Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Skills

Snitch
We're so out of ideas in attack. Sancho and Rashford are just pure passengers

RedOrange

He is the answer. I can bet my life on this forum and if he isn't, I can get banned
There isn't actually a combination of 11 players in this squad that can consistently win Premier league matches. They have a fecking attacking mid playing DM because their CM's literally can't pass the ball or play their positions properly. You can put anyone in charge of them, it won't matter.

Jezpeza

I remember once saying ETH could go the way of De Boer at Palace. Then convinced myself otherwise.

This is smeg.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's another De Boer. He will get sacked before October. Can't complain. Said we should get him and here he is. What a joker.
We keep making this mistake.

Players will be laughing their asses off as usual.

el3mel

In the sense of utter collapse, then of course it is.
The point is in this game we played good football, went a man down and collapsed. In this it has been utter humiliation from the first minute.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He needs a proper DoF. Who will back him but at the same time, say to him no when is needed.
Spending 60 mil on Martinez and pairing him with Maguire was a disaster from the start

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He needs a proper DoF. Who will back him but at the same time, say to him no when is needed.
Spending 60 mil on Martinez and pairing him with Maguire was a disaster from the start
Feel for Martinez actually, not his fault. This is on ETH

cyberman

The players are fecking disgusting, they're not fit to wear the shirt and at least 7 of them shouldn't play for us again. However, knowing that and seeing them week in week out, why would you make them play a type of football they're absolutely incapable of playing? This is the issue with system managers, they're so hamstrung by the system they don't know what else to do except more of the system.
They have to play some sort of style though. Every style has been tried with this squad and it’s the same results. What’s the difference between this and Brighton last season when they weren’t asked to press high or play it out? It’s players strolling about not giving anything a chance. Nothing can succeed here.
Sancho is a prime example. All he does is walk slowly to the edge of the box and play a slide rule 5 yard box to the byline. Rinse and repeat.
Rashford run in at an angle, feint to go on outside and cut in. They fail doing the same thing over and over again and (imo) flat out refuse to follow any sort of game plan

NewYorkRed

I’m by no means judging him yet, especially because one of the players I have defended a ton, DDG, has massively let him down here today. But the Martinez signing already looks a disaster.

Man-United

Tbf the United fans on redcafe got no clue either. We all wanted LvG, Jose, Ralf and EtH.

Arrogant enough to want no input from the previous victim of this squad? Good lad. Here's your reward. Made his own fecking bed, so better hope this magical coaching formula comes good at some point

BlueHaze

Wasn't impressed one bit by that Martinez signing, good technically but midget in PL in that position is a nightmare. We did not need spend over 50m on him. Worse of all he pairs him with an absolute trashcan. It honestly seems out of all the previous managers this guy is the most daft and that shocks me incredibly.

mu4c_20le

It takes time to implement anything, but we look like LVG 2.0, passing it around and getting nervous when we lose the ball

Maybe playing on the break is best suited for us after all.

Those above him didn't tell him to start with this awful midfield combo, nor did they tell him to chase after one player the entire summer.

They also didn't tell him to sign this shit 50m defender, or the left back he's leaving on the bench to rot.
who would you play in midfield instead? Who would be an improvement?

He shouldn’t be the one signing players. Look at Spurs. The DoF signs the players to make a team so that the manager’s job is to manage the players. At Ajax he had that. At United he doesn’t.

cyberman

I’m by no means judging him yet, especially because one of the players I have defended a ton, DDG, has massively let him down here today. But the Martinez signing already looks a disaster.
Every defensive signing is a disaster because we expose every defensive player we have.

SAFMUTD

Support Ten Hag no matter what, I've seen enough to know this is about the players. Get rid of them all.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Can't complain. Said we should get him and here he is. What a joker.
Same. Looks like I know nothing. A quality manager wouldnt lose his first two games like this even with a bad crop of players. The fact that he’s targeting all his ex-players doesnt sit well either. Dont think he’ll turn this around but what do I know eh :confused:

Dan_F

Hi Erik. Any chance of managing the team? A sub? Change of formation? Anything.

Josh 76

Was a very strange signing

Ralph1386

Arrogant enough to want no input from the previous victim of this squad? Good lad. Here's your reward. Made his own fecking bed, so better hope this magical coaching formula comes good at some point
Maybe the club are the ones who did not want Ragnick to give ETH a proper handover.

AndyMUFC86

We need to move him into DM

Skills

Snitch
Wasn't impressed one bit by that Martinez signing, good technically but midget in PL in that position is a nightmare. We did not need spend over 50m on him. Worse of all he pairs him with an absolute trashcan. It honestly seems out of all the previous managers this guy is the most daft and that shocks me incredibly.
It was a terrible, terrible signing considering the state of the rest of the team. The only we reason we could justify signing another CB was if he was planning to play 3 at the back. But he wasn't.

We needed a RB and central midfielders. We've not signed a single one of those.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He's an excellent manager but our squad is mid table standard at best.
No quite excellent, he's very stubborn and wants to play a certain way. The squad isn't even mid table and needs investing. But Ten Hag is also to blame to try and play his style with this pile of garbage.
Either the board will have to spend a lot of money to let Ten Hag play his favored style or they have to get rid of him.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
OK I am starting to worry. No game plan, below average players being targeted (so we have even more deadwood), fortunes spent on a baby CB and chasing a Barca player the whole summer who doesn’t even want to join us.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He showed himself to be a promising head coach. That was it.

He wasn't managing Ajax.
Correct. It's lunacy to expect him to be in charge of recruitment.

Martínez is looking like a dud but it's the club's fault for putting ETH in the position where he's responsible for identifying transfer targets.