Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 76.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

AndySmith1990

It's just not acceptable that we're starting our first league match with Mcfred. Everyone including Ten Hag is responsible for that.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Shambles of a club. Why get rid of Ralf from this consultancy role? Why did we allow the manger just to sign his players only? Surely we had a list of players?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Fraud of a manager. 50m+ on Martinez. Sticking with Mcfred, Rashford and Sancho.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This should be no surprise if anyone watched us in pre season. "Pre season performances don't matter." you say? Nah. Good teams win football matches. Shit ones don't.

RoyH1

He needs 5 or 6 new starters to do anything in this league. Half of his team is bottom table quality.

slored1

He needs time but we are doomed if he doesn't drop his demands for midfielders. We simply cannot have Frenkie as the only purchase option. Unacceptable.

BlueHaze

He can't be serious with this BS? He'll be a new De Boer if he can't come up with better than this.

Rajma

I posted a while ago (at the beginning of the window) saying that he will follow his predecessors if McT will stay in the club past the summer let alone continue starting the games.

Greck

The freaking DoF should have just done his job rather than have the manager waste a season confirming what we've already known for 3 years.

flappyjay

He needs time but we are doomed if he doesn't drop his demands for midfielders. We simply cannot have Frenkie as the only purchase option. Unacceptable.
We needed 2 double pivot midfielders from the beginning. As sweet as martinez is on the ball a CB shouldn't been behind 2 midfielders on the priority list.

Vapor trail

It almost seems like arrogance to suggest the club will develop a FDJ. It's not a slight against ETH but this is a very competitive league. United need four additions including two midfielders and two attackers.

Traub

I am saying this again and again this slow building up team for few years won't work. Splash 400 mn in this window and give best possible tools to ETH to work with.

Then you didn't even need to spend in further windows. Remove the deadwoods. You will be really fine under this manager.

Same players and expecting another result will not do anyone any favour.
We don't have that sort of money, or the wage budget to match.

youmeletsfly

What the feck did you fecking lunatics expect, to suddenly turn from a 6th-9th placed team to title contenders?

Of course we are going to be shit, no matter who the manager is. I think some of you really don't understand we have Maguire, Fred, Mctominay, Rashford, Dalot and, to an extent, Bruno starting . They are very average players, bar Bruno, who is a bit of a waster but seems he can't fit any setup in any team, he's all over the place.

This squad needs serious reinvestment and serious re-coaching, and that doesn't happen over a summer.

Skills

Snitch
The good thing is though, once he does get sacked we won't find it hard to sell all our players. He'll probably want them all at his next club so he doesn't have to work with anyone new

maximus419

Can anyone seriously say theyve seen anything different compared to the football last season?

I've watched with close interest to gauge what system or changes in play and build up and I've seen nothing at all.

I just don't think the players have bought into his philosophy. However ultimately they aren't good enough that they are capable of changing their play style. It's like trying to teach an old dog new tricks, we need a major clear out.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need to give ETH two CMs, a striker and a RB ASAP if we're ambitious

Crashoutcassius

He has the players to not be hammered by Brighton. Not a good start. But I think we fans have faith that it will improve. It isn't all about players though

talking robot

He's not been backed by our dysfunctional board in the transfer market, and this is the inevitable product.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Club is broken beyond repair. I've just given up now and resigned to that fact.

LunchBox

Managers doing the same thing other managers do with that lineup… cmon. The talent is lacking.

Castia

Tell you what Erik you can sign who you want but if you persist with McFred it’s only going one way.