Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robbie Boy

If you think this team has the same level as the Ole team, then I don’t know what to say.
We have a clear identity now. We had a lot of possessionat the Camp Nou. I don’t think we could have done that with Ole.
The difference is absolutely night and day. We are finally playing modern, progressive football.

Marwood

That poster seems to have a hard on for Ole. Ole is simply an average manager, at best. The difference in our play between ETH and Ole, is worlds apart.
Not at all. Clearly ETH is a better manager.

I just don't think we're playing quite as well as some think. Nor do I really get the need to pretend we never played well under Ole. It's strange.

Today again that was a poor first half. Thankfully Leicester didn't take advantage.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hipster manager. :drool:

Anyone else was reminded of Wenger's very good attacking seasons at Arsenal?

OverratedOpinion

Starting the game a bit slow against a very decent and very determined Premier League side. The manager tweaking things and us taking total control with a youth player being our talisman and scoring 2 lovely goals. Ending the game with McTominay and an exciting youth product as our midfield and looking like we can rip them to shreds at will. All this following a dominant midweek performance at the Camp Nou.

This is all Fergie shit. I think we have found him lads, I think we have found the one finally.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It really feels like this is the first coach we've had since Ferguson. What I love about this team is how we play with certainty and risk

Teja

I'm so grateful that we got this guy instead of Poch. TBF most of the Caf wanted him but there was a significant section of pundits etc that were pushing for Poch.

Robbie Boy

I'm so grateful that we got this guy instead of Poch. TBF most of the Caf wanted him but there was a significant section of pundits etc that were pushing for Poch.
The Caf definitely wanted him. The Poch option was media driven.

Marwood

If you think this team has the same level as the Ole team, then I don’t know what to say.
We have a clear identity now. We had a lot of possessionat the Camp Nou. I don’t think we could have done that with Ole.
Nope never happened so you don't havw to say anything about it.

I'm only countering this idea we're now playing a level of football not seen since Fergie.

I just don't get the need to play down Ole's good points to praise ETH. I mean you downplaying the PSG away games to praise the recent Barca game. It's just flat out strange.

But to clarify, I really like ETH and have full confidence he'll get us back to the top. But I don't think we're as close as some do.

Rustyspider13

A miracle worker. We dominated Leicester with only one change. That's the mark of a manager who knows what he's doing and can affect the game with his instructions alone. Simply incredible job.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
9 points better off than this time last season. What a start.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I’ve always trusted Ten Hag and was exhilarated that we got him, but the sheer speed at which he has transformed us is absolutely remarkable.

These past few weeks have felt different to every false dawn we’ve had before… the professional performances, the terrific results, the beautiful football, the buzz amongst the fanbase, the slow realisation amongst rival fans that we are looking ominous, the ABU media finally recognising our transformation: it’s all there.

A win midweek v Barcelona and a trophy next weekend v Newcastle to validate everything we’ve all been observing these past few months would be simply be a perfect week for us. I want it so badly after the past ten years of suffering and frustration.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Love this man.

There's no other Coach in world football I'd take over him. Give him the players he wants and we will be back challenging for everything. He's already over achieved this season so I'm just enjoying the ride.

kidbob

His positional changes at half time really changed the game. The football was excellent considering some of the players missing. If he can get a few back fit we could push the top 2 hard.

mu4c_20le

First half was poor and he knew it. Leicester's pass and move had us bamboozled. Made some changes and turned it around.

Robbie Boy

Yeah was trying to give some credit to BR. Phenomenal difference in the second half.
Leicester literally just started gung-ho, and had zero game-plan if they didn't nick one early on. Tbf, they did play some really nice stuff, and it's baffling how they've been so bad this season.

Their whole plan fell to shit with ETH's tweaks and our second goal. We could have won it 5 or 6, by the end.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really? I thought it would be a lot more tbh.

Although didn't we end the season appallingly? That may explain it.
Felt like we pretty much lost every game from February onwards last year :lol: