Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

De_BoerAjax

Supports
Ajax
I think most people are not aware of what the gaffer is trying to achieve.

He wants the players getting so accustomed to eachother, so that they can pick passes blindly. He is giving his starting 11 as much minutes together as possible, to get the routines in and to score a lot of goals (working on confidence).

I expect the strongest possible side, and I expect a 4-0 tonight.

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag

He wants the players getting so accustomed to eachother, so that they can pick passes blindly. He is giving his starting 11 as much minutes together as possible, to get the routines in and to score a lot of goals (working on confidence).

Clear! I wish we could pin this post.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

All well and good but we have a game every 3 days for at least 2 months. They won't be picking any passes from the hospital bed.

Suedesi

100%

He even explicitly said so in last news conference - he needs players to perfect the automatisms (routines) and you can only achieve that by playing.

OrcaFat

He’s such a beast of a manager. Seems really to be a manager as opposed to a head coach type. Reminds me of SAF. I could see him building a dynasty here. Hope he likes Manchester.

Foolsgold21

Erik is surely on the caf given that he’s got Sancho as a 10 and Lindelof as a DM.

Giving the people what they want.

Hackman2210

Utds greatest signing since Cantona! Love it - Martinez, Casemiro, varane incredible tonight. AWB - brilliant. Shaw brilliant. Has to be down to the second best Eric ever.

Hester_manc

Do not get me wrong - I really love what ETH is doing for and with United. I believe he is the best manager, we have had since Fergie. But this is still a bit remarkable:

Tarrou

he's going on about how shit we were in the first half

bringing the Fergie-esque standards back!

Wayne's World

It's got to the stage now that I'd be so worried If he left because there's no manager out there who could have the same effect that he has

Must be what Liverpool fans have felt with Klopp. Deserves to win a trophy in his first season and get full backing under new owners

Lights Out

Do not get me wrong - I really love what ETH is doing for and with United. I believe he is the best manager, we have had since Fergie. But this is still a bit remarkable:

Not really - Ole had an amazing start. Then it went quickly downhill. I’d be interested to see the next 20.

Zen86

Different trajectories though. Ole had an incredible start that eventually ran out of steam, whereas ETH has been steadily gathering momentum after a rocky first couple of games.

Ludens the Red

Nah it isn’t, Ole had a ridiculous new manager bounce and that turned out to be a disaster in disguise because it fooled the board into giving him the job full time.

edcunited1878

What's up with the Ole comparisons? United free-balled it w/Ole and it didn't work out. EtH is the most modern and player relatable and stubborn in the most positive way manage since Fergie. Moyes is a solid nothing burger, LVG is ridgid and too old school, Jose is too old school and ridgid, Ole was a free hit and failed because he had nothing to fall back on...EtH is the best manager for the best time. Long may it continue.

Baneofthegame

Ole after 10 games had the most points of any manager in premier league history after 10 games so it's not surprising after he had such a huge new manager bounce.

Lights Out

I love the man and I love how honest he is when he’s asked to assess the performance. No bullshit.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I'm curious what he now considers his best forward line. Is he serious about Sancho in AM? If so, will he be a back-up to Bruno (and also to Rashford and/or Antony I suppose), or does Bruno go out wide and Antony to the bench?
Came here to talk about ETH and instead the conversation is dominated by Ole talk.
Only if everyone continues it. Let's help switch topics. :)