Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 96 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 223 69.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Also, City are monstrous right now. They’ll walk the league and CL.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
City will do this to far better sides than us.

Ten Hag is only in the door.
Nah, they won’t. They will do this to Leeds, Nottingham, maybe Everton etc. They wont embarrass any top teams this way. They did that to Arsenal and Chelsea were at the very bottom but good teams don’t lose to them in this manner.

It’s fine losing to them. Even losing to them by a large margin. But not this way.

BlueHaze

Absolute embarrassment today he can feck himself but also brush this off quick and bounce back. I do not know why he buys casemiro and plays mctom but then again there is a hella shit about this club I don't understand. Hope he bouncea back quick.

DutchCruijff

Fred and Casemiro really need to start.

Shocking how Fred has been frozen out despite being one of our better performers last season.

cyberman

Criticism is fine for a new manager, he made wrong decisions, which would be mistakes for him to learn from. But Holy feck, people writing him off after 7 matches, saying We should have kept Ole, this place man.
7 matches when we were going here looking to win 5 in a row.
He deserves shit for this but there’s certain fans who may as well not follow us until we win the league again with the lack of allowance they’re giving Ten Hag

Skills

Snitch
He deserves shit for this but there’s certain fans who may as well not follow us until we win the league again with the lack of allowance they’re giving Ten Hag
If you couldn't see how porous we looked against Liverpool and Arsenal in midfield in 2 home games - you shouldn't be watching this sport. Ever.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m numb to it. Shrugs all round. The manager’s fault? The players? The owners? I don’t care. This is Manchester United.

skc_18

Eth probably thinking hey I did better than Fergie , he lost 6-1 I did 6-2.

mav_9me

It happens. And it's gonna happen again before we get to where we need to.

Look at Arteta. Currently has Arsenal at the top of the table having made the sort of progress we're looking to make, yet just last season was getting dicked 5-0 and 4-0 by City and Liverpool, not to mention 3-0 by Spurs. And that's having already been in the job for a season and a half at that point.

When we say it's going to take time and patience, these are the sort of results that prompt the need for that time and patience. City were 35 points better than us last season and have improved since then. We've a long, long way to go so suck it up, basically.
Very very well said.

This clearly shows the difference in levels. That difference comes from an excellent manager (the best) in place for 4 yrs, a potential all time great striker in Halland, and we having come 6th with most people agreeing we need to buy at least 7 new players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lovely pen, adds a little bit more respectability, 3-6

Probably the wrong thread, but to bring it back on the right thread, this isn't the game to judge Ten Hag. Too early to be battling this beast of a City team as equals.

Need to get back on the steady progress of the Arsenal and Liverpool wins asap after this.

el3mel

If only football worked like that. :lol:
No, it should work like "if you're better than me it's normal to lose to you by 6 goals". They haven't scored 6 past us in the past 9 years even though we were as bad as we're this season but it's alright now I guess, because our manager is our Dutch god.

Cathy Ferguson

Worrying just how badly he got it wrong today. And it was so obviously coming from the moment we got the team sheet.

Playing a two man midfield of Eriksen & Scott away at City was a disaster waiting to happen. I can’t work out what he was actually thinking, that we could outplay them?
Agreed. Should have started both McTominay and Casemiro.

evil_geko

No, it should work like "if you're better than me it's normal to lose to you by 6 goals". They haven't scored 6 past us in the past 9 years even though we were as bad as we're this season but it's alright now I guess, because our manager is our Dutch god.
Like I said, if only football worked simplistic like you think it is. :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Everton away next in the league sandwiched by two matches against Omonia of Cyprus. Hopefully the pick-me-up we need. I do worry about Varane though.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Without Haaland we are getting something out of this also. He was unplayable today.

Really, some of you should go beat one off and continue with your day.

cyberman

If you couldn't see how porous we looked against Liverpool and Arsenal in midfield in 2 home games - you shouldn't be watching this sport. Ever.
I dont think we looked bad or porous v those teams at all. Especially Arsenal who are literally the best team in the league at the minute and who we tore through their midfield for all three goals.
It’s just shit, we have literally gone to the Etihad and tried to go toe to toe with them so pointing to two games when we scored 5 games together is just nonsense.
It really is.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Casemiro was not his choice.
That is bs argument which we use for every manager. He said yes on him so he is his choice. And even if he is not his choice then what? He will bench him over fecking McTominay for what? Make some kind a point?

AmanNits04

I guess most of us aware that some fans would turn on him the moment he gets a bad result, despite him being new to the league and players being so low on confidence after last season. Some fans will find fault even if we win the league 10 times in a row. You just can't satisfy them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Criticism is fine for a new manager, he made wrong decisions, which would be mistakes for him to learn from. But Holy feck, people writing him off after 7 matches, saying We should have kept Ole, this place man.
Empty vessels....

cyberman

I guess most of us aware that some fans would turn on him the moment he gets a bad result, despite him being new to the league and players being so low on confidence after last season. Some fans will find fault even if we win the league 10 times in a row. You just can't satisfy them.
Yep the difference was Haaland and not finding that midfield balance just yet. Hopefully it’ll come but it just shows getting it even slightly wrong gets ruthlessly exposed by City.
Honestly could be looking at 70 goals at the Etihad alone for that lot this season.

el3mel

That kind exists only for you I am afraid.
Who the feck cares. He has Casemiro and Fred on the bench, but he decides to go with two lightweights in Bruno and Eriksen instead.

His tactics are simply shit and instead of focusing on the players he has to look at himself.

Eriksen playing every single game is also fecking ridiculous. He's persistent on shoehorning him into every lineup even if he plays out of position. Can't shake the feeling by this way Eriksen will end up running our season instead of helping it.

lsd

The Oracle
That is bs argument which we use for every manager. He said yes on him so he is his choice. And even if he is not his choice then what? He will bench him over fecking McTominay for what? Make some kind a point?

This 200% even if he wasn't his choice which is nonsense if he refused to play him because of that then he would need sacked immediately.

Truth is he made a mistake not starting him today and will hopefully learn from it.

I can understand him thinking McTominey had been playing well but today was too big a game to do that and not okay Casemiro.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
They only just bought a guy who has 3 hatrick's in a row. He didn't play in the games you refer to. He might have something to do with it you know. You want Ten Haag to run onto the pitch and break his legs so we draw instead of losing by 3?

marktan

Said before the match the tactics were wrong, way too attack minded. Under Ole we beat City regularly by packing the midfield and defending deep, and then hitting on the counter with Rashford and Martial. We should've stuck to that blue print. It's just poor tactics from ETH really, and shows a general tactical inflexibility from him.

Also we needed Martial up top as he's one of the few players we have with great hold up and link up play.

I mean amongst the front 6 the only one that's defensively capable is Mctominay.. it was never going to end well. Fred, Casemiro, Mctominay with Eriksen as an AM would've given us a far better chance.

el3mel

No one really wrote him off though ? Giving excuses for him or pretending he has been anything bar average though is the ridiculous take.

Ten Hag is getting way too much pass from a lot of fans not because of his work on the pitch but because his name is Ten Hag.

Another manager with same performance and results at the start of his tenure wouldn't have as many people defending him.

The results and play style have been below average so far and he needs to improve. At least I'm waiting to see any signs of us actually building something, for God sake.

RedOrange

Fred and Casemiro really need to start.

Shocking how Fred has been frozen out despite being one of our better performers last season.
Fred started the first two matches and was the worst player on the pitch in both. He's being slowly brought back in now.

OldSchoolManc

Some of you need to get a grip and realise how long he’s been here and then disrupted for weeks for stupid reasons.