possibly. And even then, word is that he isn't really keen on leaving (and that Xavi isn't actually keen on moving him on) - even though he hasn't exactly settled in perfectly in football terms.

ETA He's got four more years on his current contract and remains a very highly valued player. So, again - no chance we're getting him for that kind of money.

tjb

We won't get De Jong at the price suggested in the OP.

Double it - then possibly. And even then, word is that he isn't really keen on leaving (and that Xavi isn't actually keen on moving him on) - even though he hasn't exactly settled in perfectly in football terms.

ETA He's got four more years on his current contract and remains a very highly valued player. So, again - no chance we're getting him for that kind of money.
We'll get him for 60ish.

Add 20m to the rest. The truth is, we could afford that easily.

What's more important is making the sales so that we can get a decent right back

hobbers

Even if my price predictions are wrong by 10-15%, we could still get those 4 players for £69-81M, and have room leftover for Rice (£60-70M).
Can't even tell if trolling or genuinely not living in the real world. :lol:

flappyjay

Man DeJong will be 70 alone. Do you not follow mainstream football news? We signed Sancho for 75 last summer. Your prices are literally half and less to market value
It's what players used to cost pre Neymar to psg. His been under a rock.

RC89

Total spend: £60-70M. That leaves room for more strengthening, such as Rice (£50-60M) + AWB replacement.
:lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
RB has to be high on our priority list for me. Even better if we can sign someone like Timber who can play other positions of need as well.

nav_10

It did happen!

May be the meeting took place in one of Amsterdam's famous cafes, and either Murtough or Mclaren got absolutely plastered with too much cake, hence the slip up and revealing of details to the Sun.

Got to feel for Ten Hag. Barely a day in the job, and he's already got a rat to deal with!

Reactions: oates

glasgow 21

It did happen!

May be the meeting took place in one of Amsterdam's famous cafes, and either Murtough or Mclaren got absolutely plastered with too much cake, hence the slip up and revealing of details to the Sun.

Got to feel for Ten Hag. Barely a day in the job, and he's already got a rat to deal with!
Simple give ten people in Utd 4 names, 3 the same and the 4th one 10 different players and see which one ( or more) shows up in the paper sand there folks you have your mole(s) once and for all.

cyril C

Even if my price predictions are wrong by 10-15%, we could still get those 4 players for £69-81M, and have room leftover for Rice (£60-70M).
I am sorry, you are off by 100%. Double the amount you quote, might end up with the players you mentioned. And that is before any fat agent put his fingers into the jar, or any 3rd party ownership emerge.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
CB - Timber De Ligt 70m
DM - De Jong 70m
DM - Tchouameni 70m
FW - Nkunku Mbappe 0m

Its just a wish list, why not dream big.

Last edited:

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Forward: Nunez 65m or Nkunku 65m
Forward: Antony 50m or Bergwijn 30m
Midfield: De Jong 65m
Midfield: Kamara free or Sangare 35m
CB: Inacio 35m or Ndicka 35m
LB: Sosa 25m

Last edited:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It was a mistake to invite Lingard to this private meeting.

DevilRed

Hopefully we dont get fleeced.

Bringing in players on the cheap has been difficult for us because clubs know we have money.

But with the overhaul in staff, I think we've become more and more shrewd in the transfer market.

pascell

Could've been leaked by the agency umbrella ten Hag comes under.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Your attention-seeking got tiring years ago, give it a rest.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Problem is, many players won't want to come because we aren't in the European Cup, so the only reason to come would be for over inflated wages. Or Ten Haag persuades them to become part of a rebuild

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Marc Guehi might not be a bad one to look at for CB
I think he’d be very good. Tidy on the ball and left footed. CP could ask silly money for him now though. He’d be over 50 million.

Woziak

Your attention-seeking got tiring years ago, give it a rest.
have you got a 2009 Football manager FDJ -35M and the other prices we are still United, that means the price goes up by 15/20%.
West Ham are not selling Rice for less than £100m, why because City spent that On Grealish and benched him most of the season, love your optimism but it’s sadly misspent.

Woziak

have you got a 2009 Football manager FDJ -35M and the other prices we are still United, that means the price goes up by 15/20%.
West Ham are not selling Rice for less than £100m, why because City spent that On Grealish and benched him most of the season, love your optimism but it’s sadly misspent.
Obviously directed not at you but first post pal