Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

DownRiver

I chuckle at the fact that Ten Hag won't be understanding 73% of what Fergie would be saying :lol::lol:

edcunited1878

Scottish, Dutch, and some form of English-language walk into a pub...lovely photo. Only thing next is EtH lifting the PL trophy and Fergie watching on like Fergie and Busby. This will happen.

r0663664

Worships Man City
The difference between Ole and ETH was that players need to adapt to how ETH wants to play versus Ole adapting to how the players want to play. It was quite obvious that Ole wanted to implement a pressing team in pre-season and the team looks good but the players found it too tiring and Ole decided the sit back and invite pressure. ETH was taking none of this, if you don't do what he wants, he will drop you immediately. Ronaldo was the first casualty as he doesn't want to play his style of football. Utd hired the right man for the job. ETH has a fantastic season so far even if we lost the cup final and finish out of top 4. Give this man some time, he will steer the boat in the right direction.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I might be wrong and over extrapolating but has Fergie ever been this enthusiastic about where we are since his retirement? He seems to practically attend every game and now the Eric pic, overall he just seems much more engaged to me.

JustinC00

Reading the posts from August after Brentford are quite something. The Frank de Boer comments gave me a chuckle.

NLunited

The difference between Ole and ETH was that players need to adapt to how ETH wants to play versus Ole adapting to how the players want to play. It was quite obvious that Ole wanted to implement a pressing team in pre-season and the team looks good but the players found it too tiring and Ole decided the sit back and invite pressure. ETH was taking none of this, if you don't do what he wants, he will drop you immediately. Ronaldo was the first casualty as he doesn't want to play his style of football. Utd hired the right man for the job. ETH has a fantastic season so far even if we lost the cup final and finish out of top 4. Give this man some time, he will steer the boat in the right direction.
The boat has been pointed north, now we need to keep chugging.

Sviken

Tbh as much as I'm happy of this I also hope this didn't involve any business. Love SAF but with all due respect he should stay clear away from how United is run.
Why do people think SAF exercises any control over how the club is run? He hasn't since he retired. The Moyes thing was a fiasco, but it's not like he was the first choice and it's not like SAF had the executive powers to hire him. Afterwards, I don't think he had any, even miniscule influence, on how the club is run.

Strelok

Why do people think SAF exercises any control over how the club is run? He hasn't since he retired. The Moyes thing was a fiasco, but it's not like he was the first choice and it's not like SAF had the executive powers to hire him. Afterwards, I don't think he had any, even miniscule influence, on how the club is run.
Do you remember the interview where he said he always start his best player right after the Everton match where Ronaldo was subbed off and from that moment until he was sacked Ole always started Ronaldo?

Of course we can't be sure how things really were but just in case. I don't want anyone to mess with ETH right now. Let's hope it's like you said.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Tbh as much as I'm happy of this I also hope this didn't involve any business. Love SAF but with all due respect he should stay clear away from how United is run.
People should stop being so paranoid about everything, it's SAF and very good chance EtH would love to meet him.

SAF had nothing to do with how club is run.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Also the posts using Martinez signing against EtH look so stupid now.

Sir Erik ten Hag

He has retired for almost 10 years already and now only follows around as an enthusiastic United fan. Don't make such a big deal out of a warm, casual lunch between two men in the same industry.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
devilish being wrong about something well I never.
I got that horribly wrong haven't I? The thing is I always liked short CBs (baresi, cannavaro etc). However I never saw these players as appropriate for the EPL since it still relying heavily on crosses. I still think that a tall CB is more appropriate for the EPL then a short one. I believe that Martinez success is down to his inhumane elevation and the fact that we are playing a high line

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This post is extremely infuriating. Manufacture out a moan out of something nice.

Imlegend

Wise words

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Worst part is in not one bit surprised to see posts like that. I sort of expected that
I think the worst part is how people don't learn from their kneejerk whining being proven wrong.

They move from moaning about one issue to the other after being proven wrong yet they don't want to exercise any sort of patience. This season already we've had moaning about Ten Hag, Rashford, Casemiro, etc.

And everytime things eventually turn out alright, people simply jump on the next slight inconvenience happening at the club with another player and cry nonstop.

The latest was Sancho whom people wanted rid of and lamenting Ten Hag handling of the situation yet here we are with some already eating crows. But it still won't stop the same people to jump on the next knee jerk train.

NK86

Worst part is even with a pitch perfect midfield I still think this guy would struggle. He looks completely tactically naive, inept and clueless.

Like he hasn't done absolutely any homework at all.
Some really amazing takes those few pages. :lol:

Even now we have posters on here questioning him. Crazy!