Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Seeing us struggling to sell players i wonder is it possible that he is like Solskjaer and wants to have big squad?

NoPace

If you post it like that it's quite obvious that the Ajax team looks stronger. :lol:
Shaw, Maguire, Dalot, De Gea and obviously the vacant Striker spot need replacing.

Btw not saying that Blind is better than Shaw in general, but for the Ten Hag style he is.
Yeah, I don't expect us to to be as good as last year's Ajax team this year. They should really have made the quarters over Benfica but their creators didn't step up.

The biggest problem is probably our players just not being comfortable or schooled in actually passing and moving and pressing, apart from Eriksen, Martinez and Antony. Midfield 3 on paper looks potentially way better than Ajax's 3, defence and attack bit worse. Keeper a problem, though it was for them too really.

Shaw should be perfect for the role because he's a good defender in the half-spaces generally and can play a pass and easily move between LCB and LB, but he's just so inconsistent and might not give enough of a feck.

Loon

:lol:
I originally thought ten Hag would see to it the team which finished last season did not exist in 24 months. I think he’s looking to do it faster than that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
dew it!!!!
It's the Daily Heil, so not getting my hopes up but him going would be a great start to clearing the club, right after getting the Glazer rats out.

Boondog

Rashford hit 36 G + A barely a year ago. Shaw was outstanding in the 2021 season (one season ago). Maguire was part of our defence which was 5th best in the league in 2021. None of this is 2 years or a long time. literally one season has merched into 2 for some reason. Have I slept through a year or something? The wages thing I can agree on/
The other teams know Maguire is a victim of their change of approach but if I'm them I'd move him as fast as I can. Clear the air so that old locker room voice is gone.

maximus419

He is very naive going into an interview like that particularly with Carragher and Nev.

Right now the club should be doing some kind of media blackout, there is nothing to gain doing these interviews. It's literally giving the media ammo to hit him with around recruitment, player power and bad results and performances.

He is probably trying to get media onside and thinking it will work to his advantage. Even though Nev is a red, make no mistake, he's part of the media circus that loves to see us in trouble. Ten Hag has to understand there is no such thing as trusted or good journos in football.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is very naive going into an interview like that particularly with Carragher and Nev.

Right now the club should be doing some kind of media blackout, there is nothing to gain doing these interviews. It's literally giving the media ammo to hit him with around recruitment, player power and bad results and performances.

He is probably trying to get media onside and thinking it will work to his advantage. Even though Nev is a red, make no mistake, he's part of the media circus that loves to see us in trouble. Ten Hag has to understand there is no such thing as trusted or good journos in football.
The opposite. He is right doing it, and it shows his strong personality. He is not hiding and it is the right thing to do. And that is why he is the right manager for us

maximus419

The opposite. He is right doing it, and it shows his strong personality. He is not hiding and it is the right thing to do. And that is why he is the right manager for us
He is protecting the owners, those involved in the disastrous recruitment planning, the players, especially Ronaldo.

Now I understand that a manager has to do that, but when Ronaldo leaves and when we end up signing players out of panic and when the fans do their next protest against the glazers, it will make him look like a mug. However this interview was by choice, it's not the contractual stuff he has to do for the associated press before and after a game, which is why I believe it's naive.

Right now, his focus should be all about the team. Taking time out to do a piece for MNF so Carragher and Neville can tear lumps out of him, on the live show beforehand, who do you think it benefits!

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Very much looking forward to this interview. I think it takes a lot of guts to come out and do this interview, some of the questions are quite tough but absolutely the right ones. I'm curious to see ETHs responses.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've never been more disappointed in a full time manager here.

I expected shit with Moyes and Mourinho, and didn't expect too much from Ole and van Gaal.

I thought ten Hag would be good, though. I thought we finally hired a manager who understood the importance of press resistant players. Nope. Fill the squad with more shite in Eriksen and Casemiro.

NLunited

I expected shit with Moyes and Mourinho, and didn't expect too much from Ole and van Gaal.

I thought ten Hag would be good, though. I thought we finally hired a manager who understood the importance of press resistant players. Nope. Fill the squad with more shite in Eriksen and Casemiro.
It will take time. We can‘t get FdJ right now, but we sure tried.

Eriksen is good on the ball and Casemiro as well, but not press resistant. That‘s not their roles. Eriksen is a creator and Casemiro a dm.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

White text ?

Yagami

Good post resistant
It will take time. We can‘t get FdJ right now, but we sure tried.

Eriksen is good on the ball and Casemiro as well, but not press resistant. That‘s not their roles. Eriksen is a creator and Casemoiro a dm.
It's bull, I'm afraid.

There are countless press resistant players out there. Instead, we go for more lightweight players in their 30s.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Yeah, I don't expect us to to be as good as last year's Ajax team this year. They should really have made the quarters over Benfica but their creators didn't step up.

The biggest problem is probably our players just not being comfortable or schooled in actually passing and moving and pressing, apart from Eriksen, Martinez and Antony. Midfield 3 on paper looks potentially way better than Ajax's 3, defence and attack bit worse. Keeper a problem, though it was for them too really.

Shaw should be perfect for the role because he's a good defender in the half-spaces generally and can play a pass and easily move between LCB and LB, but he's just so inconsistent and might not give enough of a feck.
I'd say Bruno isn't better for that particular style. Doesn't really suit him. At least not on the midfield. Would work on the wing in a similar role like Ziyech had at Ajax.

dinostar77

Excellent video on the problems ETH faces. Basically too many players in the squad cant play the way ETH wants. Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, Ronaldo all cant press. Or if they try they are awful at it. Casemiro not mention in the video fills the gap in front of the defence. But the problem still persists. Who other than erikson can turn defence into attack in a possession based system? We have a missing midfielder who we havent bought. Frenkie would have fixed this issue. But wont happen. De gea also needs replacing, think joe hart at city when guardiola joined. This season will be painful and long. We need another midfielder alomg with casemiro.

Resonance

:lol:

He's been with the players for about 6 weeks and we're 2 matches into the new season, jesus christ.

The Ronaldo thing is mad, the "I'll tell in 2 weeks", the response from ETH about that not being what he is telling them (wanting to leave).

Ronaldo's kicked up a massive fuss hasn't he, about some players being absolutely fecking shite and the need for the club to go massive in the market? I didn't believe it at all, sounded like absolutely nonsense, but everything is started to point to a player making massive demands of the club to improve.

Excellent video on the problems ETH faces. Basically too many players in the squad cant play the way ETH wants. Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, Ronaldo all cant press. Or if they try they are awful at it. Casemiro not mention in the video fills the gap in front of the defence. But the problem still persists. Who other than erikson can turn defence into attack in a possession based system? We have a missing midfielder who we havent bought. Frenkie would have fixed this issue. But wont happen. De gea also needs replacing, think joe hart at city when guardiola joined. This season will be painful and long. We need another midfielder alomg with casemiro.

Sancho can press, did it just fine at Dortmund so I don't buy that at all. Also, if there's one thing that players can be taught, it's to press.

De Gea is obviously a massive issue, but Varane, Maguire, Lindelöf, Martinez and our new left back can all play out from the back. Bailly too for that matter. The big issue is midfield, but Eriksen can pass between the lines and progress the ball no problem, the issue at Brentford was playing him as the deepest midfielder, a problem that has now been fixed, so he'll play with a more natural position and has probably the best DM in the World to do the dirty work and get him the ball.

I'd say we're another midfielder and forward away from being able to play exactly as the manager wants, and it certainly seems like we're gonna bring in 2 more players before the end of the month.

De Gea though will remain a massive issue.

fecking ell, this post.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Ahh yes, TifoIRL who are definitely in it for the integrity and not the cheap United engagement.

Sickening to see them fall off so spectacularly over the course of a summer.

crossy1686

career ending
Maguire could easily fetch £50-60 million. He is still an important starter for England national team, Arsenal paid £50million for White who had 1 season under his belt. McTominay is fetching 40 million in this market seen as Forest just bought an unproven English player for 45 million P.S. Newcastle want him. Rashford is going for 60-70 million. Raphinha is not more productive than Rashford and went for similar. Shaw is fetching 25-30 million seen as Newcastle just signed a non international LB for 16million. De Gea is fetching £25 million.
If I am wrong, tell me what you think they would fetch and why?
Have you seen Maguire?

For a start, if we wanted him gone we’d have to sell him, meaning we’re in a position of weakness right away, we’re effectively saying this bloke isn’t good enough. He isn’t going to ask to leave and we’re not going to say no.

On top of that, there’s a small issue of his performances. Which pundits at one point last season were told to stop talking about because it was getting so bad for him.

Then you’ve got his salary, which is north of £150k a week. Who’s taking that on?

We’d be lucky to get £10m for him.

TheReligion

Abusive

When did you start posting utter bollocks?

Cringeworthy stuff

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Not sure if serious :confused:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's bull, I'm afraid.

There are countless press resistant players out there. Instead, we go for more lightweight players in their 30s.
Casemiro is lightweight? Have you ever watched him play?

Your obsession with “press resistant” is a bit weird tbh. It’s a meaningless description, which just means players that are hard to get the ball of. Which is something that should apply to every good footballer.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think we are going to break the bank and buy Antony too. And then in the final day of window, somehow FDJ finally make up his mind to leave, and we will pay Barca/FDJ whatever they what. So there it is:

De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia
Casemiro FDJ
Antony Eriksen Sancho
Ronaldo
Our season will be back on track with these players, it has to be.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

If serious, you are a bit of an idiot

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is protecting the owners, those involved in the disastrous recruitment planning, the players, especially Ronaldo.

Now I understand that a manager has to do that, but when Ronaldo leaves and when we end up signing players out of panic and when the fans do their next protest against the glazers, it will make him look like a mug. However this interview was by choice, it's not the contractual stuff he has to do for the associated press before and after a game, which is why I believe it's naive.

Right now, his focus should be all about the team. Taking time out to do a piece for MNF so Carragher and Neville can tear lumps out of him, on the live show beforehand, who do you think it benefits!
I have not seen the interview. In what wqy is he protecting the owners?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I think we are going to break the bank and buy Antony too. And then in the final day of window, somehow FDJ finally make up his mind to leave, and we will pay Barca/FDJ whatever they what. So there it is:

De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia
Casemiro FDJ
Antony Eriksen Sancho
Ronaldo
Our season will be back on track with these players, it has to be.
Still at least three major issues there but that would be quite a feat if we could make it happen. Really doubt it though.

Flexdegea

Casemiro is lightweight? Have you ever watched him play?

Your obsession with “press resistant” is a bit weird tbh. It’s a meaningless description, which just means players that are hard to get the ball of. Which is something that should apply to every good footballer.

"Press resistant" is another annoying fancy term for players with technical ability on the ball.

Shocking post he wrote.

Imagine thinking ETH hasn't a clue about players and his sides being technical on the ball.

You have to wonder with them sort of posts are they being serious

In Rainbows

Press resistant? I too want that. I want a player that can play like Modric. This is a strong reason why Madrid won in the CL. But Casemiro was also his teammate. Did Casemiro somehow dull Modric's ability to be press resistant? Did he somehow make Real Madrid less likely to win those trophies by making them not as good in the press resistant to where Modric's ability was no longer a factor? Obviously not if they won multiple times with him.

I don't get your logic. This is 1 transfer window and he's 1 player.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
This ownership struggle with Ratcliffe trying to force them out through fan pressure and the glazers responding the only way they can - through signings to win games - is going to work out jolly well for him over the next 10 days I think. Linked with Hakimi now…We could end this window with a brilliant squad, a top coach and the Glazers gone in the medium term!!!

::sonny::

The Ronaldo thing is mad, the "I'll tell in 2 weeks", the response from ETH about that not being what he is telling them (wanting to leave).

Ronaldo's kicked up a massive fuss hasn't he, about some players being absolutely fecking shite and the need for the club to go massive in the market? I didn't believe it at all, sounded like absolutely nonsense, but everything is started to point to a player making massive demands of the club to improve.
He did the same at Juve telling he wants to stay but then asked to be sold on 31th august

OpenIntrovert

He did the same at Juve telling he wants to stay but then asked to be sold on 31th august
He did not say he was staying at Juve, he just said that the press need to keep their mouth shut and that he will do his talking on the pitch. Back then, there were strong rumours that Allegri had told Juve that he did not want Ronaldo to be part of the team if he comes back as the new manager and Juve also felt that Ronaldo's wages were blocking their transfer funds. So it made sense why Ronaldo left.

NLunited

It's bull, I'm afraid.

Press-Resistant players are actually very rare. But yes, there are some targets we could have been after.

But what you don‘t seem to realize is that just about no one wants to come here right now.

Casemiro experienced first hand what Ten Hag is about when Real Madrid was schooled by Ajax several times. That‘s why he is coming.